It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3187
:lol: Okay man. Keep being stunned by how "remarkable" it is when the Steelers and the rest of the league pass on 3rd and 2. I don't know why some people just can't admit when they're wrong and move on. Hell, I was wrong on Matt Elam, dead wrong on Johnny Manziel, convinced myself Jarvis Jones and Sammie Coates would be good, wanted Eddie Lacy over Bell... it feels good man. Exercise the demons. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6194
TB wrote:
:lol: Okay man. Keep being stunned by how "remarkable" it is when the Steelers and the rest of the league pass on 3rd and 2. I don't know why some people just can't admit when they're wrong and move on. Hell, I was wrong on Matt Elam, dead wrong on Johnny Manziel, convinced myself Jarvis Jones and Sammie Coates would be good, wanted Eddie Lacy over Bell... it feels good man. Exercise the demons. :lol:


I hope I'm wrong about Mike Tomlin v. Bill Belichick, TB. That happens, I'll jump in the freezing Atlantic Ocean in February.

And again, you cite three teams' passing percentages on 3rd & 2, and equate it to the rest of the league, and at that, one of those teams does NOT match the Steelers percentage. Do the rest of the league if you really want to prove your point, whatever that point might be.

I was just surprised that the percentage was so high.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3187
Times Matt Ryan has handed the ball off to a RB on 3rd and 2 this year? 0. That's 0% if you need a percentage. Passed every time other than running a failed WR reverse on 3rd and goal. How remarkable.

Aaron Rodgers? 100% of the time. Every single 3rd and 2 he passed. That's higher than 93% last time I checked. Stunning. I'm simply stunned, I tell ya. What is going on?!

You. Are. Wrong.
Let it go.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6194
TB wrote:
Times Matt Ryan has handed the ball off to a RB on 3rd and 2 this year? 0. That's 0% if you need a percentage. Passed every time other than running a failed WR reverse on 3rd and goal. How remarkable.

Aaron Rodgers? 100% of the time. Every single 3rd and 2 he passed. That's higher than 93% last time I checked. Stunning. I'm simply stunned, I tell ya. What is going on?!

You. Are. Wrong.
Let it go.


And I'm wrong about exactly what, TB? Citing an article and saying that the percentage of time Steelers throw on 3rd & 2 seems high?? Gee....what an egregious error!! And keep at it, Dude...you only have 26 more teams to go until you complete your scholarly work.

Seems like the one that can't let this go is you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 3368
Quote:
struggling red-zone (31st in the NFL)


Only stat that actually matters in this debate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3187
swissvale72 wrote:
Citing an article and saying that the percentage of time Steelers throw on 3rd & 2 seems high?? Gee....what an egregious error!!


There we go, about time. It's okay to be wrong every now and then. Feel better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6194
TB wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Citing an article and saying that the percentage of time Steelers throw on 3rd & 2 seems high?? Gee....what an egregious error!!


There we go, about time. It's okay to be wrong every now and then. Feel better?


I'm wrong plenty....just not this time. You seem to have missed that I didn't make any declaration that could be scored as right or wrong.

You're pretty fuckin' dense on this one....but that's not unusual.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3335
3rd & 2 or longer is a passing down. If you're running, you're not trying, or you think you're going to fool them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:41 pm
Posts: 925
TB wrote:
:lol: Okay man. Keep being stunned by how "remarkable" it is when the Steelers and the rest of the league pass on 3rd and 2. I don't know why some people just can't admit when they're wrong and move on. Hell, I was wrong on Matt Elam, dead wrong on Johnny Manziel, convinced myself Jarvis Jones and Sammie Coates would be good, wanted Eddie Lacy over Bell... it feels good man. Exercise the demons. :lol:

That's "Exorcise"... ;)

Carry on...
:mrgreen:

_________________
Image
"When you play The Game...you either win, or you die!"
- Cersei Lannister


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3rd down O
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5848
Steeledge wrote:
TB wrote:
:lol: Okay man. Keep being stunned by how "remarkable" it is when the Steelers and the rest of the league pass on 3rd and 2. I don't know why some people just can't admit when they're wrong and move on. Hell, I was wrong on Matt Elam, dead wrong on Johnny Manziel, convinced myself Jarvis Jones and Sammie Coates would be good, wanted Eddie Lacy over Bell... it feels good man. Exercise the demons. :lol:

That's "Exorcise"... ;)

Carry on...
:mrgreen:

Demons need to be in shape also... :mrgreen:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cop1211, fortythree, Google [Bot], GreekSteel, JackSplat58, LakecrestSteeler, seabs926, StillerInCT and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group