It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CB's getting burned deep
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:11 am 

Can't blame Coty on that TD. He had outside contain on that coverage and would always always be exposed on a post. It was just a terrible defensive call and alignment and Titans did a nice job exposing it. Terrible tackling didn't help.

On Burns, I can't say that I'm not a bit disappointed. He's playing like a gambling corner but none of those gambles are paying off. A corner of that talent should be getting more INTs and taking them to the house in a given season. It's certainly an odd year for him.

I can live with the shitty run support if you have great coverage skills, and at times, he does. But, he is just to inconsistent. He's got a bit of Bud Dupree in him with some elite physical traits but with technique that is inconsistent and lets him down at times.

That said...we do have the number 2 scoring defense in the league and he has had his moments. You just wish the level of play was a little more elite.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:27 pm 

Defense:
34 team sacks, 12 team INTs.
Shazier leads in tackles with 60 and INTs with 3. Shazier also leads the team in PDs with 9. Hilton is right behind Shazier with 2 INTs.
Both Watt and Dupree each have 4 sacks with Watt having 1 INT.
Heyward leads the team in sacks with 7. Right behind him is VWill with 6 sacks.
Burns leads the team with 2 fumble recoveries and has 7 PDs making him 2nd behind Shazier.
AB leads the team in fumbles with 3 and Ben is right behind him with 2.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ll_defense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:07 pm 

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Everyone bemoans the soft zone, death by 1000 paper cuts then complains when the secondary plays more aggressive and gets beat a couple time. Unfazed by the hypocrisy.

As for Burns. Count me among those not concerned. He's by far the most talented cover guy we have. Do I wish he tackled better? Sure. But unless he is a complete pussy, which he's not, that does not bother me too much. Due to his natural ability Burns is a gambler. That means he's going to be susceptible to the double move. But it also means he's going to make plays on the ball and force picks like the one he caused against the Titans. He's the least of the problems in the secondary.

Even Rod Woodson bit on play action and other deceptions. He gambled on jumping routes AND he got burned once in a while. It happens. He was pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:31 pm 

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
He's played all 10 games this season, with those gambling tactics of his he should at least have.....wait, how many INTs does he have again this season?

Burns caused a Mariota pick just two days ago. Did you even watch the game? To me that was a far more impressive play than the one where Hilton had the ball overthrown right to him. Some of you guys...

Yeah, I was also watching Artie miss tackle after tackle when given the chance...right now he’s actually playing like a big pussy.