It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Playoff Scenario Predictor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:03 pm 

Anyone think the Rats could snag the AFC North away from the Steelers?

The Rats schedule is baby shit soft the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 pm 

Stillchest wrote:

Not really... The Ravens were awful against the Pack. A good team would've won by 50...

Let's say the Steelers lose to both the Ravens and the Pats. Would still need the Steelers to lose to the Bengals. And, the Ravens would need to win against the Bengals (W17 so good chance there) and not lose against Lions. I am assuming both teams beat the Texans, Browns, and that the Steelers beat the Packers. I think it is really unlikely that the Steelers lose more than 2 remaining games (including the one against the Ravens). I think it is even more unlikely that the Ravens win out. Add those two together...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I get:

PIT
NE
JAX
KC
BAL
TEN

and

PHI
CAR
MIN
SEA
NO
ATL or DAL

From that I get:
JAX @ NE
KC/BAL @ PIT
NFC is pretty much impossible to predict Wild Card Weekend. If it's DAL(w Zeke) v MIN, that's a war. NO/SEA no Chancellor nor Sherman, I guess I go NO. Let's say DAL @ PHI, NO @ CAR

AFCCG: NE @ PIT
NFCCG: DAL @ CAR

both games a coin flip

I'd be shocked if the AFC isn't: PIT, NE, JAX, KC, BAL, TEN. Seismic drop-off after these six. I can easily see all of these teams already being in after week 14. You won't have another .500 team in the conference. Fingers crossed that your AFCCG prediction is correct, with Steelers at home. Head to head regular season matchup most likely decides it, as I doubt the loser of that game can find a way to make up two other games in the remaining schedule. I think it's unlikely that NE loses any other remaining regular season games, so best take care of business at home. Other than game against Steelers, only AFC East games remaining on Pats schedule, and even though a few of those have produced surprises in recent years, the other three teams in that division look simply abysmal right now.

In NFC, I see four teams that are close to being locks: PHI, CAR, MIN, NO. I think loser of tonight's Falcons, Seahawks game could be in trouble. One of them gets in for sure, maybe both. But in spite of a difficult concluding schedule, I can see Rams finding a way in over the loser of tonight's game. Cowboys look a mess to me. And granted their concluding schedule is favorable, but if the team I watched last night (some of the worst tackling you will ever see) makes it all the way to NFCCG, I give you major props. Carolina is looking stronger and stronger to me. As do the Eagles. I'm impressed with Wentz, running game, their defense. People keep waiting for NO to fall apart, but it hasn't happened. No one seems to like Vikings chance of going far. NFC much harder to predict in my opinion. AFC is about two teams.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 pm 

I just feel like Dallas might be able to tread water until Zeke and Tyron Smith return, then sneak in over ATL, Rams. Rams have a brutal finishing schedule and ATL's is no picnic. They've also looked bad at times.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I just feel like Dallas might be able to tread water until Zeke and Tyron Smith return, then sneak in over ATL, Rams. Rams have a brutal finishing schedule and ATL's is no picnic. They've also looked bad at times.

Haha try convincing the national media on that!

I'm 50/50 that the Steelers lock down a first round bye. I can see them playing on Wild Card weekend vs the Titans.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm 

Yes, Atlanta has looked very bad at times. If they lose tonight I don’t think they make it. Will be 2 behind Seattle plus tie-breaker against them. Dallas has that problem if they end up in a two way tie with Rams, having lost to them earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:24 pm 

Stillchest wrote:

That soft schedule would be significant if the Rats were half way decent. They’re not. They’re equal or lesser to those baby shit soft teams on their schedule...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 pm 

was hoping the Bills could sneak that wild card away from the Ratbirds

then saw they play NE twice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:15 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/videos/1865362076843873/

Browns can still make playoffs :D