It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6601
Bengals locker room interviews and bengal forums all are focused on the JuJu block. Calling it illegal and dirty.

Meanwhile, no mention of the H2H hit on AB in the end zone, or the cheap shot late hit on BR. They are also equating burfucked being carted away as being the same as shazier. It was painfully obvious to me he, or his coaching staff/trainers thought they could capitalize on the hit. Burfucked was ready to get up and confront JuJu. Nobody mentions he jumped off the cart once it was out of view. They gambled, thinking they could hold the steelers without him for the last minutes of the game and thought the penalty would sink the steelers.

And I'll throw this here as well. Ginger, between the lines, says the reason they lost the game was because of bogus penalties(TD called back) and cheap hits by the steelers (mixon out with a concussion/ burfucked).

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1538
WTF?......it's all optics anymore....if this happens, the NFL is giving Burfict exactly what he was trying to accomplish after the hit.... :roll: :evil:

NFL Network's Mike Garofolo reports the NFL is "strongly weighing" a one-game suspension of JuJu Smith-Schuster for his Monday hit and taunt of Vontaze Burfict.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Dec 5 - 1:39 PM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 866
DP39 wrote:
WTF?......it's all optics anymore....if this happens, the NFL is giving Burfict exactly what he was trying to accomplish after the hit.... :roll: :evil:

NFL Network's Mike Garofolo reports the NFL is "strongly weighing" a one-game suspension of JuJu Smith-Schuster for his Monday hit and taunt of Vontaze Burfict.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter Dec 5 - 1:39 PM



Told ya’ll.....its the story ESPN has been pushing since last night, meanwhile on FS1 Whitlock loved the hit and him and Cowherd were very critical of Gruden and McDontKnow


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 866
And now its official....per Schedfter. JuJu and Iloka each suspended on game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 764
StillerDownSouth wrote:
And now its official....per Schedfter. JuJu and Iloka each suspended on game


Un-Fucking believable. He gets the same penalty as what Gronk did after the whistle and per-meditated. Fucking bullshit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1080
Absolute joke.

Has any first time offender besides Juju ever been suspended for a non-dirty but arguably (I don't think it was) rule breaking hit?

_________________
Fire Alleva.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1946
DP39, if that is true and comes to pass, wow!!

That is really the first controversial play that JuJu has made in his career. It happened while the play was ongoing, not after the whistle, if you look at the play Burfect saw the block coming. This is not the way Hines would sometimes blindside somebody where they did not even see him coming.

For the NFL to suspend him for one game over this, his first serious miscue is ridiculous. Especially when you see other players, like Burfect who repeatedly do things over and over then eventually get a game suspension after a pattern of behavior. Gronk, I can understand that one, player was on the ground, play was over, and he went off on him. With JuJu it was a bang bang play, he did it while Bell was running with the football, don't really understand in my mind how anybody can say that was a dirty, illegal hit, rules be damned. What was JuJu supposed to do in that scenario, let Burfect tackle Bell from behind. Just stand there and do nothing?

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
It was a rule breaking hit but no way was that suspension worthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 866
SteelKnife wrote:
Absolute joke.

Has any first time offender besides Juju ever been suspended for a non-dirty but arguably (I don't think it was) rule breaking hit?



LB from Chicago was suspended a game for his hit on Davonte Adams, believe that game was also a primetime game. Had either of those hits occurred in a noon sunday game nothing would be done, shit only hits the fan once ESPN starts banging their drums.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 2155
Zeke5123 wrote:
According to the rules, an illegal block occurs when:

Quote:
An offensive player cannot initiate contact on the side and below the waist against an opponent if:

the blocker is moving toward his own end line; and

he approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

Note: If the near shoulder of the blocker contacts the front of his opponent’s body, the “peel back” block is legal.


Thus, it was not an illegal peel back block as Burfict was running sideline to sideline.

Here is my source https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nf ... ack-block/.

Thus, the refs basically said Juju hit him too hard.

Also, fuck Gruden. On the TD to Green, Watt's jersey was clearly pulled away from him and Gruen screamed where is the foul. Bryant's arm was grabbed and held and Gruden screamed where is the foul. A, what appeared to be legal play, and Gruden screams where is the ejection.


Gruden has become so tiresome
They would can him and bring in romo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1918
R S wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
If you watched the ESPN build up to the game, it was a porno of violent hits from previous games so their moniker of “The Rivalry” would work. The hypocrisy is insane. Gruden and Sean M. have absolutely no clue of the context in which they speak. No preparation in the game is quite obvious. Gruden’s knee jerk gut feeling calls are awful. This guy is tough. That guy is tough. He is no Collinsworth.

Secondly that block was legal. Even the taunting was a stretch if you can see the all 22. Bell was still chugging for a few seconds after the block. You could argue he was standing over him to ensure he didn’t get back up. I don’t think he was standing over him after the whistle.


Ok, you lost me. You could only argue that behind black and gold colored glasses the size of dinner plates. Come On Man


The only precedent was vs AZ in the superbowl when Harrison was fucking the guy up on the punt return. just kept knocking him down over and over and I thought that was a good football play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1918
USS Steelerworks wrote:
One thing I didn’t understand about this play is that Cincy accepted the taunting penalty which should have been a dead ball foul. In that case the Steelers should have been credited with a first down and had to move 15 yards back from where the play ended. Instead, the officials walked off 15 yards from where the penalty occurred and replayed the down. Am I losing it or did this get fucked up?


They took the taunting penalty because it counts towards him getting ejected. But I am not sure if they considered it a dead ball foul as he was standing over him while Bell was still in the process of getting tackled or should I say running over Kirpatrick.
Image
Gif from Steeler/PSU Fan post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:49 pm
Posts: 301
Location: Great White North
So I have a very sincere question.
We all know about the fines coming, and the suspension that was announced. I get it.

But do you think behind the doors and amongst themselves, JuJu is being congratulated and support for that hit by his teammates ? Especially because it was Burfect...

I would hate to think he would change his style of play over being overly cautious and second guessing his moves.

_________________
Formerly know as BLACK RAIN DEFENSE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1918
Defense wrote:
So I have a very sincere question.
We all know about the fines coming, and the suspension that was announced. I get it.

But do you think behind the doors and amongst themselves, JuJu is being congratulated and support for that hit by his teammates ? Especially because it was Burfect...

I would hate to think he would change his style of play over being overly cautious and second guessing his moves.


AB said he would pay any fine money so that is about as supported as you can get. I also don't see him changing his style of play. He made the same block a few plays later in the same drive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6601
stillthere wrote:
Defense wrote:
So I have a very sincere question.
We all know about the fines coming, and the suspension that was announced. I get it.

But do you think behind the doors and amongst themselves, JuJu is being congratulated and support for that hit by his teammates ? Especially because it was Burfect...

I would hate to think he would change his style of play over being overly cautious and second guessing his moves.


AB said he would pay any fine money so that is about as supported as you can get. I also don't see him changing his style of play. He made the same block a few plays later in the same drive.
Anybody have a clip of that?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:46 pm
Posts: 202
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Several posters here immediately called out Burfict for faking, and sure enough the report from the tunnel was that he told doctors he was fine and bounced off the stretcher as soon as they let him. Meanwhile, Gruden who was in the middle of an unbearable love fest over Burfict all night long, acted all sanctimonious after the JuJu hit, as though he were completely unaware of Burfict’s behavior since he entered the league. As if Burfict’s repeatedly dirty hits and open desire to hurt other players (and celebrate those injuries) had nothing to do with JuJu’s hard-nosed (Hines-like) block and response to the hit. Just terrible color commentary from Gruden not to acknowledge the full picture.



nailed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Hawaii
steelhope wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Several posters here immediately called out Burfict for faking, and sure enough the report from the tunnel was that he told doctors he was fine and bounced off the stretcher as soon as they let him. Meanwhile, Gruden who was in the middle of an unbearable love fest over Burfict all night long, acted all sanctimonious after the JuJu hit, as though he were completely unaware of Burfict’s behavior since he entered the league. As if Burfict’s repeatedly dirty hits and open desire to hurt other players (and celebrate those injuries) had nothing to do with JuJu’s hard-nosed (Hines-like) block and response to the hit. Just terrible color commentary from Gruden not to acknowledge the full picture.


nailed it.



Image

The heck with all of the hypocrites. Bunch of sellouts.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 86n96, AirRescueFF, bam morris, Chidi Iwuoma, DrMalba, franco32, Google [Bot], Greenwood13x, Joey's Pitbull, Kodiak, LakecrestSteeler, Poltargyst, seabs926, steel, Steel in Paradise, Steel Mike, steelmann58, steelsmitty, Still Lit, Stillcajun, TB, tunch, Zeke5123 and 90 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group