It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gilbert suspended 4 games for PEDs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:18 pm 

I guess this explains why he's not being walked back into his own players and injuring them anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:37 pm 

Quote:
Football is less important than driving a school bus. It's JUST A TV SHOW, just ENTERTAINMENT. No lives are on the line.

That is an extremely short-sided view of the world. While you view it soley as your “entertainment” some kid in high school somewhere might view PEDs as their only means of moving on to college and later the NFL.

I personally don’t care if grown men want to make the decision to do so as it doesn’t impact me. However, if the league didn’t ban it then more and more players would be doing it to remain competitive and that will trickle down to kids.

In other words, it’s not all about you and how you get your giggles while sitting in front of the tube munching cheese puffs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
Football is less important than driving a school bus. It's JUST A TV SHOW, just ENTERTAINMENT. No lives are on the line.

That is an extremely short-sided view of the world. While you view it soley as your “entertainment” some kid in high school somewhere might view PEDs as their only means of moving on to college and later the NFL.

I personally don’t care if grown men want to make the decision to do so as it doesn’t impact me. However, if the league didn’t ban it then more and more players would be doing it to remain competitive and that will trickle down to kids.

In other words, it’s not all about you and how you get your giggles while sitting in front of the tube munching cheese puffs.

Please keep in mind, Nick doesn't have the capacity to see anything more than 2 inches in front of his Shrek-like face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:

Please keep in mind, Nick doesn't have the capacity to see anything more than 2 inches in front of his Shrek-like face.

Hey guys...you know that it’s Nick’s world and we are all just visitors... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
955876 wrote:

Hey guys...you know that it’s Nick’s world and we are all just visitors... :lol:

Remind me to fire my travel agent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 am 

Quote:
Pittsburgh will receive salary cap relief for the four games Gilbert is set to miss. Also, As Gilbert’s suspension is PED-related, the Steelers must, by rule, also recover a portion of his prorated bonus for the four the games he will miss.
In total, Gilbert looks set to lose as much as $1,707,882 for inadvertently taking a substance on the banned list. A very expensive mistake fans can only hope is a warning to everyone else on the team to be more careful in the future.
http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/1 ... uspension/
Very expensive mistake indeed. Damn what an inadvertent dumb ass!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:32 am 

Sorry...in this day and age, there’s no way a player “inadvertently” uses a substance on the banned list.

That’s just face-saving for Gilbert.

So let’s hope his improvement over the past couple of years hasn’t been the result of PED-enhancement.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Sorry...in this day and age, there’s no way a player “inadvertently” uses a substance on the banned list.

So let’s hope his improvement over the past couple of years hasn’t been the result of PED-enhancement.

Hmmm?! Do you suspect his improvement as a player, to be a result of taking PED's?

I was inclined to think Gilbert took the PED's more recently, to enhance the healing time of his hammy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:39 am 

Stillchest wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Hmmm?! Do you suspect his improvement as a player, to be a result of taking PED's?

I was inclined to think Gilbert took the PED's more recently, to enhance the healing time of his hammy.
This is what I'm thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 am 

This is from Monday's WSJ and seems timely given the situation.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-evidence-for-critics-of-weight-loss-and-sports-supplements-1511196365?cx_testId=17&cx_testVariant=cx&cx_artPos=0&cx_tag=social?cx_campaign=poptart&mod=cx_poptart#cxrecs_s

Quote:
The study found two banned stimulants and two previously unknown and little-studied substances in six weight-loss and sports supplements sold in the U.S. The researchers defined “banned” as “ingredients for which the U.S. Food and Drug Administration had taken enforcement action to remove from dietary supplements prior to August 2016 (when the samples were purchased).”

Makes it hard to know what you're eating or drinking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next