It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1315
swissvale72 wrote:
I would take having only the crowd noise and the officials mike for every game....I can do without ANY of this commentary.


The megacast for college championship game has this on one of the espn channels and it is great. Also enjoy the coaches channel with like 6 or 8 coaches commenting on the game as it goes on and they have a clicker and rewind to show you what they are talking about. You really hear good insights as to what coaches see and think as a game is progressing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am
Posts: 164
True story. Watching game with my oldest boy. After a long game of much sighing and commenting in my house about how this may be the absolute worst commentary we've ever heard during a game:

Gruden: "... Randall Gay ..."
My Son: "Is Gruden drinking?"

I don't mind some commentators (like Collinsworth and even Romo now), I would be very happy with game sound (including refs) only.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6159
I watched the game on TSN, so saw none of the postgame. I just heard Gruden's comments, twice using the words "disgusting and disturbing," once in describing Juju's block/taunt. I can see saying it was dumb, unwise, uncalled for...but "disgusting and disturbing?" Not a very high bar for Gruden.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 125
swissvale72 wrote:
I watched the game on TSN, so saw none of the postgame. I just heard Gruden's comments, twice using the words "disgusting and disturbing," once in describing Juju's block/taunt. I can see saying it was dumb, unwise, uncalled for...but "disgusting and disturbing?" Not a very high bar for Gruden.


Was a very low bar all night long for him and his booth partner McDonough. They gushed about Burfict as though he were the reincarnation of Mother Teresa. I railed about it during the game, hardly believing what I was hearing. What a total embarrassment of an announcing job that was, pretending that the baggage this guy brings to the field for his behavior since entering the league is somehow not worth mentioning even once in the context of mutual hostility. When mediocre announcers and analysts openly root against your team, it’s annoying, but this went beyond that; from the start, Gruden had an agenda (maybe an agenda forced upon him, who knows), to praise and protect Burfict, and pretend somehow that his past is irrelevant to whatever takes place on the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Posts: 294
86n96 wrote:
...because he is A FUCKING DISGRACE in the booth. I appreciated the other dude's diatribe about officiating. Other than that, this commentary team is a shit show. I wish ESPN would just die already.

That is all.


I'd take Collinsworth over Gruden any day. Gruden's comments alone painted that game as the most horrible story ever told. I'm not a fan of hyperbole, but that is what Gruden speaks every time I dare to listen to a MNF game.

_________________
Free IC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6159
44LetzRide wrote:
86n96 wrote:
...because he is A FUCKING DISGRACE in the booth. I appreciated the other dude's diatribe about officiating. Other than that, this commentary team is a shit show. I wish ESPN would just die already.

That is all.


I'd take Collinsworth over Gruden any day. Gruden's comments alone painted that game as the most horrible story ever told. I'm not a fan of hyperbole, but that is what Gruden speaks every time I dare to listen to a MNF game.


His opinions suck, and his presentation sucks. Seriously, how hard is it to say repeatedly, "That's terrible; that's terrible."

And his sidekick is a freakin' no-nothing about football.

I'm good watching games in complete silence, going to the volume when I need it. That's going to be the deal for Patriots-Dolphins this week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1476
Will-the-Shake wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I watched the game on TSN, so saw none of the postgame. I just heard Gruden's comments, twice using the words "disgusting and disturbing," once in describing Juju's block/taunt. I can see saying it was dumb, unwise, uncalled for...but "disgusting and disturbing?" Not a very high bar for Gruden.


Was a very low bar all night long for him and his booth partner McDonough. They gushed about Burfict as though he were the reincarnation of Mother Teresa. I railed about it during the game, hardly believing what I was hearing. What a total embarrassment of an announcing job that was, pretending that the baggage this guy brings to the field for his behavior since entering the league is somehow not worth mentioning even once in the context of mutual hostility. When mediocre announcers and analysts openly root against your team, it’s annoying, but this went beyond that; from the start, Gruden had an agenda (maybe an agenda forced upon him, who knows), to praise and protect Burfict, and pretend somehow that his past is irrelevant to whatever takes place on the field.



The worst part was that ESPN had that montage queued up - showing all the hits the steelers have put on the Bengals over the years - Carson Palmer hit, the Hines Ward Block, etc.. Talking about how the league has created rules based on these hits. Not one fucking mention of Burfict's indiscretions. This was prepared segment - meaning ESPN anticipated showing this. I stick to my comment that ESPN is a joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3310
AirRescueFF wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Didn't the Little Fuckin' Dweeb Sean McDonough really say that Juju should "be ashamed of himself."



While Gruden was all but fellating Burfict.

Oh the friggin hypocrisy of the league and media.


I didn't understand why he was going out of his way to make Burfict likeable?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1476
I wish someone would create a video montage of all Burfict's dirty plays - with Gruden's MNF commentary over it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I really hope Gruden gets a coaching job...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5168
the-other-burg wrote:
I wish someone would create a video montage of all Burfict's dirty plays - with Gruden's MNF commentary over it.
Look around the internet. You'll find a number of them.

But something many of us aren't really taking into consideration. Owners have influence. Goodell has to manage all of them. The bengals have a bad rap for a while now with Pac Man etc. They probably asked the league to polish their image league wide, and what better place to do it than a "rivalry" game with the steelers on national TV? Especially when Burfucked got ejected in a game for touching an official earlier in the year? They probably thought they got railroaded.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bradshaw2ben, Chidi Iwuoma, DP39, fortythree, Google [Bot], GreekSteel, JackSplat58, jewelsongs, Miter Saw, Old School Steeler, Poltargyst, smithessmokin, steel, Steelers/PSU Fan, Still Lit, StillerDownSouth, Stillerz Bar, Stosh-67, Suwanee88, swissvale72, TB, VASteel, VeritasSteel, We Ride, Zeke5123 and 87 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group