It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: How will the Steelers Beat NE?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am 
Damn

You guys are SERIOUS pussies

The Steelers are winning the Super Bowl this year.

I have zero fear of the cheats. They are gonna lose this week in fact to the raiders. I think Davis is gonna go Wags and put Barber out for the year early in the game

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am 

Havoc wrote:
Quote:
="Stosh-67"Cue the illusionists that will look at points per drive as the real indication of how this offense is really not as bad as it has been.

We are 16th in Pts/Dr Stosh (not updated yet with this past weekend). I didn't post that in another thread to try to say the offense is better than it appears. This was supposed to be a vaunted offense. It's not. Still hoping that will change though.

Overall, the offense has been mediocre but not good. Often a shit show with some moments and stretches of brilliance.

lol.
Dr.
Did not know if anyone mentioned points per drive in another thread.
We all want this offense to be better.
We neeeeeed this offense to be better.

Fixing the offense involves many things.
Much of it happens long before kick off.
Starts with the mentality.
Starts with the game planning.
Pace and urgency in practice.
I wish they would go more no huddle.
I wish they would pass more on early downs.
I wish they would incorporate more intermediate pass plays.
I wish they would stop wasting downs with pre-determined long bombs - regardless of a player being open.
I would like to see them run more crossing patterns and slants.
They need to get better at picks and rubs.
I would like to see them run 3-4 short pass plays to MB every game.....7-8 yard curls, 8-10 yard comebacks.
Would like to see more Connor runs than the typical one play per game. He is faster to the edge than Bell. Quicker to hit the hole for a quick 4-5 yards.
Even throw in a punishing Watson run or two a game.
Need more miss direction plays.
Need to move the pocket once or twice a game vs. nunce a game.
Need to actually trick teams to win plays, win downs.
Can not recall one designed screen play on Sunday.

I'm afraid mediocre, predictable and bland is just so incorporated into the mentality of this team that they think its only execution that's keeping them from scoring more.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Damn

I have zero fear of the cheats. They are gonna lose this week in fact to the raiders. I think Davis is gonna go Wags and put Barber out for the year early in the game

Chef.
Read the heading of the Thread
and try again with some of your own thoughts on things the PS can do to beat the Pats.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Cue the illusionists that will look at points per drive as the real indication of how this offense is really not as bad as it has been.
Although I have not seen that argument lately.
This offense, with the three headed brain trust of Tomlin, Haley and Ben has been awful this year. They need to stop playing like a bottom tier offense and start resembling an offense that should be putting up at least 28-30 per game. It does not start on game days. It starts with a mentality, a game plan, at practice with a tempo and sense of urgency. Pissing away drives does not infuriate this this team as "its a long game and we will have to work our way into the flow of the game" is status quo. We are cool, we got this, lets ease in here and win it in the 4th will not bring home #7. No reason this offense can not play with the mentality of first to 40 wins.

Quote:
I am not worried about offense; Haley and Ben will have their A game, Bell too. It all comes down to defense.

No. I expect the defense to play better vs New England. But an offense has to take advantage of a turnover on downs, a NE punt and put points on the board. We can not expect to win a defensive game vs NE. Still don't have that Von Miller or Houston that's gonna be creating havoc every other or every third passing down. Forcing NE to punt on 5 or 6 out of 11 or 12 possessions in a game will be a win. Putting 17-21 points on the board after those 5 or 6 punts is a must.

The NE offense right now has a law degree, passed the bar and has been arguing and winning cases at the supreme court. They are taking advantage of all the loop holes of the law and get away with picks and rubs, rarely called on them. They know all the judges and are getting the little ticky tacky holding calls that extend drives. They do not get flagged for offensive pass interference. And no one hits or knocks down a judge (TB) without hearing from a fellow judge himself asking for a ruling in his favor. Stopping the NE offense will not be easy without the PS being at their best on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers offense can not get out of the community college, criminal justice 101 class, 10 weeks into the season, staring at the deadline on dropping the class. It needs to wake up on Thursday night and then against the Packers, Ravens and Bengals. It needs to find a rhythm, a faster pace, no huddle, start putting points on the board. It needs to stop thinking that "18-21 points should be fine and should win games because the defense is playing well". Indictment on the mentality of the OC and HC. Fireable comment. It needs to start incorporating all the new plays we heard Ben talk about in training camp, now. And not look stupid when we pull them out for the first time when we need to execute it and not false start, illegal motion or illegal procedure. This HC, OC and QB are not smart enough to take this offense and turn on a switch when we need to.

You can not expect to shut down NE.

Hence, it has to be the Steelers offense that keeps the NE offense off the field.

Excellent post Stosh. Well said.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm 

Yup- I think the defense can take care of business vs NE, but the offense will continue to shit the bed in the Red Zone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:10 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Yup- I think the defense can take care of business vs NE, but the offense will continue to shit the bed in the Red Zone

What has changed besides stats that makes you feel like the defense will take care of business? I felt good until Haden injury. Thought we could employ man, but with him out I see us looking very similar to AFCCG. Dunk and dunk...and Brady picks us apart with little league lobs and frozen ropes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

What has changed besides stats that makes you feel like the defense will take care of business? I felt good until Haden injury. Thought we could employ man, but with him out I see us looking very similar to AFCCG. Dunk and dunk...and Brady picks us apart with little league lobs and frozen ropes.

Our pass rush is MILES better than last year. Last year Butler had to use smoke and mirrors to get sacks...now we've got 3 good DL who can rush and push the pocket

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:20 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Indeed. So the offense should probably score more than 20 points and should probably score TDs instead of settling for figgies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Damn

I thought everyone loved pussy. You some kind of misogynist?

You have zero fear of the Pats not because you are not a pussy, but because you are a blithering, dithering idiot. You must have left your brain in the freezer next to my jeans. Was wondering what that stain was.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:23 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

Our pass rush is MILES better than last year. Last year Butler had to use smoke and mirrors to get sacks...now we've got 3 good DL who can rush and push the pocket

I forgot about Heyward being out. I get reminded every now and then when I see the opposing QB get dropped by Heyward bullrushing like nobody is in front of him and the QB thinks why is my pocket so small when my linemen are in front of me still.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next