It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:31 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP39 wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Legal or not, this is about pouring ice water on the steelers - bengals "rivalry." Why they call it a rivalry, I don't know.

It also quietly exonerates Burfucked and says "See, he gets his fair share of illegal hits, therefore he's not dirty, or he's not the only dirty player in the NFL, so don't single him out. " Espn was trying to polish his image all night.

But equating JuJu's hit and resulting "injury" with Shazier is mind boggling. He was faking, imo.

Like it or not guys, the NFL and ESPN is trying to make Burfict the new Ray Lewis. Ethically and logically it never made sense why the NFL made Ray Lewis their poster boy like they did. But, from a marketing standpoint, it sell/makes money. It's the old good guy vs. bad guy plan. The NFL/ESPN is now using Burfict to get ratings.

Yup: that's how they sell movies too. Lots of people want to see the villain just as much as the good guys

30-for-30 getting to be just another crime show...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 pm 

I hope juju lays him out again next time they meet. 6 inches lower with the helmet and they can’t flag that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:54 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
What is it with this fascination with glorifying the criminal element of the NFL.

Ray Lewis...Vontaze Burfict...Pac Man Jones.

Why do they get any love?

It's the end times, bro...

2 Timothy 3 wrote:

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Isaiah 5 wrote:
20 ¶ Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:11 pm 

JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 pm 

I thought religion, as well as politics, was a no no?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:16 pm 

George Iloka's suspension just reduced to a fine.
What a joke!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:17 pm 

TB wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
TB wrote:
Can’t blame the NFL for taking action. Last night was bad for the game and the game's future, and these bloodbath games with the Bengals have to end. Is it unfair? Yeah, probably. Is it consistent? Hell no. But given the circumstances, this is completely justified. Juju’s hit by rule was illegal. 100%. No gray area unless you just want to be biased and wrong. And the taunting on top of it and with Burfict then being hauled off on a cart, as the rest of the world wondered if Ryan Shazier would walk again, was out of place. I was disappointed overall in how chippy the game was after Shazier went down, but proud of their resilience in finding a way to win.

1. Wasn’t crackback.

2. Principal contact was chest. H2H coincidental.

3. How was that 100% illegal?

4. Two hits — hardly a bloodbath. You bought into the narrative without factual support.

By rule, Burfict was in a defenseless posture and contact to the head or neck area occurred. It doesn’t matter if it was the crown of the helmet, forearm, shoulder, or even if the initial contact started below the head or neck area. By rule, it was 100% a penalty. You’re wrong.

Dude, I say you're wrong.
There's plenty of evidence to back my side of that argument as well.
You can keep going on and on in an internet message board thread if you want to...

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:37 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

NOPE. If you don't like it don't read it- or so I was told.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:40 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Which religion is that, pray tell??

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:48 pm 

IMO, far more egregious example of an illegal "crackback" block than anything JuJu did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESc8kMMK-E

No suspension.

The whole league response is centered around the taunting, the Steelers/Bungles dynamic, the fact it was Burfict, and the Monday night publicity.

At this point I think the league should be calling penalties on guys who put themselves in defenseless positions. Should be the players responsibility to protect themselves and the fault should lie with them when they dont.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next