It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Question about McCarron
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Ben going to play in 2018 and 2019.

All this bullshit about him being done is promulgated by the moron minority.

I want zero qb picks until the 2020 draft

I wouldn’t be so sure. If we fiddle fuck around the rest of this season and get destroyed by the Patriots in the playoffs again, I could see Ben throwing up his hands and walking. His performance has definitely dropped off this season. Is that just getting older, lack of conditioning or maybe his heart isn’t in it? It could easily be partly all three. That said, if he does have anything left after this season, I’d bet the farm it is one year and not two.

Post subject: Re: Question about McCarron
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm 

PitJax wrote:
I know this is not relevant right now, but when I saw the Bengals were trading A.J. McCarron to
the Browns (although it did not go through), my immediate thought was 'Could the Steelers
possibly get McCarron for next year?' I always liked McCarron as a qb, and I think he would be
an ideal replacement for Ben. But the Bengals would probably never trade him to Pittsburgh.
Go ahead, tell me how stupid this is!!!! PitJax

The reason the Bengals were ok with this trade is that the haul was too insane to pass up, even against a division rival.

Steelers wouldn't offer the same, plus even if they SOMEHOW did Bengals would pass because they don't want to help a team above them

Steelers would have to wait until he becomes a FA (in 2 yrs) and then maybe Ben's salary is off the books and they could afford him. That's the only way he'd be a Steeler