It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: JuJu's block
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 am 

fortythree wrote:
stillenigma wrote:
I agree the hit was clean by the book but it’s penalized every time in today’s NFL. Here is my problem. If that’s any other LB in the league, JuJu lays off that hit a bit. Because the league refuses to ban Burfict, it causes plays like this to happen. If the league cared about player safety, they prevent this kind of play. Instead, they fail to do their job and the players keep escalating things. It could easily have been Brown on a stretcher too. He absolutely should have gone through protocol.

Juju seemed pretty sincere when he said he didn't even realize who he hit until he was standing over him.

What do you expect him to say: "Oh I knew it was 55 and I wanted to punish him"?

League would come down hard on that shit, just like the did to the Saints for bountyhunting

Any good WR is going to recognize and remember who is on that side of the field before the ball is snapped: tendencies, weaknesses, strengths, etc

Juju knew who it was and was smiling like a butcher's dog when he popped him

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 am 

SteelJedi wrote:
Burfict was faking all night long. He stopped the game twice holding his arm like it was broken and the replay showed nothing. Yet he miraculously made it back on the field after sitting out one play. Ben was ripping them apart with the no huddle and Burfict was trying to to kill the momentum. As for the Juju hit, he has to be carried off via a stretcher, yet we're not going to talk about how he rolled over and went after Juju's ankle right after Juju stood over him. I think leaving via a stretcher was an act to see if he can't get the league to fine or suspend Juju. He was embarrassed because Juju took his manhood away from him. I don't think anyone has ever laid out Burfict like that before.
Agreed. Burfucked was pushing JuJu's legs right after the hit, jumped off the cart. JuJu led with the shoulder, helmets collided. Taunting for sure tho.

I'll be disappointed if they suspend him. Fine him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
What goes around comes around, karma is a bitch. Zero compassion for the douche. He has been running around intentionally trying to injure people for years. Remember the leg twisting in a pile. I was smiling from ear to ear. The hit on Brown was much more egregious yet barely a peep.

I have been to Cincy once, and that was the game Ward clobbered Rivers. That town is literally a 1 horse town, and on Saturday nite before game downtown was all black and gold. Good times.

Yeah. It’s because idiot Gruden set the narrative. JuJu’s hit was almost clean; the Brown hit wasn’t close to clean. Regardless, h2h hits happen regularly with no suspensions or ejections. Don’t know why Gruden got so irate at this one besides his fuckboy being on the receiving end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm 

Not sure why this was a big deal and why Bungle fans are upset.

JuJu was just getting in the holiday spirit!

HE LIT THAT BIG, STUPID MOTHERFUCKER UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:09 pm 

One thing I didn’t understand about this play is that Cincy accepted the taunting penalty which should have been a dead ball foul. In that case the Steelers should have been credited with a first down and had to move 15 yards back from where the play ended. Instead, the officials walked off 15 yards from where the penalty occurred and replayed the down. Am I losing it or did this get fucked up?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:50 pm 

USS Steelerworks wrote:
One thing I didn’t understand about this play is that Cincy accepted the taunting penalty which should have been a dead ball foul. In that case the Steelers should have been credited with a first down and had to move 15 yards back from where the play ended. Instead, the officials walked off 15 yards from where the penalty occurred and replayed the down. Am I losing it or did this get fucked up?

I think the issue is where was the ball at the moment the foul occurred. If it was past the first down marker it should have been 15 yards back from the point where the ball was held when the foul occurred, first down. If not yet at first down marker then point ball held back 15 yards second (or third or fourth down). In Canada it would be adjudicated that way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
USS Steelerworks wrote:

I think the issue is where was the ball at the moment the foul occurred. If it was past the first down marker it should have been 15 yards back from the point where the ball was held when the foul occurred, first down. If not yet at first down marker then point ball held back 15 yards second (or third or fourth down). In Canada it would be adjudicated that way

Ooops USS misread your question. Yes I agree dead ball after first down back 15 yards first down. I BELIEVE the refs screwed it up unless they claim the taunting happened during the play????

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:53 pm 

KC wrote:
Not sure why this was a big deal and why Bungle fans are upset.

JuJu was just getting in the holiday spirit!

HE LIT THAT BIG, STUPID MOTHERFUCKER UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!!

You stole my Christmas tree line! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:01 pm 

Hahahahahaha.

Rewatching the game and a Walmart commercial is playing the song “hit me with your best shot, fire away!” Rofl.

Lmao, Burfict is trash and I’m glad got laid out. I only wish they would of shown Wards grin on the sideline. I pictured him grinning ear to ear.

Fuck the broadcasters and their bullshit. Fuck espn and their band of dumbasses. Fuck the refs while we’re at it. JuJu is my new favorite mother fucker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next