It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6161
Thoughts continue to be with Ryan Shazier during his recovery. The news seems to be good and getting better regarding his recovery. Maybe there will be a return to the field in his future. More importantly, news seems to be in the direction of his being able to lead a normal life.

As for last night, contrary to some popular belief, I have no agenda, racial or otherwise (as suggested by Veritas Steel) against the Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I have thought, throughout his tenture, that his game-day decision-making is often not good, particularly around clock management, etc.

Last night, said it on other OPs, his primary skill, that of "an exceedingly well-developed line of bullshit," was on full display. As I've often stated, I don't use this phraseology pejoratively. Tomlin has a gift for knowing what and when to say to his men. Clearly, I don't know what he might have said when #50 went down with his injury, or on the sidelines or at halftime, but the dudes in Black & Gold battled back again. Tomlin possesses a gift that not many others have. I think we can recognize that while also acknowledging his weaknesses. That said, I'm also crediting Tomlin for wisely using this 2nd timeout after the 3rd down sack of Dalton with 2:50 remaining. It allowed him to use his full arsenal offensively, to run LBell, to throw to the middle of the field. He wasn't constricted by the clock. I do think that the challenge of the incomplete to Green was foolhardy; no way was that being overturned. Anyway, last night, Mike Tomlin's coaching cred was on display.

As for other points about last night's contest. John Gruden and that little fuckin' twerp Sean McDonough can kiss all of our asses collectively. Whether it was the glorification of perhaps the league's dirtiest player, or their overly dramatic critique of the officials, of 21-year old JuJu Smith-Schuster, or their bemoaning the fate of the game due to too much gratuitous violence, this was a game for turning off the sound, listing to a local broadcast or listening to nothing at all.

All Hail JuJu!! This kid could run for Mayor of Pittsburgh and win. His complete obliteration of Burfict was worth a penalty, even in that spot, if there ever was one. And I for one, and I'm thinking most of you, with Steelers down 7, and now facing a 2nd & 16, had very confidence that Steelers would pick up that first down.

Was anyone else a little worried about Boz after his kicking foot made contact with one of the Bungals when they were offside prior to the game-winner? That...and I usually don't buy into this shit, but I was seriously starting to think that the twin douchebags announcing the game were jinxing us.

Another war won with the Bungals. Another sad trip down the escalator for the Bungals faithful. You KNOW they KNEW it was going to happen. What a freakin' win!!

Going forward....only two games worth watching, worth a comment this week:
*Seahawks over Jags: This makes for a good lead-in to Steelers-Ravens on Sunday night. Let's root like hell for the Seahawks. One more Jaguars loss should result in some comfort that Steelers will nail down a 1st round bye.
*Dolphins over Patriots: Can't see it, and the outcome of this game will likely have little influence over the eventual seeding in the AFC.

Steelers need to win on Sunday night vs. Ravens. First off, it's the hated fuckin' Ravens, it's the swarmy fuck John Harbaugh (even though I think I make a compelling case of him being a better HC than Tomlin), it's Joe Fucco, it's Ray Lewis (even though he's in the broadcast booth. Beat the Ravens and Steelers clinch the AFC Norf, and likely gain a first round by regardless of the outcome against the Patriots.

Skipping a game, I'm worried about the Xmas day encounter in Houston. Steelers should win this one, but probably comes down to a last second Boswell field goal. Again, I'll rest much easier with a Sunday Night win this week, and I think we get it.

Patriots. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I've said, repeatedly, incessantly, ad infinitum, ad fuckin' nasuseum, that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in a game of real consequence. That game of consequence is NOT the one being played at Heinz Field on December 17. It's the one played somewhere on January 21. It sure would help, IMO to play that game at Heinz Field, but winning in Foxboro is not an impossibility. Again as stated earlier, Steelers win THAT game, and I'm jumping into the icy waters of the Atlantic, at the New Hampshire coastline, wearing my Black & Gold #36 (gave away my #7 to my South African nephew, who's doing a REAL good job pissing off his in-laws by having become a Steelers fan rather than Patriots). I'll video that shit, post it on this esteemed website.

One other thing. What's with ALL the fuckin' bedwetters on the game thread last night? I usually stay away from that shit. The pissing and moaning starts at the first snap. Haley sucks, Steelers won't score, I'm turning off this game. Seriously, some serious fuckin' chick-littleing going on there. If we know anything this year, it's too not count this fuckin' team out. Don't give a shit who we're playing, overcoming a 17-3 second half deficit on the road...TWICE...this year, takes some serious balls and fortitude.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8009
Great post Swiss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20553
Only game I’ve given up on this year was the Jax game...where it was reasonably clear that Ben just didn’t have it.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 721
Nice write up....I have given up on the game thread, used to read it during commercial breaks and halftime and chime in occasionally, but lately you are right, its a bitchfest from opening kick off til the end of game, which just proves most of us suffer through Steeler games instead of enjoying them. 19-3 in our last 22 is pretty damn impressive, one would think the tenor on the game board might be a little more joyful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6161
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Nice write up....I have given up on the game thread, used to read it during commercial breaks and halftime and chime in occasionally, but lately you are right, its a bitchfest from opening kick off til the end of game, which just proves most of us suffer through Steeler games instead of enjoying them. 19-3 in our last 22 is pretty damn impressive, one would think the tenor on the game board might be a little more joyful.


Thanks South....for some reason, I've been following it more, if not commenting.

And Jeems....as luck would have it, Jax game was the one I attended this year, with my son. It broke his perfect, 9-0 record at Steelers games. He was begging me to leave with a few minutes left. I wouldn't do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20553
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Nice write up....I have given up on the game thread, used to read it during commercial breaks and halftime and chime in occasionally, but lately you are right, its a bitchfest from opening kick off til the end of game, which just proves most of us suffer through Steeler games instead of enjoying them. 19-3 in our last 22 is pretty damn impressive, one would think the tenor on the game board might be a little more joyful.


Did you not like the roller coaster as a kid?

I love roller coaster rides...I live every second of those rides.

When you embrace the roller coaster, you’ll learn to see the artistry in the game threads.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm
Posts: 450
I just hope the NFL stops scheduling the Pitt/Bengal game on Primetime. It should've been the Pats game instead.
A. The Bengals are no competition for us.
B. Coach enabler Marvin Lewis and his desperate band of thugs love showing out and instigating violence under the lights (where they simply don't belong).

Their play is damaging our brand, because we have to protect ourselves, and we get drug down in the mud with them. Pathetic!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3596
Perfect post- nailed everything I thought

Quote:
Was anyone else a little worried about Boz after his kicking foot made contact with one of the Bungals when they were offside prior to the game-winner? .


I thought it was an intentionally dirty play- Boz could've really fucked up his ankle.

I think ST's coaches are now teaching that on FG's: to go offsides intentionally and "accidentally on purpose" run into the kicker in hopes of giving him an injury or give him the yips


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 520
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Perfect post- nailed everything I thought

Quote:
Was anyone else a little worried about Boz after his kicking foot made contact with one of the Bungals when they were offside prior to the game-winner? .


I thought it was an intentionally dirty play- Boz could've really fucked up his ankle.

I think ST's coaches are now teaching that on FG's: to go offsides intentionally and "accidentally on purpose" run into the kicker in hopes of giving him an injury or give him the yips

Seems as though there should be some sort of different penalty for the intentional offsides on a kick like that. I seem to remember that happening last year too in the Ravens game after we scored the winning TD. There really wasn't a downside for doing it - 5 yards didn't make a difference last year and the Bungles likely thought Boz was going to make the kick before the penalty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7585
swissvale72 wrote:
Thoughts continue to be with Ryan Shazier during his recovery. The news seems to be good and getting better regarding his recovery. Maybe there will be a return to the field in his future. More importantly, news seems to be in the direction of his being able to lead a normal life.

As for last night, contrary to some popular belief, I have no agenda, racial or otherwise (as suggested by Veritas Steel) against the Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I have thought, throughout his tenture, that his game-day decision-making is often not good, particularly around clock management, etc.

Last night, said it on other OPs, his primary skill, that of "an exceedingly well-developed line of bullshit," was on full display. As I've often stated, I don't use this phraseology pejoratively. Tomlin has a gift for knowing what and when to say to his men. Clearly, I don't know what he might have said when #50 went down with his injury, or on the sidelines or at halftime, but the dudes in Black & Gold battled back again. Tomlin possesses a gift that not many others have. I think we can recognize that while also acknowledging his weaknesses. That said, I'm also crediting Tomlin for wisely using this 2nd timeout after the 3rd down sack of Dalton with 2:50 remaining. It allowed him to use his full arsenal offensively, to run LBell, to throw to the middle of the field. He wasn't constricted by the clock. I do think that the challenge of the incomplete to Green was foolhardy; no way was that being overturned. Anyway, last night, Mike Tomlin's coaching cred was on display.

As for other points about last night's contest. John Gruden and that little fuckin' twerp Sean McDonough can kiss all of our asses collectively. Whether it was the glorification of perhaps the league's dirtiest player, or their overly dramatic critique of the officials, of 21-year old JuJu Smith-Schuster, or their bemoaning the fate of the game due to too much gratuitous violence, this was a game for turning off the sound, listing to a local broadcast or listening to nothing at all.

All Hail JuJu!! This kid could run for Mayor of Pittsburgh and win. His complete obliteration of Burfict was worth a penalty, even in that spot, if there ever was one. And I for one, and I'm thinking most of you, with Steelers down 7, and now facing a 2nd & 16, had very confidence that Steelers would pick up that first down.

Was anyone else a little worried about Boz after his kicking foot made contact with one of the Bungals when they were offside prior to the game-winner? That...and I usually don't buy into this shit, but I was seriously starting to think that the twin douchebags announcing the game were jinxing us.

Another war won with the Bungals. Another sad trip down the escalator for the Bungals faithful. You KNOW they KNEW it was going to happen. What a freakin' win!!

Going forward....only two games worth watching, worth a comment this week:
*Seahawks over Jags: This makes for a good lead-in to Steelers-Ravens on Sunday night. Let's root like hell for the Seahawks. One more Jaguars loss should result in some comfort that Steelers will nail down a 1st round bye.
*Dolphins over Patriots: Can't see it, and the outcome of this game will likely have little influence over the eventual seeding in the AFC.

Steelers need to win on Sunday night vs. Ravens. First off, it's the hated fuckin' Ravens, it's the swarmy fuck John Harbaugh (even though I think I make a compelling case of him being a better HC than Tomlin), it's Joe Fucco, it's Ray Lewis (even though he's in the broadcast booth. Beat the Ravens and Steelers clinch the AFC Norf, and likely gain a first round by regardless of the outcome against the Patriots.

Skipping a game, I'm worried about the Xmas day encounter in Houston. Steelers should win this one, but probably comes down to a last second Boswell field goal. Again, I'll rest much easier with a Sunday Night win this week, and I think we get it.

Patriots. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I've said, repeatedly, incessantly, ad infinitum, ad fuckin' nasuseum, that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in a game of real consequence. That game of consequence is NOT the one being played at Heinz Field on December 17. It's the one played somewhere on January 21. It sure would help, IMO to play that game at Heinz Field, but winning in Foxboro is not an impossibility. Again as stated earlier, Steelers win THAT game, and I'm jumping into the icy waters of the Atlantic, at the New Hampshire coastline, wearing my Black & Gold #36 (gave away my #7 to my South African nephew, who's doing a REAL good job pissing off his in-laws by having become a Steelers fan rather than Patriots). I'll video that shit, post it on this esteemed website.

One other thing. What's with ALL the fuckin' bedwetters on the game thread last night? I usually stay away from that shit. The pissing and moaning starts at the first snap. Haley sucks, Steelers won't score, I'm turning off this game. Seriously, some serious fuckin' chick-littleing going on there. If we know anything this year, it's too not count this fuckin' team out. Don't give a shit who we're playing, overcoming a 17-3 second half deficit on the road...TWICE...this year, takes some serious balls and fortitude.


Good stuff Swiss

I stay out of the game threads as it's a superstitious thing. I'll make a few comments at the half or so.

AMazing team win. and yes!!!

Image

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JackSplat58, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group