It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD OF THIS TEAM
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 am 

Antonio Bryant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:15 am 

steel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
And give some props to the defense whom we maligned in the first half.

They brought it in the second half. Three points early in the third, and then a big fucking donut.

Thanks to:

Cam Sutton in place of Coty (fuckface) Sensabaugh

and

Fort in place of Dirtball Red

those substitutions made all the difference in the world

Sensabaugh was getting whipped like a rented mule by Dalton and AJ green. I didn't notice the substitution but I appreciate the adjustment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
The challenge was stupid. Really foolish waste of a timeout.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: seriously though, it was dumb.

Wasn't a good challenge, although maybe he just wanted to take a TO and thought he'd get his money's worth.

I thought the challenge was stupid, until I saw the replay. He took nearly four steps...I was glad he challenged and they botched the call.

And then the unprofessional ESPN crew had their unprofessional washed up ref not even look at the play while judging on it vehemently. That was a blown call.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 am 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Let’s give a shout out to Coach Tomlin. Pulling his team together under very difficult circumstances. Deserves a lot of credit. As far as the comeback is concerned, don’t forget those 3 points before the half. On their own 23 or so yard line with less than 30 seconds left in the half, could have easily tucked it away and started over in the 3rd quarter. Somehow found a way to come away with a field goal. Team’s thoughts now with Shazier.

I don’t think MT needs a shout out. If you think he did anything special at half time you are fooling yourself.

MT is a superb coach, and his drum beat cadence of one liners, next man up and don’t blink and the standard is the standard are more than one liners. He preaches it, and lives by it in his messaging and vocabulary. He is quite business oriented, process oriented, but tempers it with humanity. You don’t whip something up at halftime, your preparation, process and execution just carry the day.

He talks the talk and walks the walk in so many areas. Treats all situations like a business, transparently too, with his group of men and treats them all respectfully.

They are all professionals because of MT and don’t need a shout out....he has been doing this even keel stuff for a long portion of his tenure. This is the big difference between him and Cowher, when he coached.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:02 am 

Steelers are 4-0 in games decided by 3 points or less this year, another sign of a very well coached football team.

Post subject: Re: NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD OF THIS TEA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:11 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
R S wrote:
The challenge was stupid. Really foolish waste of a timeout.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: seriously though, it was dumb.

Wasn't a good challenge, although maybe he just wanted to take a TO and thought he'd get his money's worth.

I thought the challenge was stupid, until I saw the replay. He took nearly four steps...I was glad he challenged and they botched the call.

And then the unprofessional ESPN crew had their unprofessional washed up ref not even look at the play while judging on it vehemently. That was a blown call.

I don’t know...to me it looked like he was bobbling the ball the entire time...never had complete control.

Didn’t love the challenge because I thought he’d just lose the timeout and we might need it. But in a game you’re trailing, I can see the push to question a play that might result in a turnover for you.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Swiss last week you told all of us Tomlin values timeouts over time on clock, yet tonight with 2:50 or so left and bengals about to punt, he called timeout to preserve the 40 seconds on the clock and only leaving them with 1 timeout. You based your assertion because he said so in a presser.

I'm not quite getting your point, South. I thought calling the timeout with 2:47 left was wise...said so in the game thread. It enabled the offense to remain balanced for a while (...1st down & 2nd down runs after gaining possession).

Here might be the difference in Tomlin's decision-making....
*My issue last week was yes, his comments in the presser on why he did not call timeout after 1st down. It had nothing to do with GB potentially picking up the 1st down (from 2nd & 16), but focused solely on wanting to have a timeout once Steelers were on offense. At that point, Tomlin thought he would need to call timeout after both 2nd & 3rd downs, but GB ran out of bounds on 2nd down, preserving a timeout.

*Tonight, Tomlin was able to preserve some clock with which to work AND retain a timeout, which he used at game's end.

I still think the challenge was a waste. Yes, you challenge based on the potential reward, but I didn't think there was any way that had a chance of being overturned.

We can also revisit Tomlin NOT calling timeout during the Bengals possession before half, so he would have had more than 17 seconds remaining.....but I'm not dissecting that right now.

In sum though, this game was indeed a tribute to Tomlin's coaching...he was at his best.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:27 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
StillerDownSouth wrote:
On a side note, hope I never have to hear Gruden and Sean McDontKnow ever call another Steeler game ever again. Quite possibly the worst commentary I have ever heard.

Quite possibly the worst announcing job I can remember.

It's like they took 2 drunk dudes out of the stands and said here's some mic's.

No signs of any preparation....just reactions.

I'm going to keep writing this team off every week....man they're a surprising bunch.

Game was very reminiscent of that playoff game. Weather. Late win. Injuries. Ugliness. No more Bengals games this year, that's another positive.

They are sour because they’ll not be doing any more games next year

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn ... -football/

Never heard more blatant biased speaking from a crew. They know the nfl isn’t too keen on espn anymore and they called out the nfl and officials all night An amazing display. Sounded like jemele hill scripted that show

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:28 am 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
I’m guessing Tomlin valued the extra 40 seconds over an extra timeout at the end of the game, guess he was just full of shit in his presser last week.

Tomlin repeated himself in a pregame interview that he values timeouts over time saved. He wants timeouts for his offense and will burn clock as needed to preserve them.

That said...the situation last night was utterly different than the situations we were talking about before. By calling that timeout on defense, Tomlin was giving himself flexibility to run clock as he wished while STILL having a timeout in his pocket. There was way more time left on the clock than there was in the previous situations we discussed.

You know who really fucked up time management last night?

Marvin Lewis.

Once the Steelers got the ball at their own 40, the odds they were going to drive into position for at least a FG attempt were quite high. Marvin should have been in time preservation mode...and yet he let clock run twice when he could have used timeouts to stop it.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 am 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Think Cincy had about 20 yds in the 4th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next