It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adam Rank: "AB best WR in the last 20 yrs"
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm 

AB is very, very, very good. No doubt. His work ethic. His route discipline. His hands. Dude is great. Almost a certain HOFer. BUT…

I’ve never seen AB take over a game…all by himself…the way Randy Moss could. AB draws double coverage and it opens up the field for everyone else. Moss drew double coverage, and he still made catches and scored touchdowns. And the dude was the slowest fast guy (or fastest slow guy) I’ve ever seen. How frustrating must it have been to be an elite corner and be running full out as Moss pulled away from you while appearing to be jogging?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:52 pm 

Moss was the most talented WR in history. I'd be surprised if there is ever a guy like him again. Amazing hands, ran and leaped like a gazelle, devastating out of his breaks, could separate from anyone. He had everything from a talent standpoint.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm 

TB wrote:
Moss was the most talented WR in history. I'd be surprised if there is ever a guy like him again. Amazing hands, ran and leaped like a gazelle, devastating out of his breaks, could separate from anyone. He had everything from a talent standpoint.

Calvin Johnson?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:39 pm 

Pabst wrote:
TB wrote:

Calvin Johnson?

Megatron was a freak in his own right, but he didn't have Randy Moss speed. Moss had like generational speed, like Deion Sanders. To me, that's what separates him. I mean...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 pm 

I'd take Calvin Johnson over Moss.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:26 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Sure, Poltargyst, we'll wait and see. And I think you confuse a sense of being resigned to our fate unless proven otherwise, with our being pissed off. This came up on another OP last night. It has to do with the result when facing Belichick, Brady and the Patriots....
*AFCCG last year
*Opener in 2015
*At Foxboro in 2013

Getting the picture? Whenever Tomlin faces Belichick lately, the exception being 2011, he just doesn't get beat, he gets beat like a fuckin' drum; it's not even competitive.

I think I can speak for KC in hoping that we're both wrong as fuck, and that if Tomlin beats Belichick in this year's AFCCG, we'll be worship at the feet of Mike Tomlin, KC will take down the Bug-Eyed Fuck Avatar and replace him with Smoking Jesus, but with Tomlin's face. We're just not very confident is all, with good reason...hope the fuck we're wrong.

We're 8-2. Albeit by tiebreaker, but nonetheless, we currently have the #1 seed. Seems to me Tomlin's done some good things this season. We could be happy about the team and praising Tomlin. Seems strange indeed to be hating on Tomlin now for losing to the Patriots in the 2017 playoffs.

The 2017 Patriots have never played the 2017 Steelers. The Steelers have made significant changes to their roster such that I don't consider last year's AFCCG all that relevant let alone games from years ago.

Let's say in one of those games you mentioned that the reason Brady shredded the Steelers is because the Steelers had no pass rushers or DB's who could cover. I believe they have both now. So of what relevance, then, is the previous game when the Steelers roster is so different?

The Patriots are a damn good team. We may well lose to them. But it ain't fate, and the Steelers have a good enough chance to win that it'll be worth watching.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Sure, Poltargyst, we'll wait and see. And I think you confuse a sense of being resigned to our fate unless proven otherwise, with our being pissed off. This came up on another OP last night. It has to do with the result when facing Belichick, Brady and the Patriots....
*AFCCG last year
*Opener in 2015
*At Foxboro in 2013

Getting the picture? Whenever Tomlin faces Belichick lately, the exception being 2011, he just doesn't get beat, he gets beat like a fuckin' drum; it's not even competitive.

I think I can speak for KC in hoping that we're both wrong as fuck, and that if Tomlin beats Belichick in this year's AFCCG, we'll be worship at the feet of Mike Tomlin, KC will take down the Bug-Eyed Fuck Avatar and replace him with Smoking Jesus, but with Tomlin's face. We're just not very confident is all, with good reason...hope the fuck we're wrong.

We're 8-2. Albeit by tiebreaker, but nonetheless, we currently have the #1 seed. Seems to me Tomlin's done some good things this season. We could be happy about the team and praising Tomlin. Seems strange indeed to be hating on Tomlin now for losing to the Patriots in the 2017 playoffs.

The 2017 Patriots have never played the 2017 Steelers. The Steelers have made significant changes to their roster such that I don't consider last year's AFCCG all that relevant let alone games from years ago.

Let's say in one of those games you mentioned that the reason Brady shredded the Steelers is because the Steelers had no pass rushers or DB's who could cover. I believe they have both now. So of what relevance, then, is the previous game when the Steelers roster is so different?

The Patriots are a damn good team. We may well lose to them. But it ain't fate, and the Steelers have a good enough chance to win that it'll be worth watching.

Not hating on Tomlin, Poltargyst, just being real.

Comes down to this. You remember.... Joey
.....Jeremy,
right?

This one is.....Belichick
......Tomlin

And...wasn't just ONE of those games that Brady had his way with the Steelers....was damn near every time.

Hope the fuck I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

*AFCCG last year
*Opener in 2015
*At Foxboro in 2013

Gimme a break bro. Do these excuses only apply to Tomlin or do others get to use them too. I'm not gonna bother to look it up but are we certain Bellichek had the personnel advantage every time hes bitch slapped Tomlins Steelers?? Not positive but I'm thinking I highly doubt it. Werent we more than a td fave in at least 2 of those drubbings?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:48 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

*AFCCG last year
*Opener in 2015
*At Foxboro in 2013

Gimme a break bro. Do these excuses only apply to Tomlin or do others get to use them too. I'm not gonna bother to look it up but are we certain Bellichek had the personnel advantage every time hes bitch slapped Tomlins Steelers?? Not positive but I'm thinking I highly doubt it. Werent we more than a td fave in at least 2 of those drubbings?

Not that I can see:

2016 AFCCG Patriots -5.5
2015 opener Patriots -7
2013 @NE Patriots -5.5
2011 @Pit Patriots -3 Tomlin pulled an upset!
2010 @Pit Steelers -4.5
2008 @NE Patriots -2.5 Another upset!
2007 @NE Patriots -10.5

You could argue Tomlin blew the 2010 matchup in which the Steelers were favored.

Spreads courtesy of pro-football-reference.com

Something else I didn't realize looking at this is how many times Tomlin's had to go to NE to face the Pats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm 

Poltargyst"]
GreekSteel wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

*AFCCG last year
*Opener in 2015
*At Foxboro in 2013

Not that I can see:

2016 AFCCG Patriots -5.5
2015 opener Patriots -7
2013 @NE Patriots -5.5
2011 @Pit Patriots -3 Tomlin pulled an upset!
2010 @Pit Steelers -4.5
2008 @NE Patriots -2.5 Another upset!
2007 @NE Patriots -10.5

You could argue Tomlin blew the 2010 matchup in which the Steelers were favored.

Spreads courtesy of pro-football-reference.com

Something else I didn't realize looking at this is how many times Tomlin's had to go to NE to face the Pats.[/quote]

Ya his penchant for losing to inferior teams on the road has bitten in the ass over and over and that's why hes had to go to NE. Hes a good not great coach in my eyes, on a par with Harbaugh, they both have their pluses and their minuses as has been previously discussed. Hopefully we/Tomlin is able to slay the dragon for once....when it really counts...in the playoffs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next