It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: How will the Steelers Beat NE?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
I'm sure the braintrust has been scheming together a plan since the playoff loss last year. Gradually implementing the personnel and strategy to get it right. Studying film, painfully and thoroughly analyzing a postmortem from last year. Determining the right approach, not only to start the game, but under multiple in-game scenarios. And testing this approach to vet out its effectiveness against anticipated opponent personnel.

Just kidding. Zone all the way, and hope the players make plays :)

This type of statement always reminds me of the Dude asking about promising leads.

https://youtu.be/GvT_VOJaXvs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 pm 
Heres how.....

I think across the board we have better players...

I think we are gonna beat them by double digits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:31 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Heres how.....

I think across the board we have better players...

I think we are gonna beat them by double digits

Pot legalization coming to NJ

Is it already up and running in PA?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 pm 

One Step at a time.
Even at 7-2, we need to stay focused on the next game. That's the Titans. The Patriots don't even exist this week, only the Titans.

The Steelers need to get their Offense in Gear. Until we score 30 in a game, our Offense will be dubbed the Anemic Turtles. And we shouldn't take the Defense for granted either, with Joe Haden out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
One Step at a time.
Even at 7-2, we need to stay focused on the next game. That's the Titans. The Patriots don't even exist this week, only the Titans.

The Steelers need to get their Offense in Gear. Until we score 30 in a game, our Offense will be dubbed the Anemic Turtles. And we shouldn't take the Defense for granted either, with Joe Haden out.

FUCK, I'm on StubHub securing tickets for SB. Too presumptuous?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Until we score 30 in a game, our Offense will be dubbed the Anemic Turtles.

:lol: I'm so glad that is catching on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 pm 

How many times do you have to get hit over the head with the same hammer before you realize the results aren't going to change? The way the Steelers beat the Pats is to hope somebody does it for them in the playoffs. Get the 2 seed and hope KC gets the 4 and beats the Pats for you. I'll never ever again pick the Steelers to beat the Pats while Brady/Belichick are around. It's pointless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:57 pm 

SP wrote:
How many times do you have to get hit over the head with the same hammer before you realize the results aren't going to change? The way the Steelers beat the Pats is to hope somebody does it for them in the playoffs. Get the 2 seed and hope KC gets the 4 and beats the Pats for you. I'll never ever again pick the Steelers to beat the Pats while Brady/Belichick are around. It's pointless.

^

This.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm 

I've said this a number of times before, but here goes....

In the days leading up to the AFCCG last year, I was concerned. I thought about the teams that have beaten the Patriots in the playoffs, and I decided they all had one thing in common: nasty pass rushers that kicked Brady's ass anytime he went back to pass. The Giants in two super bowls, the Broncos the other AFCCG, the Ravens once, the Jets once, they all had that. Hell, Houston had it last year. Heading into last year's AFCCG, I knew we didn't. And so, I longed for the Steelers to improve their pass rush over the offseason.

Things can be different for us this year vs. the Pats because now we have the makings of a dominant pass rush. We still have Tuitt, Heyward is back, Hargrave is improved and a handful himself. Watt is an animal. With all of that going on, Dupree can contribute. Throw in a side of Deebo off the bench and timely blitzes from Shaz, Williams, and the occasional DB, we just might have the pass rush prowess now to beat Brady's ass. In addition, we've improved the back end of the defense, so I expect coverage to be better vs. the Pats, and who knows, we might even play man against them.

On offense, score 7's instead of 3's. Run well, pass well. My fondest wish is for the Steelers to be the ones to fool Belichick for a change. Do something like he did to the Ravens. Find some quasi-legal formation and use it. Something he could not possibly have prepared for, and I don't mean some stupid trick play.

Anyway, we have the pieces on O and D to take a shot at the Pats this year. Get physical with these guys, lay a beating on them on both sides of the ball.

I'm saying there's a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:37 pm 

The best way to beat the Pats is to keep Brady off the field.

Even if we found a way to do this it would be nearly impossible to win with an offense that’s at the bottom of the league in red zone scoring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next