It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:14 pm 

It was one of those plays that it would be very difficult to determine the exact moment he had possession of the ball. That would have been subjective. Precisely the calls that should stand as called on he field, and precisely the calls the officials get out the protractor and fuck up!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
By the way, two more thoughts:

1. the throws Ben made on the would be TD AB dropped and especially on the DPI deep ball before the half were as good as he's ever thrown the deep ball, so I think we can ditch that "why can't Ben hit the deep ball any more???" meme.

2. the Lafell catch of the Bengals lone scoring drive in H2 was a blown call-- he was nowhere near inbounds.

Post the vid, B2B...I think he was in....was shown repeatedly.

His first foot was down when the ball arrived, but he didn't possess it clearly right away. By the time his second foot was down he had control. third foot oob.

I think this play would have been overturned with a challenge.

This is exactly how I saw it live and during the replays, Lifelong. I would have challenged it (from my view, anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:18 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

1. the throws Ben made on the would be TD AB dropped and especially on the DPI deep ball before the half were as good as he's ever thrown the deep ball, so I think we can ditch that "why can't Ben hit the deep ball any more???" meme.

2. the Lafell catch of the Bengals lone scoring drive in H2 was a blown call-- he was nowhere near inbounds.

Are we to slow the thing down frame by frame so as to detect the almost imperceptible wobble of the ball as his feet went out of bounds, B2B?

This is what we bitch about replay for.

LaFell made a great catch, and got two feet down in bounds. No way was replay anywhere near conclusive enough to say the officials “blew the call”.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

b2b, I agree with both points. That pass to Brown was a thing of beauty....said so as it happened. Great play by the DB to get a finger on it and pop it out last second. I know I've given Ben some shit on this site this year, but I always stated why....he wasn't playing up to his potential imo. He has really turned it on the last few games. Not sure what the turning point was for him, but the switch is definitely on now. Let's hope it grows from here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:28 pm 

FWIW, 7-8 of Ben's picks have come on 3rd down (and he's had bad luck on 6-7 picks...not sure what the overlap is).

I bet if you dig a bit deeper, a lot of those picks have come between the 30's. So the guy is taking risks on 3rd down where a turnover hurts you the least. He did have a narrow window on that pick last night, and I'm sure he thought he could rifle it in there. Didn't seem like he got much on it, and so it looks [is] a really bad pick....but a play we've seen him make countless times.

We've all bitched when he throws it away or short of the sticks and they punt. I'm not sure how you bring down the INT's without also punting more as a result, but I think the OC and other 10 guys play a role in the solution, as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:35 pm 

I also think those hits Ben took last night may have woken up his inner bear.....don't poke the bear. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 pm 

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

b2b, I agree with both points. That pass to Brown was a thing of beauty....said so as it happened. Great play by the DB to get a finger on it and pop it out last second. I know I've given Ben some shit on this site this year, but I always stated why....he wasn't playing up to his potential imo. He has really turned it on the last few games. Not sure what the turning point was for him, but the switch is definitely on now. Let's hope it grows from here.

Ben had a NUMBER of balls that he squeezed through MINUSCULE windows in the middle of the field - throws that I think he used to struggle with.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:49 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Ben had a NUMBER of balls that he squeezed through MINUSCULE windows in the middle of the field - throws that I think he used to struggle with.
Except the interception, of course. Seemed like a bone headed throw at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Except the interception, of course. Seemed like a bone headed throw at the time.

He either didn't account for Jones or didn't think he could slide over and undercut the route so fast...if he had the normal zip on that throw that he usually does, it wouldn't have been picked.

It happens.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:55 pm 

He came back RIGHT AFTER THE INT and threw against his body into an impossible window to hit AB. #noconscience

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next