It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AFC vs NFC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:21 pm 

A few observations from around the league. Saints, Vikings, and Rams each with a record of 7-2. Saints, along with the Rams, to my mind the league's biggest surprise. Rams have won their last 3 games by a combined score of 117-24. I don't care who the fuck you're playing, that kind of domination is rare. Given how the Steelers play (and are coached) down to other teams, just think what kind of match-ups would be required for the Steelers to win by that margin over a 3 game stretch (clue: think outside the NFL). Saints are 77-20 over their past two games. Rams and Saints play each other in two weeks. Not many would have circled that one as a game of serious interest when the season began.

NFC currently has 10 teams with winning records. AFC has 6 - one of those teams being the Bills, losers on Sunday by a score of 47-10. AFC playoff picture already pretty clear: Pats, Chefs, and Steelers will win division titles. Jags (my pick) or Titans will take the South, with runner-up being a wild card team. Last team in might not have a winning record. I'll predict it's an 8-8 team, Bills, Raiders, or Ravens; conceivably even one of those at 7-9. Unfortunately, I think most of us agree, those assholes from NE are prohibitive favorites. Again.

NFC is much trickier. Eagles look close to being a lock to win east, most likely Vikings in the North. South and West hold Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams, and Seahawks. At least one of those 5 teams is not making it in. Three other teams from the conference are art 5-4 currently. I think it's pretty clear that 9-7 ain't cutting it in the NFC. 10 wins minimum to get in. Everyone seems to like the Eagles, but I wouldn't sleep on the Saints, and I'm shocked that I'm saying that. Incredible turnaround.

Post subject: Re: AFC vs NFC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm 

I'm trying to think of the last time the AFC was this bad. I honestly can't remember. I feel like I'm being hyperbolic by saying the 90s, but at the same time, nothing in recent history stands out. It's a shit shish-kabob.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 pm 

Nice thoughts Will.
Yeah. Saints vs Rams gonna be some game.
Hope it's televised/ prime time.
Along with the Eagles... those are three teams that are putting up a ton of points.

And they all could run the ball, which bodes well for when the weather gets cold and ugly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:04 pm 

All I know is the Steelers have a better record than 30 other teams in their last 19... 16-3. Even NE is only 17-4.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
All I know is the Steelers have a better record than 30 other teams in their last 19... 16-3. Even NE is only 17-4.

17-2 for NE over their last 19 (and 21 of 24) including the big two to close out last year. That the Steelers have won 16 of 19 is truly amazing given all the huffing and puffing we do. The ugliness of the AFC championship game, the bad loss to the Bears, and the blowout loss at home to Jags, those three mixed in with the large number of games in the classic, suffer as opposed to enjoy, variety - it’s easy to loss track of how much winning has gone on. Not the kind of stretch that leads to coaches being fired, however some here may wish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:11 am 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

17-2 for NE over their last 19 (and 21 of 24) including the big two to close out last year. That the Steelers have won 16 of 19 is truly amazing given all the huffing and puffing we do. The ugliness of the AFC championship game, the bad loss to the Bears, and the blowout loss at home to Jags, those three mixed in with the large number of games in the classic, suffer as opposed to enjoy, variety - it’s easy to loss track of how much winning has gone on. Not the kind of stretch that leads to coaches being fired, however some here may wish.

sorry, yeah, that was a typo-- I meant NE is only one game better over that stretch and everyone else in the NFL is worse.