It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 14-2 over their last 16 regular season games
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:27 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:
I can see preferring Harbaugh over Tomlin, though the argument seems to be trending in Tomlins way right now as the Steelers appear to be coming through their post SB rebuild in much better shape than the Ravens.

You could also easily conclude that the two are top 5 coaches in the league. They are certainly both top ten.

A couple other things pulled from this thread
- It absolutely has mattered that the Pats have been playing in a weaker division than the Steelers over the Brady/Ben careers. Some of you are arguing that a) Harbaugh is successful against the Pats and b) it doesn't matter that the Pats don't have a strong team like the Ravens in their division. Can't have it both ways.
- Brady and Ben are both elite quarterbacks. But there are levels here too. Not taking away from Ben, but Brady is the GOAT. It's like comparing Jerry Rice and Hines Ward. Both HOF (or will be). But there is a major difference.
- Oh and I almost forgot. Harbaugh is a world class douche. I wouldn't want him as the Steelers coach.

Good to hear from you, Lifelong....haven't seen your posts in awhile.

As for Harbaugh being a douche....it's relevant as far as who as fans would like to have coaching our team (that said, regardless of Bill Belichck being a douche, cheater, asshole, smug fuck.....I would him coach my team in a heartbeat), but really can't factor douchness into one's effectiveness as a Coach. Also, from what I understand, doesn't seem as though Harbaugh's players think he's a douche.

Please stop stating that Harbaugh being a douche is being listed as a core criteria for not wanting him as a coach. The point is that when there isn’t really any discernible difference between the two, most will pick a personality they like.

Harbaugh and Belichick aren’t in the same coaching class. We’d all take Belichick and his Assholiness because he’d raise the coaching bar, significantly. Can’t say the same for Harbaugh over Tomlin.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:30 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:
I can see preferring Harbaugh over Tomlin, though the argument seems to be trending in Tomlins way right now as the Steelers appear to be coming through their post SB rebuild in much better shape than the Ravens.

You could also easily conclude that the two are top 5 coaches in the league. They are certainly both top ten.

A couple other things pulled from this thread
- It absolutely has mattered that the Pats have been playing in a weaker division than the Steelers over the Brady/Ben careers. Some of you are arguing that a) Harbaugh is successful against the Pats and b) it doesn't matter that the Pats don't have a strong team like the Ravens in their division. Can't have it both ways.
- Brady and Ben are both elite quarterbacks. But there are levels here too. Not taking away from Ben, but Brady is the GOAT. It's like comparing Jerry Rice and Hines Ward. Both HOF (or will be). But there is a major difference.
- Oh and I almost forgot. Harbaugh is a world class douche. I wouldn't want him as the Steelers coach.

As for Harbaugh being a douche....it's relevant as far as who as fans would like to have coaching our team (that said, regardless of Bill Belichck being a douche, cheater, asshole, smug fuck.....I would him coach my team in a heartbeat), but really can't factor douchness into one's effectiveness as a Coach. Also, from what I understand, doesn't seem as though Harbaugh's players think he's a douche.

Please stop stating that Harbaugh being a douche is being listed as a core criteria for not wanting him as a coach. The point is that when there isn’t really any discernible difference between the two, most will pick a personality they like.

Harbaugh and Belichick aren’t in the same coaching class. We’d all take Belichick and his Assholiness because he’d raise the coaching bar, significantly. Can’t say the same for Harbaugh over Tomlin.

At least three posters of this esteemed website have cited douchiness as a reason for not wanting Harbaugh. I've not said it's a core critera. Perhaps you can "please stop" saying that I have.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:47 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Thanks Swiss. Dipping back in. Miss the banter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14