It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tomlin Monday Presser
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
DP39 wrote:
jebrick wrote:
So was anything said at Tomlin's presser?

Regarding the upcoming Titans game, Tomlin said - and I'm paraphrasing - I don't like looking on the other side of the field and seeing dick. Some sort of wardrobe malfunction I assume?.... :lol:

DIck LeBeau

Yes...sorry, thought my joke would come through with the combination of my wording, Smilie and complete absurdity of the comment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
So dick lebeau defense eh? Everyone run 8 yards turn around catch ball break tackle score touchdown.

But Haley won't take advantage of the cushions, because that would be too easy and Haley is too smart for that.

Lebeau will correctly expect Haley will ignore the cushions, and plan accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Do any of you who though Ben played “poorly” yesterday think that our o-line played well, particularly against what was (and may still be) the statistically worst defense in the league? I saw protection issues top to bottom and Ben being under duress until they fixed in in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Ben wasn’t perfect but the protection was shit for much of the game.

Foster looked terrible. Has been bad in pass pro all year.

Villanueva is horrible.....possibly the worst LT in the nfl yesterday

Impossible, that backup LT in Dallas got destroyed for 6 sacks by that DE from ATL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm 

Villa and Foster have been below-the-line, if you will, in pass pro this year. And Pouncey's always been pretty average.

Some of it is masked because they get the ball out quicker (and nice job against a 3-man rush, that's sort of expected....but they often struggle with 4 or 5).

It is funny, though, after all these years being criticized for holding the ball Ben is now being criticized for NOT holding the ball. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
This doesn’t mean I think Mark Madden is good at anything, but this morning his article references the fact that prior to Sunday, Steelers were 7-14 in their last 21 when they were favored on the road.

I know we all argue on here about whether Tomlin & Co. is bad against bad teams on the road, or if that concept is bullshit, but how can you argue with 7-14 in the last 21 when favored on the road?

And the talk about this being a “trap game”; where is that coming from? I don’t think Tomlin is getting the boys together after practice and talking about Indy being a “trap game”, but I think it is an indication of how undisciplined and full of themselves this team is. They aren’t focused on the task at hand, buy into the media too much, etc. That is 100 percent on coaching.

It's the heavy favoring that's he problem as much as anything. I'm as guilty as anyone-- teams are just too close to ignore the potential of little details making huge difference in game.

I repeat: We are 14-7 in our last 21 as road favorites. NOT 7-14.

I was more talking about the perception that we're bad... that's about point spreads and perceived "heavy favoirtes".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
Steelers are #10 in yards per game, not great but not bad. Got bad news for the agenda driven haters, Haley aint goin anywhere this year. Start holding players accountable. Josh McDanials is probably the best OC out there I would love to see him hear to see what he could do. It would not surprise me 1 bit if the results were similar to the current production.

5th pass, 8th run, 5th overall before yesterday's game

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:57 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Who's laughing now Oline?

I know I'm not. They played below the line. Maybe Tomlin didn't inspire them?

Or maybe they just aren't as good as advertised?

Hey, how aboutt that Shazpussy guy with that super athletic INT?

I hope he works out...despite his small frame and propensity for injury.

If he hadn't missed 6 tackles in the 1st half, he wouldn't have needed the ridiculous INT.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
Who's laughing now Oline?

I know I'm not. They played below the line. Maybe Tomlin didn't inspire them?

Or maybe they just aren't as good as advertised?

Hey, how aboutt that Shazpussy guy with that super athletic INT?

I hope he works out...despite his small frame and propensity for injury.

If he hadn't missed 6 tackles in the 1st half, he wouldn't have needed the ridiculous INT.

That was the classic Shazier game. Tried to break the NFL record for missed tackles in a game in the first half, then makes a ridiculous play that turns the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:21 pm 

Anyone bitching about the o-line clearly hasn't watched much NFL outside of Steelers games this year.

I don't think Pouncey hasn't given up a sack since 2015. :lol: DeCastro will probably be a first ballot All Pro this year, definitely second team, and hasn't given up a sack all year. Gilbert is probably our best overall lineman, and Hubbard played damn well for a backup. Ramon Foster didn't allow a single sack in 2016, I'm not convinced he's 100% at this point, but rarely ever gives up a sack or penalty, and Finney is a great backup. The only guy who has really had ups and downs so far is Villanueva, but even then I'd describe his play as at least average.

Football Outsiders has the Steelers are the best pass protecting line in the NFL. #1. Go watch Russell Wilson play, or the two teams playing tonight, Arizona, Cincinnati, what Houston is trotting out now, if you want to see what actual bad pass protection looks like. It's like a different form of football. Our passing offense has the luxury of a great o-line.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm 

I think the OL is very good but i did feel Ben took some big hits yesterday. I am one of the Biggest Big Al fan but he has struggled some in pass protection. I also thought we see a different Ben Yesterday seemed to play at a different level than we seen this season.Hopefully this will be his start of his superbowl run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next