It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:12 pm 

and that deep throw to Bryant was on the money-- Bryant ran around the DB instead of continuing his route the way JuJuSS did later. If Bryant and Ab (on the play where he was flagged for OPI) just keep running up the field instead of looping or slowing down to push off, that's two likely completions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm 

Haley now says he was yelling at another "coach." Whoever the fuck that might be.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/11/ha ... lisberger/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:34 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Haley now says he was yelling at another "coach." Whoever the fuck that might be.

reportedly Danny Smith, for unknown reasons

I just read that multiple players were lined up wrong on the play, not all of them came to the sideline, then the team lined up for same play, again with multiple players misaligned.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 pm 

I'd say anytime my D can hold the other team to 17 points or less I'm pretty happy. If our O, with the talent it has on it - even with a shitty OC, can't regularly score more than 24 points, I'd say the D is bailing out the O, more than the other way around.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

I just read that multiple players were lined up wrong on the play, not all of them came to the sideline, then the team lined up for same play, again with multiple players misaligned.

As I stated on Sunday....My first live reaction was that he was yelling at Fichtner (was right there when Haley was yelling in his direction and kind of acted like it was him). I was wondering if he or Tomlin lets Fichtner have a say-so in 2 pt. play calls/designs or something.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm 

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

As I stated on Sunday....My first live reaction was that he was yelling at Fichtner (was right there when Haley was yelling in his direction and kind of acted like it was him). I was wondering if he or Tomlin lets Fichtner have a say-so in 2 pt. play calls/designs or something.

I think everyone is missing the point

How in the fuck is no one apparently on the same page whether we're gonna go for 2 as soon as we hit the Red Zone?

It should have been abundantly clear about 3 plays prior to Vance hauling in the pass

Tomlin: If we get the TD we're going for 2.

Then he should have told Todd/Randy at the same time who had responsibility for the 2 point play

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 pm 

DP39 wrote:
I'd say anytime my D can hold the other team to 17 points or less I'm pretty happy. If our O, with the talent it has on it - even with a shitty OC, can't regularly score more than 24 points, I'd say the D is bailing out the O, more than the other way around.

Except that we all know and recognize that the offense is working its ass off to protect the D. Using all the play clock, running the football with impunity. Short pass game with lots of completions. Playing for possession. This team truly works symbiotically.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:

Except that we all know and recognize that the offense is working its ass off to protect the D. Using al the play clock, running the football with impunity. Short pass game with lots of completions. Playing for possession. This team truly works symbiotically.

Then your issue should be as much about the overall offensive strategy than the play calling. It's clearly Tomlin's mandate to slow things down. But I'm sure that's all Haley's fault.

And you're right about the deep ball to Bryant. It hit him in stride, but at no point in time did he have inside position on the CB. The CB ran that route for Bryant. Bad decision by Ben to throw and expectedly bad play from Bryant. I'm not sure he's ever attacked the ball in the air, he always lets it come to him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:37 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

Fichtner.

Tomlin overruled Haley and went for 2. Then Ben and Fichtner called the 2 pt play, per Ben.

Haley was yelling to "get the fucking play in."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm 

DP39 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Fichtner designed most/all of their 2 pt plays.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next