It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: JuJu Suspended
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:59 pm 

You seem to have ignored my qualifier, lit… Perhaps willfully?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

More likely just being lazy on my part. Long day.

I do see, upon rereading with actual care, that you have a "non-life-altering" clause.

I still don't like it.

And, yes, I derived great pleasure from Juju lighting up VB. But pleasure is not a judgment. It's an affective reaction.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I do see, upon rereading with actual care, that you have a "non-life-altering" clause.

I still don't like it.

And, yes, I derived great pleasure from Juju lighting up VB. But pleasure is not a judgment. It's an affective reaction.

So with you it's more or less a guilty pleasure? With me and some others, it's just what we do as fans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I still don't like it.

So with you it's more or less a guilty pleasure? With me and some others, it's just what we do as fans

I don't feel guilty about feeling pleased because I do not root for injuries and simultaneously think it is not fitting. I simply do not think it is fitting and I do not root for injuries. If my passions are not in direct agreement with my judgment, at least my judgment is the governing principle.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.

Swiss this is why we can't have nice things. You buried the "qualifier" in basically an open-faced shit sammich. Well, at least you got my nickname right. Cheering for injuries is a classless and pussified way of avoiding your problems. The bully needs to be taken down and this team doesn't need someone to "Nancy Kerrigan" Brady or Gronk to make it happen. It needs to go into the game like it played the second half of Bengals game. I promise you that Patriots defense isn't as good as the Bengals defense and that's saying a lot. And if our defense can just hold serve we should win- no need to root for injuries.

And to date, this team has done horribly against backups and sub-ins in big games (Brady being the first of those, ironically). I do not root for injuries- if they happen in the course of the game- it happens. In my opinion, you should be lighting a candle, or saying a little prayer for the health of our team- not delving into the dark arts of wishing harm on others. The people I hear cheering for injuries are fans like the Browns, Philly, Oakland aka hobo teams with meth-head fans that don't have anything usually to cheer for.They wish for anything to get a win- something to go their way and usually it doesn't. We are not those fans and the Steelers aren't those teams- they can win a game or the Superbowl doing their own dirty work.

If Brady came down with legionnaires disease it would be karma. Considering its a filth and smoker's related illness and he's a self-avowed health nut and clean freak. But even then I want him on the field because let's face it- he can't get sacked in the owner's box or in the hospital.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
JuJu is a mafia initiate. The fastest route to being a "made man" is to serve time. When he returns and is on the injury report with a hand injury- you will know why. He was the perfect guy to do it too- a genuinely nice smart kid just doing his job- very well. Speaking of "KIDS"-Sidney Crosby is 30 he's got 1 or 2 years and that kid monicker will be more of an insult. Because clearly, he has been the Man. The only stat keeping him from that is his PBR (playoff beard rating). He should pass it along to a guy (if he could skate) would make a pretty good defenseman. Just kept thinking if that hit was on ice- whoa!

The hockey reference made me think how far the violent sports have come. The leagues have taken the physicality out of the games to the point that when you actually get to see it- its refreshing. It's like having regular pan-fried bacon after having microwaved turkey bacon for 5 years- you want more pan fried.

And I am surprised that Bell didn't get fined. I mean the double beat down he put on Kirkpatrick could have been classified as 2nd-degree assault. The one in the first half reminded me of what AP did to Gay the last time the Vikings were in Heinz (before this year).

The problem with this whole extra physicality debate (the pan fried homemade bacon if you will) is Shazier's injury is there reminding us of two things- 1 humans are finite, fragile beings. 2 one should never wish harm on anyone regardless of the team and stakes- least karma comes visiting.

I got into a coffee groove maybe I should have put this post in the "Free Thought" aka the Beatnix Football Jazz thread.

Please forgive typos or nonsensical's in this response as it is voice to text as I travel back from my Humble abode in Prince Edward Island. As in unabashed practitioner of rooting for injuries, with every intention of continuing to do so, despite the admonitions of my colleague Veritas as well as others, I am taking the opportunity to examine this practice within the concept of karma. The Pittsburgh Steelers are currently sporting T-shirts with the word karma illustrating our hero juju Smith – Schuster standing over the Villinous bully Vontaze Burfict. I am suggesting that we label the Steelers karma as actionable, meaning they are in the position to fuck up the dude who has fucked up a number of them. Similarly, the Buffalo Bills, on Christmas eve in Foxboro will be In the position to exact actionable karma on the assaultive oaf Rob gronkowski. Conversely, the Ellen tensions conveyed by an aging fat guy from Swissvale, now living in New Hampshire, or by the self described well hung black Republican there a test, whereabouts unknown, Can have no such iill effect. Therefore, I will continue to read for injuries, non-life-threatening, non-life altering, with a clear conscience. Also, I am calling bullshit on the disingenuous self righteousness of so many of my fellow esteemed posters. Many of you, true to your word neither route for injury nor applied it. I know for a fact however that many of you while contending that you do not route for injury, nevertheless applauded the Carson Palmer Injury, the Rodney Harrison broken fucking leg in what was arguably Cedric Wilson's most important contribution as a Pittsburgh Steeler, in which certainly the light if Tom Brady came down with legionnaires disease next week and was unable to play during the patriots visit the Heinz Field.

Swiss this is why we can't have nice things. You buried the "qualifier" in basically an open-faced shit sammich. Well, at least you got my nickname right. Cheering for injuries is a classless and pussified way of avoiding your problems. The bully needs to be taken down and this team doesn't need someone to "Nancy Kerrigan" Brady or Gronk to make it happen. It needs to go into the game like it played the second half of Bengals game. I promise you that Patriots defense isn't as good as the Bengals defense and that's saying a lot. And if our defense can just hold serve we should win- no need to root for injuries.

And to date, this team has done horribly against backups and sub-ins in big games (Brady being the first of those, ironically). I do not root for injuries- if they happen in the course of the game- it happens. In my opinion, you should be lighting a candle, or saying a little prayer for the health of our team- not delving into the dark arts of wishing harm on others. The people I hear cheering for injuries are fans like the Browns, Philly, Oakland aka hobo teams with meth-head fans that don't have anything usually to cheer for.They wish for anything to get a win- something to go their way and usually it doesn't. We are not those fans and the Steelers aren't those teams- they can win a game or the Superbowl doing their own dirty work.

If Brady came down with legionnaires disease it would be karma. Considering its a filth and smoker's related illness and he's a self-avowed health nut and clean freak. But even then I want him on the field because let's face it- he can't get sacked in the owner's box or in the hospital.

Last I checked, Veritas....the efforts of Tonya Harding notwithstanding, there's no injury reports filed for Figure Skating. In football, there's an injury report filed every week, injuries are part of the game, there's always a qualifier of remaining healthy when assessing a team's chances to advance in the playoffs. Going into the game against the Patriots, Steelers will likely be without Ryan Shazier, Joe Haden, Marcus Gilbert....the best in their respective groupings. Yes, Patriots are without Cortney Upshaw. Call it what you will, sit up on your high horse all you want, rail against things that are supposedly beneath us incessantly, with rooting for the competitive advantage that injuries to the opponent provides for us.

Perhaps this doesn't apply to you, but if the posters herein were being honest, my guess is that most of them were at least somewhat pleased with the Carson Palmer injury, with the Rodney Harrison/Matt Light dual injuries in '05, with Brady being out for the entirety of the '08 season.....giving rise to Father George's Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirts. Some may argue that while they may have smiled when these injuries occurred, they did not wish them to happen, as though somehow that's less objectionable.

I want my team to win, Veritas. If...non life-threatening, non life-altering injuries will help them do so, that's where I'm going. Hell....a number of posters when Tedy Bruschi was returning to action from his stroke, were wishing another stroke on the dude. I didn't do that.

But whatever....take the high and mighty route, Veritas. Me? If the Steelers could face the Patriots in the playoffs minus Tom Brady under center for the Belichickians....I'm signing up for that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:47 pm 

you guys are funny..injuries part of game.there will be injuries weather I cheer my ass off or cry..
.i hope all our opponents best players are hurt when steelers face them..and I hope our guys are healthy.. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:59 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:

Shame on you and your Ellen tensions.

I don't root for injuries to opponents' star players. Neither do I feel bad when they happen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm 

I've said for a while, the NFL chooses its penalties not based on the infraction but on the level of hue and cry about the infraction.

Egregious infraction + small/no media outcry = small penalty

Small infraction + big media outcry = big penalty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:

Shame on you and your Ellen tensions.

I don't root for injuries to opponents' star players. Neither do I feel bad when they happen.

Hahaha! Thanks for pointing that out, Poltargyst!! It's one of those nonsensicals to which I was referring in the opening sentence. Bound to have a few of those with such a long voice-to-text.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next