It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 14
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 pm 

thought i was imagining things on that first FG attempt, apparently not

it's such a fuckin' drag to play the Bengals these days and wonder which of our players are going to get cheap-shotted

can't imagine how the players feel about it, or the coach for that matter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Patriots. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I've said, repeatedly, incessantly, ad infinitum, ad fuckin' nasuseum, that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in a game of real consequence.

Regular season games are games of real consequence. Do you not think Belichick and the Patriots are going to try their all to beat us? Do you not think they would rather host the AFCCG than travel for it? If you mean that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in the playoffs, why not just say so?

And I disagree that there is some fundamental law of the universe that states that Tomlin could never beat Belichick in the playoffs, although you didn't say "could" you said "will" so I guess we'll see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:10 pm 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Nice write up....I have given up on the game thread, used to read it during commercial breaks and halftime and chime in occasionally, but lately you are right, its a bitchfest from opening kick off til the end of game, which just proves most of us suffer through Steeler games instead of enjoying them. 19-3 in our last 22 is pretty damn impressive, one would think the tenor on the game board might be a little more joyful.

You'd think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:12 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Nice write up....I have given up on the game thread, used to read it during commercial breaks and halftime and chime in occasionally, but lately you are right, its a bitchfest from opening kick off til the end of game, which just proves most of us suffer through Steeler games instead of enjoying them. 19-3 in our last 22 is pretty damn impressive, one would think the tenor on the game board might be a little more joyful.

Did you not like the roller coaster as a kid?

I love roller coaster rides...I live every second of those rides.

When you embrace the roller coaster, you’ll learn to see the artistry in the game threads.

Interesting. Please expand on this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
StillerDownSouth wrote:

You'd think.

Lmao. "Yay steelers are down 17-0..hip hip HOORAY!"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:03 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Patriots. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I've said, repeatedly, incessantly, ad infinitum, ad fuckin' nasuseum, that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in a game of real consequence.

Regular season games are games of real consequence. Do you not think Belichick and the Patriots are going to try their all to beat us? Do you not think they would rather host the AFCCG than travel for it? If you mean that Tomlin will never beat Belichick in the playoffs, why not just say so?

And I disagree that there is some fundamental law of the universe that states that Tomlin could never beat Belichick in the playoffs, although you didn't say "could" you said "will" so I guess we'll see.

Something has to change and something has. Tomlin is ready. He bought time with lexicon until he figured it. Belichek has stymied our offense since Kordell. Initially cheating Bill knew what we were going to run, he simply reacted to our offense and that strategy has evolved through technology & savant Ernie. They're always ready for us, always positioned. Recently their reaction has been a chess match between Haley and the Patriot machine and until you change the dynamic the outcome won't change. With Ben as player coach we elevate the process, Ben will be reacting to NE, running plays that will work based on what he sees or thinks he sees. The pendulum will swing, we'll be hunting them. Ben has the OL & weapons to beat them one play at a time, one first down at a time. Patience, brains, great throws; Ben is ready. He will make mistakes but he'll also beat them often enough to score points. I believe he can break them. Ben and the offense will be so dialed in and so engaged they won't let up.

Tomlin has figured this out, he's made it happen. His brash comment to Dungy takes on different meaning wearing these glasses. The pressure is on Ben and he's ready. It's time for Ben to get his just due.

To get there we must have home field so we must beat Balt Sunday and then break NE. Let them know it's over. That might set them up for getting beat in the post season before they get a rematch. Ben can't be player coach in a hostile away game. On the D side, with points on their backs they'll play their asses off and with Sutton and Haden we can go man.

Player coach Ben runs his offense, beats NE and wins SB he'll play another season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:21 am 

As always Swiss great write up. Hope like hell you get the chance to post a video of you polar bearing and laughing your ass off the whole time.

What a game last night. A lot to overcome it I did have a wtf scream moment when Tomlin three his challenge flag. Just an epic fail yet again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:25 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Something has to change and something has. Tomlin is ready. He bought time with lexicon until he figured it. Belichek has stymied our offense since Kordell. Initially cheating Bill knew what we were going to run, he simply reacted to our offense and that strategy has evolved through technology & savant Ernie. They're always ready for us, always positioned. Recently their reaction has been a chess match between Haley and the Patriot machine and until you change the dynamic the outcome won't change. With Ben as player coach we elevate the process, Ben will be reacting to NE, running plays that will work based on what he sees or thinks he sees. The pendulum will swing, we'll be hunting them. Ben has the OL & weapons to beat them one play at a time, one first down at a time. Patience, brains, great throws; Ben is ready. He will make mistakes but he'll also beat them often enough to score points. I believe he can break them. Ben and the offense will be so dialed in and so engaged they won't let up.

Tomlin has figured this out, he's made it happen. His brash comment to Dungy takes on different meaning wearing these glasses. The pressure is on Ben and he's ready. It's time for Ben to get his just due.

To get there we must have home field so we must beat Balt Sunday and then break NE. Let them know it's over. That might set them up for getting beat in the post season before they get a rematch. Ben can't be player coach in a hostile away game. On the D side, with points on their backs they'll play their asses off and with Sutton and Haden we can go man.

Player coach Ben runs his offense, beats NE and wins SB he'll play another season.

I like it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:27 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
StillerDownSouth wrote:

You'd think.

Lmao. "Yay steelers are down 17-0..hip hip HOORAY!"

Well, maintaining some faith in the team wouldn't hurt especially since it was only the first half. Maybe we don't have to celebrate being down 17, but maybe we don't have to declare the season over either.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 am 

I forgot where or who mentioned Fitchner moving down to the sidelines.

Lest we forget, Haley went UP to the box at the beginning of the year....so maybe Fitchner just got sick of him :lol: