It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: We won that game because of Cam Sutton
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:35 pm 

Rudy Gay was on top of his game.

Thanks God.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:36 pm 

Yeah, Dalton had to be shitting his pants when he looked over to AJ Green and saw #34 right up on the line of scrimmage in man to man coverage. Sensabaugh was 10 yards off Green the whole night and it was just pitch and catch for easy completions and touchdowns.

I really wish Tomlin/Butler would just bite the bullet and play more man to man. With the injuries, and with so many vets that you depend on for communication like Shazier and Mitchell out, trying to do complicated zone coverages with the younger players is just asking for trouble. If you have a Cam Sutton, or Burns, or Allen, or Hilton that have size, speed or a knack for man coverage, then that is probably the safest option to turn to right now. Even the best man to man teams only play it 50% of the time, but we are down near the bottom of the league in terms of playing man.

Keep is simple, here is your man, cover him. Let Sutton, Allen, Burns, Hilton, etc just use their athletic ability and instincts, stop making them think so much in zone, do I carry this guy through or do I pass him off, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:37 pm 

KC wrote:
Rudy Gay was on top of his game.

Thanks God.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:44 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
If Sutton can play, he needs to be on the field. Gotta see what we have, both for a playoff run and for next year.

And when Haden comes back? What if the future isn't Burns/Haden but Sutton/Haden?

I don't know if I would call Hilton an emerging stud. Like what he's done on blitzes, but if Sutton could play in the slot I'd have a competition.

We can finally go man because of Cam.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm 

steel wrote:
everyone is focused on the nastiness of the contest, the big hits, the dirty play, the potentially paralyzing injury ---

but to me, the real story of the game is Cam Sutton

After the coaches replaced Sensabaugh with Sutton, the defense was totally transformed. No more wide open receivers and Dalton struggled.

I hope Sutton will start this week, and we never see sensabaugh again.

What happens when Haden comes back?

Sutton won't move to slot, because Hilton is an emerging star there.

Hate to see sutton wasted on the bench

Sensabaugh was sooooo bad in the first half

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:23 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
and the Steelers were playing a lot of dime, with Fort, Watt, & Gay in the middle, instead of Matakevich

‘“Randall” Gay quietly had a good game last night.

Yep, Randall Gay, Joe Joe Schuster, and Antonio Bryant all played well. Gruden was drunker than Dan Fouts last night.

"I know he's been fined over $300,000 by the league, but [insert Gruden's glowing ballwashing of Burfict]..."

That statement alone was priceless. Yeah, aside from trying to hurt people recklessly in college and in the pros, Vontaze is just awesome.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:23 pm 

Well, thankfully Bernard held Watt...because this would've been the what? 4th game in a row the D gave up a long embarrassing TD with the DB's out of place and missing tackles along the way?

And Cam Sutton was in on that.

Not taking away what else he might've done well...just tempering expectations a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
and the Steelers were playing a lot of dime, with Fort, Watt, & Gay in the middle, instead of Matakevich

Gruden was such a fucking douchebag -- I used to like that guy when he coached and when he first became an announcer -- WTF happened to him? Is he a fucking alcoholic?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 am 

Scunge wrote:
Yeah, Dalton had to be shitting his pants when he looked over to AJ Green and saw #34 right up on the line of scrimmage in man to man coverage. Sensabaugh was 10 yards off Green the whole night and it was just pitch and catch for easy completions and touchdowns.

I really wish Tomlin/Butler would just bite the bullet and play more man to man. With the injuries, and with so many vets that you depend on for communication like Shazier and Mitchell out, trying to do complicated zone coverages with the younger players is just asking for trouble. If you have a Cam Sutton, or Burns, or Allen, or Hilton that have size, speed or a knack for man coverage, then that is probably the safest option to turn to right now. Even the best man to man teams only play it 50% of the time, but we are down near the bottom of the league in terms of playing man.

Keep is simple, here is your man, cover him. Let Sutton, Allen, Burns, Hilton, etc just use their athletic ability and instincts, stop making them think so much in zone, do I carry this guy through or do I pass him off, etc.

Not just man, but also start moving to a true 4-3 with pressure from your front 4. I can’t stand the DB blitzing and the cushions- Same shit that Brady loves to see

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:19 am 

steel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Gruden was such a fucking douchebag -- I used to like that guy when he coached and when he first became an announcer -- WTF happened to him? Is he a fucking alcoholic?

Sauced...Just like Fouts usually is.