It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: How will the Steelers Beat NE?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:20 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I am tired of the fear NE BS too, but the truth hurts. They have a monkey on their back and a mental block. The season doesn’t mean squat until they make it past their nemesis. The Steelers know, everyone on this board knows it, Steeler fandom knows it.

If they don’t beat them in regular season, what’s the point.

Dress rehearsal. Hopefully, by that time the only thing at stake is home field and seeing how the Pats play this offense would be valuable in the playoffs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:00 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Dress rehearsal.

It really is.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Last thing I want to hear is we did not have time to incorporate more man defense with injuries to Hayden and Mitchell now.

They had the first half of the season to be working it in. Or were they too concerned not wanting to show man defense vs inferior opponents lesser quarterbacks. Etc. Etc.exce
and they'll just turn on the Man coverage switch when they need it

Mitchell is a liability when playing man coverage, so him being out would actually help things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:16 pm 

The recipe to beat Brady is known, but doesn't suit our defense well. Lots of pressure up the middle to force him to move. Tight coverage on their midget receivers to interrupt their timing. Man up on Gronk and cover over the top with a safety to take away his routes down the middle. Use ball control on offense to keep the prick Brady off the field. Short passing game over the middle to our slot receivers, and lots of YAK. Don't screw up special teams. And most of all, keep "give up a big play Willie Gay" off the field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:15 pm 

I don't think Brady i the biggest problem we face in this game. It's special teams. Their special teams won them a game this week-- when's the last time our specials won us a game? I think the Steelers simply have to catch the ball and not get over-enamored with the run-- hell, they could have hung with NE last year, with worse defensive talent than we have now and with 3rd and 4th string WRs on the field if they'd just catch the ball and have a TE whose instinct is to lower his shoulder into DBs near the goal line.

The pieces are in place, but I worry we'll have an advantage in O vs D but lose on STs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:30 pm 

I hope to hell the steelers aren't reading this thread.

They have the Titans and Dickie to deal with in short order.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I hope to hell the steelers aren't reading this thread.

They have the Titans and Dickie to deal with in short order.

They aren't reading it

Carry on

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm 

I'm sure the braintrust has been scheming together a plan since the playoff loss last year. Gradually implementing the personnel and strategy to get it right. Studying film, painfully and thoroughly analyzing a postmortem from last year. Determining the right approach, not only to start the game, but under multiple in-game scenarios. And testing this approach to vet out its effectiveness against anticipated opponent personnel.

Just kidding. Zone all the way, and hope the players make plays :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
I'm sure the braintrust has been scheming together a plan since the playoff loss last year. Gradually implementing the personnel and strategy to get it right. Studying film, painfully and thoroughly analyzing a postmortem from last year. Determining the right approach, not only to start the game, but under multiple in-game scenarios. And testing this approach to vet out its effectiveness against anticipated opponent personnel.

Just kidding. Zone all the way, and hope the players make plays :)

We do what we do....

TOUCHDOWN HOGAN!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm 

We beat the Patriots the same way anyone ever does. Collapse the middle of the pocket. Put Brady on the ground early and often (even if it’s borderline late and you have to take a flag). Get him whining.

On offense, use the whole offense, the whole field, and the whole 60 minutes. Don’t try to sit on a lead. Don’t try to milk the clock. Don’t try to run downhill. Don’t do what you always do.

If you do all that. You MIGHT beat the Patriots. Or, Gronk might score three touchdowns. Alien might drop a TD pass in the end zone. A lacross player you never heard of might be open all day long. Because two things…

1. They cheat
2. Their coaching staff could spot our coaching staff 20 IQ points apiece, and it would still be an even battle of wits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next