It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 980
Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP39 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Legal or not, this is about pouring ice water on the steelers - bengals "rivalry." Why they call it a rivalry, I don't know.

It also quietly exonerates Burfucked and says "See, he gets his fair share of illegal hits, therefore he's not dirty, or he's not the only dirty player in the NFL, so don't single him out. " Espn was trying to polish his image all night.

But equating JuJu's hit and resulting "injury" with Shazier is mind boggling. He was faking, imo.

Like it or not guys, the NFL and ESPN is trying to make Burfict the new Ray Lewis. Ethically and logically it never made sense why the NFL made Ray Lewis their poster boy like they did. But, from a marketing standpoint, it sell/makes money. It's the old good guy vs. bad guy plan. The NFL/ESPN is now using Burfict to get ratings.


Yup: that's how they sell movies too. Lots of people want to see the villain just as much as the good guys

30-for-30 getting to be just another crime show...

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1451
I hope juju lays him out again next time they meet. 6 inches lower with the helmet and they can’t flag that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 980
Jeemie wrote:
What is it with this fascination with glorifying the criminal element of the NFL.

Ray Lewis...Vontaze Burfict...Pac Man Jones.

Why do they get any love?

It's the end times, bro...

2 Timothy 3 wrote:

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;


Isaiah 5 wrote:
20 ¶ Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6337
I thought religion, as well as politics, was a no no?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:52 pm
Posts: 636
George Iloka's suspension just reduced to a fine.
What a joke!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 980
TB wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
TB wrote:
Can’t blame the NFL for taking action. Last night was bad for the game and the game's future, and these bloodbath games with the Bengals have to end. Is it unfair? Yeah, probably. Is it consistent? Hell no. But given the circumstances, this is completely justified. Juju’s hit by rule was illegal. 100%. No gray area unless you just want to be biased and wrong. And the taunting on top of it and with Burfict then being hauled off on a cart, as the rest of the world wondered if Ryan Shazier would walk again, was out of place. I was disappointed overall in how chippy the game was after Shazier went down, but proud of their resilience in finding a way to win.


1. Wasn’t crackback.

2. Principal contact was chest. H2H coincidental.

3. How was that 100% illegal?

4. Two hits — hardly a bloodbath. You bought into the narrative without factual support.


By rule, Burfict was in a defenseless posture and contact to the head or neck area occurred. It doesn’t matter if it was the crown of the helmet, forearm, shoulder, or even if the initial contact started below the head or neck area. By rule, it was 100% a penalty. You’re wrong.

Dude, I say you're wrong.
There's plenty of evidence to back my side of that argument as well.
You can keep going on and on in an internet message board thread if you want to...

:roll:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
COR-TEN wrote:
I thought religion, as well as politics, was a no no?


NOPE. If you don't like it don't read it- or so I was told.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 980
COR-TEN wrote:
I thought religion, as well as politics, was a no no?

Which religion is that, pray tell??

:lol:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 pm
Posts: 170
IMO, far more egregious example of an illegal "crackback" block than anything JuJu did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESc8kMMK-E

No suspension.

The whole league response is centered around the taunting, the Steelers/Bungles dynamic, the fact it was Burfict, and the Monday night publicity.

At this point I think the league should be calling penalties on guys who put themselves in defenseless positions. Should be the players responsibility to protect themselves and the fault should lie with them when they dont.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 980
treat88 wrote:
IMO, far more egregious example of an illegal "crackback" block than anything JuJu did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESc8kMMK-E

No suspension.

The whole league response is centered around the taunting, the Steelers/Bungles dynamic, the fact it was Burfict, and the Monday night publicity.

At this point I think the league should be calling penalties on guys who put themselves in defenseless positions. Should be the players responsibility to protect themselves and the fault should lie with them when they dont.

or, how 'bout this for a novel idea: butt out and let them play...

It is football, for cripes sake!
:roll:

_________________
http://steelerfury.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&p=14295#p14295


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4698
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.


Without the announcers and the Shazier injury, we wouldn't be talking about ANY suspensions from that game. In fact, we wouldn't be talking about it at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
Ice wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.


Without the announcers and the Shazier injury, we wouldn't be talking about ANY suspensions from that game. In fact, we wouldn't be talking about it at all.


Without Shazier's injury no we wouldn't. The talk was going to be there regardless because that's sports journalism/promotion these days. Chew on the talking points until the promotion of Thursday nights game kicks in.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10481
I know nothing cept what I watched...the juju suspension is bull shit.. most agree..heres a hunch of mine..burkift got lit up..by a wideout. hurt his pride. embarrassed. most likely knocked wind out of him a minite. but the hit to head was insignificant and he gets harder ones every game. I think the guy was faking serious injury. was resting and quite possibly mocking shaziers attention in his sick asshole mind! why he jumped off board after hes off field.. dude was mocking!
concussion protocal ? anyone can fake a concussion.. I'm angry our comeback win over coming adversity isn't the topic and juju is painted as bad boy over a proven head hunter.


Last edited by bam morris on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4698
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Not sure you can separate the announcers' narrative from the Shazier injury as easily as you seem to think, but we can just agree to disagree there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9099
I actually thought at the moment burfcit was done, his hand movements were exactly as stated above, mocking Shazier, and you know what, more you watch it more I stand by that, he was mocking and faking injury.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6337
GreekSteel wrote:
I actually thought at the moment burfcit was done, his hand movements were exactly as stated above, mocking Shazier, and you know what, more you watch it more I stand by that, he was mocking and faking injury.
It was clear to me he was faking it because he went after JuJu immediately and almost got up. Team mates and trainer were holding him down. He was most certainly mocking the shazier injury. At least trying to milk it for as much as he could. Slimy and classless.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
Ice wrote:
Not sure you can separate the announcers' narrative from the Shazier injury as easily as you seem to think, but we can just agree to disagree there.


The modern narrative goes back to the 2010 Cleveland Browns game where James took out their wildcat QB and their regular QB. It put the networks into their current their hypocritical position of why they paid billions of dollars to show a dangerous and violent sport on TV- while at the same time condemning the violence. The league had promotional materials of that hit before the backlash from the networks forced them to take it down. I don't think what the announcers said is any different than what anyone has said or will say about the nature of football since that game.

Until Shazier's injury, they could chalk this level of physicality as AFC North football where they play hard but everyone walks away- but that safety blanket was taken away. And because it happened so early in the game- it put a damper on the misguided "safety first" the league has tried to put into the game.And had this game happened on a Sunday at 1:00-it wouldn't have been quite the issue even with all the factors. League got embarrassed to a point and they do what they always do- overregulate.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9678
swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.


Shaz was Bengals and Ravens Best Interest, right Swiss? Can't fault anyone rooting for injury. :roll:

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
You seem to have ignored my qualifier, lit… Perhaps willfully?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9678
swissvale72 wrote:
You seem to have ignored my qualifier, lit… Perhaps willfully?


More likely just being lazy on my part. Long day.

I do see, upon rereading with actual care, that you have a "non-life-altering" clause.

I still don't like it.

And, yes, I derived great pleasure from Juju lighting up VB. But pleasure is not a judgment. It's an affective reaction.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7291
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You seem to have ignored my qualifier, lit… Perhaps willfully?


More likely just being lazy on my part. Long day.

I do see, upon rereading with actual care, that you have a "non-life-altering" clause.

I still don't like it.

And, yes, I derived great pleasure from Juju lighting up VB. But pleasure is not a judgment. It's an affective reaction.

So with you it's more or less a guilty pleasure? With me and some others, it's just what we do as fans


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9678
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
You seem to have ignored my qualifier, lit… Perhaps willfully?


More likely just being lazy on my part. Long day.

I do see, upon rereading with actual care, that you have a "non-life-altering" clause.

I still don't like it.

And, yes, I derived great pleasure from Juju lighting up VB. But pleasure is not a judgment. It's an affective reaction.

So with you it's more or less a guilty pleasure? With me and some others, it's just what we do as fans


I don't feel guilty about feeling pleased because I do not root for injuries and simultaneously think it is not fitting. I simply do not think it is fitting and I do not root for injuries. If my passions are not in direct agreement with my judgment, at least my judgment is the governing principle.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.


Swiss this is why we can't have nice things. You buried the "qualifier" in basically an open-faced shit sammich. Well, at least you got my nickname right. Cheering for injuries is a classless and pussified way of avoiding your problems. The bully needs to be taken down and this team doesn't need someone to "Nancy Kerrigan" Brady or Gronk to make it happen. It needs to go into the game like it played the second half of Bengals game. I promise you that Patriots defense isn't as good as the Bengals defense and that's saying a lot. And if our defense can just hold serve we should win- no need to root for injuries.

And to date, this team has done horribly against backups and sub-ins in big games (Brady being the first of those, ironically). I do not root for injuries- if they happen in the course of the game- it happens. In my opinion, you should be lighting a candle, or saying a little prayer for the health of our team- not delving into the dark arts of wishing harm on others. The people I hear cheering for injuries are fans like the Browns, Philly, Oakland aka hobo teams with meth-head fans that don't have anything usually to cheer for.They wish for anything to get a win- something to go their way and usually it doesn't. We are not those fans and the Steelers aren't those teams- they can win a game or the Superbowl doing their own dirty work.

If Brady came down with legionnaires disease it would be karma. Considering its a filth and smoker's related illness and he's a self-avowed health nut and clean freak. But even then I want him on the field because let's face it- he can't get sacked in the owner's box or in the hospital.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group