It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:54 pm 

treat88 wrote:
IMO, far more egregious example of an illegal "crackback" block than anything JuJu did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESc8kMMK-E

No suspension.

The whole league response is centered around the taunting, the Steelers/Bungles dynamic, the fact it was Burfict, and the Monday night publicity.

At this point I think the league should be calling penalties on guys who put themselves in defenseless positions. Should be the players responsibility to protect themselves and the fault should lie with them when they dont.

or, how 'bout this for a novel idea: butt out and let them play...

It is football, for cripes sake!
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:59 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Without the announcers and the Shazier injury, we wouldn't be talking about ANY suspensions from that game. In fact, we wouldn't be talking about it at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 pm 

Ice wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Without the announcers and the Shazier injury, we wouldn't be talking about ANY suspensions from that game. In fact, we wouldn't be talking about it at all.

Without Shazier's injury no we wouldn't. The talk was going to be there regardless because that's sports journalism/promotion these days. Chew on the talking points until the promotion of Thursday nights game kicks in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:18 pm 

I know nothing cept what I watched...the juju suspension is bull shit.. most agree..heres a hunch of mine..burkift got lit up..by a wideout. hurt his pride. embarrassed. most likely knocked wind out of him a minite. but the hit to head was insignificant and he gets harder ones every game. I think the guy was faking serious injury. was resting and quite possibly mocking shaziers attention in his sick asshole mind! why he jumped off board after hes off field.. dude was mocking!
concussion protocal ? anyone can fake a concussion.. I'm angry our comeback win over coming adversity isn't the topic and juju is painted as bad boy over a proven head hunter.

Last edited by bam morris on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:18 pm 

Not sure you can separate the announcers' narrative from the Shazier injury as easily as you seem to think, but we can just agree to disagree there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 pm 

I actually thought at the moment burfcit was done, his hand movements were exactly as stated above, mocking Shazier, and you know what, more you watch it more I stand by that, he was mocking and faking injury.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
I actually thought at the moment burfcit was done, his hand movements were exactly as stated above, mocking Shazier, and you know what, more you watch it more I stand by that, he was mocking and faking injury.
It was clear to me he was faking it because he went after JuJu immediately and almost got up. Team mates and trainer were holding him down. He was most certainly mocking the shazier injury. At least trying to milk it for as much as he could. Slimy and classless.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:47 pm 

Ice wrote:
Not sure you can separate the announcers' narrative from the Shazier injury as easily as you seem to think, but we can just agree to disagree there.

The modern narrative goes back to the 2010 Cleveland Browns game where James took out their wildcat QB and their regular QB. It put the networks into their current their hypocritical position of why they paid billions of dollars to show a dangerous and violent sport on TV- while at the same time condemning the violence. The league had promotional materials of that hit before the backlash from the networks forced them to take it down. I don't think what the announcers said is any different than what anyone has said or will say about the nature of football since that game.

Until Shazier's injury, they could chalk this level of physicality as AFC North football where they play hard but everyone walks away- but that safety blanket was taken away. And because it happened so early in the game- it put a damper on the misguided "safety first" the league has tried to put into the game.And had this game happened on a Sunday at 1:00-it wouldn't have been quite the issue even with all the factors. League got embarrassed to a point and they do what they always do- overregulate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:50 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.

Shaz was Bengals and Ravens Best Interest, right Swiss? Can't fault anyone rooting for injury. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next