It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sean Spence
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:19 pm 

They need a LB for STs to replace Matakevich.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm 

The homer in me would love to see him come back here, even if its for spot/mop-up duty.
Dude had one of the worst breaks for a rookie you can possibly conjure with the multiple ligament tears and still came all the way back to be a decent role player.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:10 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
DP39 wrote:
I watched Spence play some this year and other than a forth string back up, I don't think he'd add much really. The Watt, Fort, or possibly Timmons (although watched him in Miami some too and he's lost a bit or is dogging it because he's not happy) might be the best choices. Still holding hope that Ryan can return soon. Not sure about Dirty Red, his injury looked like it could be a while.

They have to add AT LEAST 1 LB at this point. Spence is as good a candidate as anyone

Don't get me wrong DB, I like Spence and wouldn't mind seeing him reunited with the Steelers, I was just trying let folks know - that haven't seen him play this year - that he's not close to what he was before. That's why he's not on a roster now. I don't know who else is out there though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:40 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
They need a LB for STs to replace Matakevich.
His injury is flying under the radar with shaz and the other bullshit surrounding this game.

He's a ST beast and will be missed. We also didn't get a chance to see how he plays as a starter over the course of a few games. I know you and a few people think he's just a ham 'n' egger slow, smart guy, but he's always around the football.