It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cam Sutton Activation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:39 am 

Scunge wrote:
I think that they will take some pressure off of Coty Sensabaugh by reducing his special teams snaps, that is typically what they do with a starter. Who knows when Haden may be back, and they will probably want to play it safe with Coty and just let him concentrate on defense. He played 64 of 65 snaps on defense last week against Tennessee and also 16 snaps on special teams. I can't see the Steelers continuing to do that.

So, I think Sutton is primed to play a lot on special teams and do some punt returns too. Who knows what the situation is with Mike Mitchell? With Haden and Mitchell injured, Sutton and Allen should both be active and playing special teams.

Allen has 19 snaps on ST this year so far. Active in 4 games including the Titians

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:52 am 

Why not try him on punt return? There is no point in waiting to give him snaps during crucial playoff games when he has had no regular season reps. It would be good to give him some exposure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:02 am 

franco32 wrote:
Why not try him on punt return? There is no point in waiting to give him snaps during crucial playoff games when he has had no regular season reps. It would be good to give him some exposure.

Totally agree. Did a nice job at Tenn as a returner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am 

jebrick wrote:
Scunge wrote:
I think that they will take some pressure off of Coty Sensabaugh by reducing his special teams snaps, that is typically what they do with a starter. Who knows when Haden may be back, and they will probably want to play it safe with Coty and just let him concentrate on defense. He played 64 of 65 snaps on defense last week against Tennessee and also 16 snaps on special teams. I can't see the Steelers continuing to do that.

So, I think Sutton is primed to play a lot on special teams and do some punt returns too. Who knows what the situation is with Mike Mitchell? With Haden and Mitchell injured, Sutton and Allen should both be active and playing special teams.

Allen has 19 snaps on ST this year so far. Active in 4 games including the Titians

This is what I was hoping to see towards the second half of the season. Allen and Sutton on the field more. Unfortunately it did take injuries for that to unfold. Next man up.