It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Around the NFL - SNF
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
Someone should get the "thread maid" in here to clean up from all the Patriot cock-guzzling and ballwashing in this thread? 8 pages, Damn!

Denver got manhandled last week and is at the bottom of the AFC West- with a guy who couldn't start in Cleveland. How is that indicative of how good or bad the Patriots are?

Patriots have played better...especially defensively...with every passing week. It's not just the Denver game we're basing this on.

Go back and look at how they have been since they started 2-2.

It's quite clear they are getting stronger.

The Pats have put up over 40 twice, and scored in the 30's 3 times.

We have a lot of talent, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the level of football the Steelers have played to this point is going to bring us a Lombardi. We have to get better. But the cool thing is, we might.

^^ Wut he sed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm 

Havoc wrote:
IMO, it was a combination of Haley not using Sanders right, along with Sanders natural improvement progression as a player.

Haley sucked beyond belief his first 2 years here AND the Broncos got Sanders at the right time.

Sanders' stats before Todd Haley
2010: 28 rec, 376 yds, 2 TD
2011: 22 rec, 288 yds, 2 TD

Sanders' stats with Todd Haley
2012: 44 rec, 626 yds, 1 TD
2013: 67 rec, 740 yds, 6 TD

Outside of his great 2014 campaign, it's not like Sanders is setting the world on fire. Would he be any better than JuJu? Probably, but he'd also cost alot more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

folks are quick to forget Sanders has some issues between his ears with all the dropped passes in critical down and distances.

He left and i for one said to myself, he is done unless he hits the jugs catching and makes it a daily ritual. Now he's pretty much automatic because he took it upon himself to improve.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:31 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Havoc wrote:
IMO, it was a combination of Haley not using Sanders right, along with Sanders natural improvement progression as a player.

Haley sucked beyond belief his first 2 years here AND the Broncos got Sanders at the right time.

Outside of his great 2014 campaign, it's not like Sanders is setting the world on fire. Would he be any better than JuJu? Probably, but he'd also cost alot more.

My post was meant as a general statement on Haley's first 2 years here. He didn't get the most out of the offense. Ben's YPA dropped.

I'll keep JuJu. Thanks. Who knows how good this guy is going to become.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
Someone should get the "thread maid" in here to clean up from all the Patriot cock-guzzling and ballwashing in this thread? 8 pages, Damn!

Denver got manhandled last week and is at the bottom of the AFC West- with a guy who couldn't start in Cleveland. How is that indicative of how good or bad the Patriots are?

Patriots have played better...especially defensively...with every passing week. It's not just the Denver game we're basing this on.

Go back and look at how they have been since they started 2-2.

It's quite clear they are getting stronger.

Fear Makes The Wolf Bigger Than He Is. They played 3 teams with losing records and had a bye last week coming in to play another offensively limited team with a losing record. Currently, they have 3 games of their final 7 against teams above .500. None of those teams outside of us is in the top 20 offensively. Let's just stop with the chicken little shit around here. The teams that they had trouble with are Chiefs, Panthers, Texans are or were top 10 offenses with multiple weapons- what we should be if Ben gets right. I would venture to guess that if they played the Saints today- it would be a different outcome. Their defense sucks and they are getting away with it because the teams they are playing suck worse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:53 pm 

Smashmouth21 wrote:
I've been beating the Tomlin's Gotta Go drum for years.
We know the history.
We know that for whatever reasons, the Steelers play down and lose to inferior teams on an infuriatingly regular basis, especially on the road.

Yesterday in Indy, we stood by and watched as Ben and everybody on offense sucked out loud, and the defense got torched at the worst possible times...AGAIN!...
...the "Number One Pass Defense" gave up TWO huge, nearly backbreaking touchdowns! :shock:

...because we also stood by and watched this team, staring at a HUGE deficit, on the road, against a team that has been coming on strong in recent weeks and was definitely "up" to play the Steelers...
...and we saw our team overcome...

We saw 60 minutes of football.

When our defense started laying smacks on Brissett, I said to the guy watching with me, "that's it for him this game", and sure enough...
Then when I saw Ben begin to hit targets that were starting to catch the ball, I said, "We're gonna pull this out!", and sure enough...

...even after Boswell's Doink...

In the end, what we saw was the first Steelers win the week after the bye in 4 seasons to get to 7-2, in a "strong" position atop the AFC

...you know why I used the quotes, but that record is what it is.

In spite of everything that says I should, I am not giving up hope on this team.
The youthful talent is there, albeit a scary type of youthful at times...
The mature leadership has shown they CAN be there, and I have to hope those leaders can recognize the need and step up sooner going forward...

...that includes Coach Tomlin, et al...

Resisting all evidence pointing to the contrary, I STILL BELIEVE!!
You might want to consider doing the same.
Whoever washes your bedsheets will thank you...

FUCK YEAH bro! :!:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Havoc wrote:

My post was meant as a general statement on Haley's first 2 years here. He didn't get the most out of the offense. Ben's YPA dropped.

I'll keep JuJu. Thanks. Who knows how good this guy is going to become.

Understood. Was just trying to point out that Sanders was steadily improving while here. The reason he left was more salary cap related than not fitting the offense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9