It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sky Cam comments and potpourri
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:19 pm 

Yeah. It wasn't that big a deal for me deciphering distance or yardage gained. Look at the hash marks and numbers.

All 22 costs money. It's a desirable thing. Maybe not for live action, but it gives the average viewer insight that hasn't been seen unless you pay for it or look for film online. The NFL is leaking this out to create more interest. And as someone mentioned, it emulates madden, which is how many viewers are introduced to football. It's keeping them in the loop.

I personally liked it, but not for every play. Especially when you can't see all players, but jesus fucking christ. The middle of the field was empty all night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 pm 

Probably moot whether you like it or not. Why is that in under five years, I bet you'll own a TV that will enable you to choose the angle you want to see the game from and the sounds you want to hear or emphasize.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:21 pm 

I suspect the NFL will soon have a viewing option of only the skycam view so nerds can have that on their laptop at the same time as the regular game feed. And the NFL will be able to charge the networks more!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Probably moot whether you like it or not. Why is that in under five years, I bet you'll own a TV that will enable you to choose the angle you want to see the game from and the sounds you want to hear or emphasize.

from your lips to Jobu's ear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 pm 

oh, and, last I checked, both fox and SNF online sites offer your choice of camera views when streaming the game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:54 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Yeah. It wasn't that big a deal for me deciphering distance or yardage gained. Look at the hash marks and numbers.

All 22 costs money. It's a desirable thing. Maybe not for live action, but it gives the average viewer insight that hasn't been seen unless you pay for it or look for film online. The NFL is leaking this out to create more interest. And as someone mentioned, it emulates madden, which is how many viewers are introduced to football. It's keeping them in the loop.

I personally liked it, but not for every play. Especially when you can't see all players, but jesus fucking christ. The middle of the field was empty all night.

My view of it as well. Kinda liked it here and there, but don't think I would for every play during an entire game. Loved seeing the perspective from QB view - gives you a real appreciation for what the player do or don't do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Going forward....let's remember.

Four out of Patriots next five are on the road, play Steelers as final game of three-game road string, directly following their Monday nighter in Miami. Schedule maker couldn't have been more kind to Steelers. Hopefully, they take advantage.

I really hope we clinch the #1 seed before that NE game tho, because the only thing seemingly more insurmountable than beating NE in a game of consequence(the#1 seed) would be beating them in 2 meaningful games (#1 seed and in the playoffs) in the same season...aint happening..so lets clinch the 1 seed before the RS meeting and keep our cards close to the vest for that game, and ambush them in the playoffs at Heinz field.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:11 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

from your lips to Jobu's ear

They already do this with the NHL package here, pretty sure for tvs but for your laptop or computer I know you can select your preferred camera angle.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:12 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
I liked it. But it shouldn't be the default view. That's too much of an ask for the old die-hard fan. Using it on a clear passing down (3rd and 6 or longer)makes sense because you can actually see the play from the QBs view and see how tight those throwing windows are.

IMO if NBC is aiming at the Madden viewer and the film junkie they should do a separate feed that uses it exclusively but gives the fan the pre-snap read of the defense showing the type of coverage and hot zones in real time. "Next leveling" the first down marker overlay, if you will. Of course, defenses would show zone or man and hop into something else after the snap- but it could show a fan how the defenses try to fool a QB. Something like this

Right now it feels like they are forcing it on the public and if the XFL can be cited as an example- people got nauseous and couldn't watch the broadcasts.

Yeah, overlays would be nice, but it's hard to do that real-time.

Honestly, all the crapping on "young people who only know this view from playing Madden" is frustrating. THESE are the people that the NFL's trying to get interested in watching the games.

Should this be a primary angle? Not really.
Should this be like the SAP (second audio program) or watching the 'homer' broadcast of a game? Definitely.

Again, as bandwidth gets cheaper, they should offer and you should be able to see sporting events from multiple angles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:20 pm 

and 1 other thing that's been mentioned before when we last wore them, and is worth mentioning again...Absolutely SICK uniforms...make those permanent please and thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next