It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16307
He was late after he had to avoid a rusher in his face... too much faith in his arm at that point.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6322
Jeemie wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Except the interception, of course. Seemed like a bone headed throw at the time.


He either didn't account for Jones or didn't think he could slide over and undercut the route so fast...if he had the normal zip on that throw that he usually does, it wouldn't have been picked.

It happens.
They showed an all 22 view right after, and it looked like three defenders were closing in on the passing lane. Guy wasn't open at all, and if he was, it was for a nanosecond. I could be wrong, but at the time it looked ill advised.

But overall, BR's play was stellar.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1609
Ben is the first player coach since Landry had Dan Reeves doing it couple decades ago. Without Tomlin this never would have happened and because of Tomlin allowing Ben to be a player coach running the offense he wants we have a shot to finally kick New England's ass


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2130
I agree wholeheartedly with your comments on one of the two people referenced
I will admit that I noticed several games back that the HC does appear to be learning some lessons and actually experimenting this year with alternative philosophies. We shall see what happens when faced with an opponent that has talent and excellent coaching. I freely admit there are only a few of those teams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3982
bradshaw2ben wrote:
He came back RIGHT AFTER THE INT and threw against his body into an impossible window to hit AB. #noconscience


The dude is fearless and does not care about protecting his stats (ala Dalton throwing it OOB on fourth down earlier in the year against the Steelers). He’ll go down swinging or fight long enough to hit a knockout blow.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
I’m not getting the Fichtner reference. Are we saying he’s the de facto OC right now?

Something going on of which I’m not aware?

Just that he moved from the box to the sideline coincidentally with the uptick in Ben's/offense's performance.


Aha, some more oversight!!! Always better to have another set of eyes to see the path to the hole 8-)

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 pm
Posts: 232
R S wrote:
It was one of those plays that it would be very difficult to determine the exact moment he had possession of the ball. That would have been subjective. Precisely the calls that should stand as called on he field, and precisely the calls the officials get out the protractor and fuck up!


The ball hits both hands, and essentially bounces off them, and is finally secured. I mean it's what happens in a slow motion catch in some cases. I believe they consider that control... the ball is moving, but you've "caught" it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 682
TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
He came back RIGHT AFTER THE INT and threw against his body into an impossible window to hit AB. #noconscience


The dude is fearless and does not care about protecting his stats (ala Dalton throwing it OOB on fourth down earlier in the year against the Steelers). He’ll go down swinging or fight long enough to hit a knockout blow.

This - I can't think of another QB who cares less about stats than Ben. All that matters to him is winning, numbers be damned.

People still talk about how bad his numbers were on SB XL but he ran in one TD and made that amazing throw to Hines where he stopped at the LOS and went backwards to make sure the pass was legal. His passing numbers were not pretty but he still willed us to the win (and after leading the team with 2 great passing performances in Indy & Denver).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9669
Stillerz Bar wrote:
TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
He came back RIGHT AFTER THE INT and threw against his body into an impossible window to hit AB. #noconscience


The dude is fearless and does not care about protecting his stats (ala Dalton throwing it OOB on fourth down earlier in the year against the Steelers). He’ll go down swinging or fight long enough to hit a knockout blow.

This - I can't think of another QB who cares less about stats than Ben. All that matters to him is winning, numbers be damned.

People still talk about how bad his numbers were on SB XL but he ran in one TD and made that amazing throw to Hines where he stopped at the LOS and went backwards to make sure the pass was legal. His passing numbers were not pretty but he still willed us to the win (and after leading the team with 2 great passing performances in Indy & Denver).


To be fair, fellas, is there really a QB out there that cares more about (protecting) stats than winning?

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FWIW: Postgame Free Thought Project
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4421
Still Lit wrote:

To be fair, fellas, is there really a QB out there that cares more about (protecting) stats than winning?


There were always rumblings that Rob Johnson from the Bills would refuse to throw the ball away and take a sack because it would hurt his QB Rating and future $$$ earnings


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group