It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:56 pm 

Of course, Ben also missed a wide open Jerald Hawkins down the seam on the first drive :lol:
https://twitter.com/AccidentalZen/status/938076826907193345

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Except the interception, of course. Seemed like a bone headed throw at the time.

He either didn't account for Jones or didn't think he could slide over and undercut the route so fast...if he had the normal zip on that throw that he usually does, it wouldn't have been picked.

It happens.

I thought that ball was complete at first. It's gonna happen with throws into tight windows. Best example ever....Ben thought his SB-winning pass to Santonio was going to be picked. Best description I heard of that was next day by Jim Rome..."Ben has the arm...and the stones....to make that throw."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:02 pm 

I don’t think on the interception that it was a bad throw or poor decision. I think if anything, Ben was a tad late. The receiver was open...the Pac-Man made a great play.

I’m watching the game replay on NFLN right now. Just saw the Lafell catch...B2B is correct. By the time he controlled the ball, foot was OOBs. Wasn’t even close.

And on the hold on Watt that negated the TD, Bernard actually held him twice. Bear hugged Watt on his initial move, then grabbed his jersey as he broke free. Definitely impacted the play.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:10 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
He came back RIGHT AFTER THE INT and threw against his body into an impossible window to hit AB. #noconscience

For as "non-Ben" as his arm was the first half of the year, he's thrown the ball as well as he ever has the past 3-4 games. Hope it continues (he pretty much threw that way ALL of 2014 and 2015).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:12 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
I don’t think on the interception that it was a bad throw or poor decision.

It would have been one hell of a throw into that window moving forward and to his left. I think that's what makes it a bad decision - impossible throw, IMO.

Maybe if he wasn't a little late, but that's splitting hairs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm 

He was late after he had to avoid a rusher in his face... too much faith in his arm at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:49 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Except the interception, of course. Seemed like a bone headed throw at the time.

He either didn't account for Jones or didn't think he could slide over and undercut the route so fast...if he had the normal zip on that throw that he usually does, it wouldn't have been picked.

It happens.
They showed an all 22 view right after, and it looked like three defenders were closing in on the passing lane. Guy wasn't open at all, and if he was, it was for a nanosecond. I could be wrong, but at the time it looked ill advised.

But overall, BR's play was stellar.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 pm 

Ben is the first player coach since Landry had Dan Reeves doing it couple decades ago. Without Tomlin this never would have happened and because of Tomlin allowing Ben to be a player coach running the offense he wants we have a shot to finally kick New England's ass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm 

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on one of the two people referenced
I will admit that I noticed several games back that the HC does appear to be learning some lessons and actually experimenting this year with alternative philosophies. We shall see what happens when faced with an opponent that has talent and excellent coaching. I freely admit there are only a few of those teams

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
He came back RIGHT AFTER THE INT and threw against his body into an impossible window to hit AB. #noconscience

The dude is fearless and does not care about protecting his stats (ala Dalton throwing it OOB on fourth down earlier in the year against the Steelers). He’ll go down swinging or fight long enough to hit a knockout blow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next