It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SBI: Week 12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm 

We've come to the point in the season where not a whole lot of games really matter. If Steelers are not 9-2 at week's end, we'll all be mad as mother-fuckers. Patriots will be 9-2 as well.

Only other game, in my estimation, that's particularly relevant, and the one that I will surely be watching is the Jagoffs of Jacksonville in the desert vs. the Cardinals. It would be nice to create a little more distance in the rear view mirror as they remain the only viable threat to a first round bye for the Black & Gold. I'm thinking Larry Fitz, Bruce Arians and Company will put a win together this week and give us some help.

Should that happen, the only question that should remain is that of the #1 seed...and it's likely very simple. Whoever wins on the turf of Heinz Field on December 17 should own the road that won must travel to make the Super Bowl.

Yes, Steelers could fuck it up, lose in Cinci in the Monday Nighter, lose in Houston on Christmas Day, beat Pats and STILL not earn the #1 seed should Pats win out. Pats, conversely, could beat the Steelers,but lose both in South Beach and on the frozen shores of Lake Ontario and cede the #1 seed to the Steelers. I'm thinking that game's for top billing though. Each team might lose one additional, but that's about it.

Granted, would be nice on Monday Night to see Ravens playoff hopes dashed. Chefs vs. Bills?? I don't much give a shit.

Jags-Cards though.....nice lead in to this week's Sunday Nighter vs. the Cheeseheads.

Post subject: Re: SBI: Week 12
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:39 pm 

Fuck the Pats!

I mean, nice writeup swiss. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:08 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Pats, conversely, could beat the Steelers,but lose both in South Beach and on the frozen shores of Lake Ontario and cede the #1 seed to the Steelers.

Once upon a time I informed you that Buffalo is on Lake Erie, not Lake Ontario. You haven't forgotten, have you?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Pats, conversely, could beat the Steelers,but lose both in South Beach and on the frozen shores of Lake Ontario and cede the #1 seed to the Steelers.

Once upon a time I informed you that Buffalo is on Lake Erie, not Lake Ontario. You haven't forgotten, have you?

Y'know what, Poltargyst....I thought about this, failed to conduct any research on the topic and went with the wrong lake when my chances were 50/50 of being correct.

What threw me is that my son-in-law is from Rochester and his family has a place on Lake Ontario.

Thanks for the correction. If by chance, my douchebag friend TB is watching, here's proof of my being able to admit that I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:28 pm 

Rochester is on Lake Ontario. Rochester is east of Buffalo like Lake Ontario is east of Lake Erie.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:38 pm 

For whatever its worth - the Titans (as of now anyway) hold the tiebreaker with Jacksonville in the AFC South. I'd like to see the Titans keep pace with Jax, just on the off-chance that becomes a factor later in the year. If Tennessee and KC win their divisions, the Steelers own the tiebreakers over both. Granted, that's almost a worst case scenario

My God the AFC is bad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:41 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Rochester is on Lake Ontario. Rochester is east of Buffalo like Lake Ontario is east of Lake Erie.

Understood, and actually knew those directionals....as Lake Michigan is west of Lake Erie, etc., etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:12 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Understood, and actually knew those directionals....as Lake Michigan is west of Lake Erie, etc., etc.

But there is one place where one must drive north from Canada to enter the 48 United States.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm 

Pabst wrote:
For whatever its worth - the Titans (as of now anyway) hold the tiebreaker with Jacksonville in the AFC South. I'd like to see the Titans keep pace with Jax, just on the off-chance that becomes a factor later in the year. If Tennessee and KC win their divisions, the Steelers own the tiebreakers over both. Granted, that's almost a worst case scenario

My God the AFC is bad.

jags play [oiler her- tits] last game of year most likely for south crown..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

But there is one place where one must drive north from Canada to enter the 48 United States.

I believe there is a Bus route from there.