It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pete Carroll: What a Fuckin' Dope
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:48 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
I missed it, was it as bad as our Villanuevagate trick play?

It was worse because anything less than scoring on that play from 20 yards makes it a dumbuck call. Postgame, Carroll was saying that if they don't score, the runner would hopefully get out of bounds. It was going to be no further than a 37 yard FG attempt had they not tried this bullshit. So, Plan B was what? Play is a success and now kicking from 32 yards instead??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:15 pm 

IMO, this is the biggest difference between Belicheat and other coaches.

Now, Belicheat has had a few of his own questionable calls, but generally the odds favored him and it's better characterized as risky rather than stupid.

But guys like Carroll and others try to pull this stupid cute shit more than their fair share. I don't think Belicheat ever tries to "look smart", he just wants to point at the scoreboard.

And a few of those SB wins I think are definitely a case of Belicheat intimidating these guys into being stupid. They figure he's going to outsmart them, and it makes them take dumb risks. NE is always smart and prepared, and execute well....but a big part of their success is that aura and mystique makes other teams flat out choke.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:20 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:

Shovel pass from holder to TE coming across the formation behind the LOS. Falcs blew it up immediately...1-2 yard loss.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:51 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

It was worse because anything less than scoring on that play from 20 yards makes it a dumbuck call. Postgame, Carroll was saying that if they don't score, the runner would hopefully get out of bounds. It was going to be no further than a 37 yard FG attempt had they not tried this bullshit. So, Plan B was what? Play is a success and now kicking from 32 yards instead??

lol pretty fucking stupid call agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Now, Belicheat has had a few of his own questionable calls, but generally the odds favored him and it's better characterized as risky rather than stupid.

But guys like Carroll and others try to pull this stupid cute shit more than their fair share. I don't think Belicheat ever tries to "look smart", he just wants to point at the scoreboard.

And a few of those SB wins I think are definitely a case of Belicheat intimidating these guys into being stupid. They figure he's going to outsmart them, and it makes them take dumb risks. NE is always smart and prepared, and execute well....but a big part of their success is that aura and mystique makes other teams flat out choke.

Are you fucking kidding me? For fucks sake man clean yourself up, this is disgusting. Bill is a cheating fuck. Let that sink in for a minute. Then you write that maybe Bill "intimidates other coaches into being stupid", oh my fucking god this is the dumbest post I have ever read here. (ok close)
Bill has that fucking rainman mother fucker in the box helping him too. He is not a god, he is not the GOAT, he is and always will be a mother fucking cheater. You make me as sick as the media fucks slob knobbing all over that piece of shit. You know the piece of shit that walked off the field after the Giants beat their ass and never even shook hands with the opposing teams coach. Fucking classless cheating fuck to boot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm 

From reading this esteemed site, following sports talk radio and checking in on my not-curated-enough twitter feed it is clear to me that the only good coaches left in the world are Belichick and Saban.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:06 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Are you fucking kidding me? For fucks sake man clean yourself up, this is disgusting. Bill is a cheating fuck. Let that sink in for a minute. Then you write that maybe Bill "intimidates other coaches into being stupid", oh my fucking god this is the dumbest post I have ever read here. (ok close)

The two are not mutually exclusive. Belicheat can cheat, AND intimidate other coaches into being stupid because of his success. Which makes your response one of the dumbest I've read here, but it has plenty of competition.

I don't care if you want to attribute other coaches' stupidity as a side effect of his cheating. The fact remains it's an additional advantage that he doesn't directly control through cheating.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Good points. Also, for some strange reason, the best Backers and safeties the NFL have to offer can NOT cover the Pats backs out of the backfield?!? Backs like Burkhead and Lewis?!? It defies any logic?!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

I agree generally
Bellicheck tries to optic Mike every small detail that is within a coaches control. And he does a good job of having foresight to know what items will be important in a given game. And most importantly he is completely unchained to tired historical concepts that are trotted out simply as means for dopes to save their jobs.