It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:59 pm 

:lol: Okay man. Keep being stunned by how "remarkable" it is when the Steelers and the rest of the league pass on 3rd and 2. I don't know why some people just can't admit when they're wrong and move on. Hell, I was wrong on Matt Elam, dead wrong on Johnny Manziel, convinced myself Jarvis Jones and Sammie Coates would be good, wanted Eddie Lacy over Bell... it feels good man. Exercise the demons. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm 

TB wrote:
:lol: Okay man. Keep being stunned by how "remarkable" it is when the Steelers and the rest of the league pass on 3rd and 2. I don't know why some people just can't admit when they're wrong and move on. Hell, I was wrong on Matt Elam, dead wrong on Johnny Manziel, convinced myself Jarvis Jones and Sammie Coates would be good, wanted Eddie Lacy over Bell... it feels good man. Exercise the demons. :lol:

I hope I'm wrong about Mike Tomlin v. Bill Belichick, TB. That happens, I'll jump in the freezing Atlantic Ocean in February.

And again, you cite three teams' passing percentages on 3rd & 2, and equate it to the rest of the league, and at that, one of those teams does NOT match the Steelers percentage. Do the rest of the league if you really want to prove your point, whatever that point might be.

I was just surprised that the percentage was so high.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 pm 

Times Matt Ryan has handed the ball off to a RB on 3rd and 2 this year? 0. That's 0% if you need a percentage. Passed every time other than running a failed WR reverse on 3rd and goal. How remarkable.

Aaron Rodgers? 100% of the time. Every single 3rd and 2 he passed. That's higher than 93% last time I checked. Stunning. I'm simply stunned, I tell ya. What is going on?!

You. Are. Wrong.
Let it go.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 pm 

TB wrote:
Times Matt Ryan has handed the ball off to a RB on 3rd and 2 this year? 0. That's 0% if you need a percentage. Passed every time other than running a failed WR reverse on 3rd and goal. How remarkable.

Aaron Rodgers? 100% of the time. Every single 3rd and 2 he passed. That's higher than 93% last time I checked. Stunning. I'm simply stunned, I tell ya. What is going on?!

You. Are. Wrong.
Let it go.

And I'm wrong about exactly what, TB? Citing an article and saying that the percentage of time Steelers throw on 3rd & 2 seems high?? Gee....what an egregious error!! And keep at it, Dude...you only have 26 more teams to go until you complete your scholarly work.

Seems like the one that can't let this go is you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm 

Quote:
struggling red-zone (31st in the NFL)

Only stat that actually matters in this debate.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Citing an article and saying that the percentage of time Steelers throw on 3rd & 2 seems high?? Gee....what an egregious error!!

There we go, about time. It's okay to be wrong every now and then. Feel better?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:51 pm 

TB wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Citing an article and saying that the percentage of time Steelers throw on 3rd & 2 seems high?? Gee....what an egregious error!!

There we go, about time. It's okay to be wrong every now and then. Feel better?

I'm wrong plenty....just not this time. You seem to have missed that I didn't make any declaration that could be scored as right or wrong.

You're pretty fuckin' dense on this one....but that's not unusual.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:38 am 

3rd & 2 or longer is a passing down. If you're running, you're not trying, or you think you're going to fool them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am 

TB wrote:

That's "Exorcise"... ;)

Carry on...
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 am 

Steeledge wrote:
TB wrote:

That's "Exorcise"... ;)

Carry on...
:mrgreen:

Demons need to be in shape also... :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next