It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:15 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Patriots. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I've said, repeatedly, incessantly, ad infinitum, ad fuckin' nasuseum, that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in a game of real consequence.

Regular season games are games of real consequence. Do you not think Belichick and the Patriots are going to try their all to beat us? Do you not think they would rather host the AFCCG than travel for it? If you mean that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in the playoffs, why not just say so?

And I disagree that there is some fundamental law of the universe that states that Tomlin could never beat Belichick in the playoffs, although you didn't say "could" you said "will" so I guess we'll see.

Yes, perhaps I should have said Ultimate Consequence, or more coarsely, Win or Go the Fuck Home Consequence. Of course, the Steelers would rather host the AFCCG (see Old School's condition of Ben as player coach above), but all will be left wanting (players, coaches, mgmt, fanbase) if Steelers fall to Patriots in the playoffs yet again.

I hope Old School's onto something; I really do. And despite my reservations, and as I've stated previously, I will undoubtedly be believing once again should the Steelers and Patriots meet in January, regardless of locale, but particularly if Steelers prevail in the prelim two weeks hence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm 

Chidi Iwuoma wrote:
thought i was imagining things on that first FG attempt, apparently not

it's such a fuckin' drag to play the Bengals these days and wonder which of our players are going to get cheap-shotted

can't imagine how the players feel about it, or the coach for that matter

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/130 ... injure-him

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:

it's such a fuckin' drag to play the Bengals these days and wonder which of our players are going to get cheap-shotted

There was no doubt in my mind it was an attempt to destroy our kicking game. This game was a PR fail of epic proportions. The collective intelligence of the league front office couldn't fill a thimble. Brain damage fears, thuggery, kneeling issue, falling attendance and viewership and they let this happen. Are they purposely trying to destroy their image? The two stooges' talking points and comments glorifying that thug faker is further evidence of the cognitive dissonance. All except Ryan was avoidable with controls. Goodell and the owners that prop him up are appeasing the wrong factions and misdirected appeasement never works out well. There's a much better way to navigate these waters.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:05 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:

Quote:
"It's not an accident at all," said Boswell, who was named the AFC's special teams player of the week. "If you look in the NFL for the last two years, multiple teams have done it just to try to… either if it's running into, blocking the kick, doing something. But Seattle did it last year against the Bills, Ravens did it against us last year — and now Cincinnati."
It's not just a bengals being dirty thing.

Slimy move for sure, but it's the same as proctology exams in the pile and testicle shots.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Patriots. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I've said, repeatedly, incessantly, ad infinitum, ad fuckin' nasuseum, that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in a game of real consequence.

Regular season games are games of real consequence. Do you not think Belichick and the Patriots are going to try their all to beat us? Do you not think they would rather host the AFCCG than travel for it? If you mean that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in the playoffs, why not just say so?

And I disagree that there is some fundamental law of the universe that states that Tomlin could never beat Belichick in the playoffs, although you didn't say "could" you said "will" so I guess we'll see.

Yes, perhaps I should have said Ultimate Consequence, or more coarsely, Win or Go the Fuck Home Consequence. Of course, the Steelers would rather host the AFCCG (see Old School's condition of Ben as player coach above), but all will be left wanting (players, coaches, mgmt, fanbase) if Steelers fall to Patriots in the playoffs yet again.

I hope Old School's onto something; I really do. And despite my reservations, and as I've stated previously, I will undoubtedly be believing once again should the Steelers and Patriots meet in January, regardless of locale, but particularly if Steelers prevail in the prelim two weeks hence.

Tomlin should watch the Bum Phillips episode of A Football Life if he wants to know what it will feel like if he never beats Belichick in a playoff game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:52 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Chidi Iwuoma wrote:

I referenced this play and the one after AB's TD against the Rats last year in another thread. Bottom line is that something like this should have a different penalty that a simple offsides - I'm not sure what it should be but 5 yards means very little if the game is already effectively lost and your only chance is to injure the kicker.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:59 pm 

Looking like we may see McDonald this Sunday. http://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report.html

That's SBI...