It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sean Spence signed
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 pm 

Stillchest wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I’m going to come right out and say it...Sean Spence sucks! Always has...always will.
But...
He knows the system, and was available(because he sucks). Nothing at all to get excited about.

We're likely, fucked defensively without Shazier.
Good offensive teams, playoff and SB caliber offenses are going to eat us up.

Gonna be up to the offense to win a championship.

I know Shazier is a playmaker and extremely talented, but there is still a lot of talent on this defense to play well. Our d-line is still very good, Watt has been solid, VW leads the team in sacks, and if we get Haden back our secondary is decent. Coaches will have to adjust obviously.

Maybe I am on drugs, but I don't think Fort is terrible.

And I am not so sure SB caliber offenses weren't going to eat us up with Shazier. Look at what Stafford did, or even Hundley. But I was impressed with the defense rebounding last night, say what you want, but there is a ton of talent on that Cincy offense and Dalton was feeling it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:41 pm 

13 yards given up in the 4th quarter isn't exactly chopped liver, though I'll concede Andy Dalton isn't exactly Tom Brady. Next man up gets tested again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 pm 

JJT wrote:
I guess the corresponding move will be Shazier to IR?

No way. Shazier could be back in a week. Dirty Red

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:43 pm 

Who gets cut when Smith-Schuster returns from suspension? Same scenario when Gilbert returns.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:50 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Who gets cut when Smith-Schuster returns from suspension? Same scenario when Gilbert returns.

Pretty safe assumption that Shazier is going on IR...and possibly Matakavich too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:58 pm 

Wait, Matakevich was hurt? With all the focus on Shay... I missed Red's injury. Damn it. Thin at ILB all the sudden. Apparently, they aren't trusting Fort with next man up challenges hence the Spence signing. Ouch, that leaves VWill, Fort and Spence at ILB. I wonder if Wilcox could play in a 'hybrid' type role? I've read Moats is getting reps at ILB too. Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose. :?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:02 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Wait, Matakevich was hurt? With all the focus on Shay... I missed Red's injury. Damn it. Thin at ILB all the sudden. Apparently, they aren't trusting Fort with next man up challenges hence the Spence signing. Ouch, that leaves VWill, Fort and Spence at ILB. I wonder if Wilcox could play in a 'hybrid' type role? I've read Moats is getting reps at ILB too. Desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose. :?

Moats will probably start at ILB.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:06 pm 

86n96 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Moats will probably start at ILB.

1 can only hope he plays better there than what he's shown at OLB since joining the Steelers, 96. Rooting for him, SBI.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:48 pm 

Championship?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:50 am 

Stillchest wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
I’m going to come right out and say it...Sean Spence sucks! Always has...always will.
But...
He knows the system, and was available(because he sucks). Nothing at all to get excited about.

We're likely, fucked defensively without Shazier.
Good offensive teams, playoff and SB caliber offenses are going to eat us up.

Gonna be up to the offense to win a championship.

Don't sweat it. Haley will roll out a post-season offensive featuring 25% bubble passes, 10% reverses, 25% WR screens and 40% empty backfield passes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next