It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5870
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Why should Ben respect Haley? He has no track record of success in football. Nepotism is the only reason he has a job.


Dude he developed one of the most revered offenses in football history, remember Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Took em to the super bowl which they would have won if not for a herculean play by Deebo, and maybe an even better play by Ben and Holmes.

Listen you are entitled to your own opinion BUT not your own facts. SMH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


How many points did that vaunted offense put up until they allowed Warner to sling it around? Haley fucking sucks as a playcaller


In fact, one could certainly give Todd Haley some cred for the Steelers most recen Lombardi, having kept his prolific offense under wraps for three quarters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13889
seabs926 wrote:
The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.

#6 offense
#3 defense

that was before this week

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13889
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.



I missed this and will have to go back and re-watch. With this and the other posts in this thread I feel like if something will prevent or is preventing this team from going all the way this year it's the missing TEAM comradery. These festering, lingering blips are not and will do us no good.

Our team is incredibly tight- the players with each other and the players with Tomlin. The rest? Who knows. Does it matter? Not if the first couple parts of the equation are as they are.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 4839
seabs926 wrote:
The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.


I noticed that too. I was in a bit of denial. I thought it had to be one of the other coaches. But nope, it was Todd. If I was a defensive player on that team, that would really piss me off.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 152
bradshaw2ben wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.

#6 offense
#3 defense

that was before this week

Does that have anything to do with the way he acted on the sidelines?

What was the point of the post? It doesn't seem to fit your narrative that Haley sucks and Ben is still playing well. You seem to want it both ways - often being unable to admit that it's the entire offense (including Ben) that's average. Rarely do we have both good play calls and execution with any consistency. I don't care about DVOA rankings, I care about points.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1100
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Why should Ben respect Haley? He has no track record of success in football. Nepotism is the only reason he has a job.


Dude he developed one of the most revered offenses in football history, remember Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Took em to the super bowl which they would have won if not for a herculean play by Deebo, and maybe an even better play by Ben and Holmes.

Listen you are entitled to your own opinion BUT not your own facts. SMH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


How many points did that vaunted offense put up until they allowed Warner to sling it around? Haley fucking sucks as a playcaller


Oh the offense was indeed vaunted, designed by Todd, called by Todd and lauded by many as elite, one for the ages etc.

Does not address the point that if not for 2 of the single most phenomenal plays in a super bowl game (and you are very lucky to have 1 play like that forget 2) they would have beat us. The same team Haley designed and developed the offense for, had us on the ropes needing a superlative, one of a kind play at the end of the game to beat.. I know it totally disputes the point of "what has he done before" but unfortunately it totally shatters the assertion that he has never had success. Can we move on from that now??

In the super bowl game the Cardinals offense the one designed and executed by Haley, was significantly better than our's, here are the stats, sorry facts matter.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 010crd.htm

The Cardinals ran the ball 10 times (vs the Steelers 22 attempts) so I guess the Ol Todd did i fact let em sling it almost the whole game. Does that refute your point? Sorry facts matter.

FTR I am ambivalent about Haley but this site is just becoming a bitch fest (112 QBR versus 93, 377 yards passing versus 256, 407 total yards versus 292 Haleys O bitch slapped ours :lol: :lol: :lol: ). Real lack of objectivity from about 75% of the posters. SAD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:39 pm 
Many people say that was Whizs offense and Todd just wore the headset


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13889
seabs926 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.

#6 offense
#3 defense

that was before this week

Does that have anything to do with the way he acted on the sidelines?

What was the point of the post? It doesn't seem to fit your narrative that Haley sucks and Ben is still playing well. You seem to want it both ways - often being unable to admit that it's the entire offense (including Ben) that's average. Rarely do we have both good play calls and execution with any consistency. I don't care about DVOA rankings, I care about points.

To be perfectly clear:
A. I was responding to the notion that the D has bailed out the O, which I think is false
B. I, too, care about points-- but execution is good on a play by play basis (DVOA).
C. IMO, points are left on the field because of play calling and play design-- not enough easy plays in situational football. No whiteboard halfcourt plays/inbounds plays/faceoff plays.

Ben, AB, the OL... way better than average, and I'm not sure what measure you'd like to use to support your assertion.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am
Posts: 152
bradshaw2ben wrote:
To be perfectly clear:
A. I was responding to the notion that the D has bailed out the O, which I think is false
B. I, too, care about points-- but execution is good on a play by play basis (DVOA).
C. IMO, points are left on the field because of play calling and play design-- not enough easy plays in situational football. No whiteboard halfcourt plays/inbounds plays/faceoff plays.

Ben, AB, the OL... way better than average, and I'm not sure what measure you'd like to use to support your assertion.

'Bailed out' might have been extreme, but the D is certainly pulling their weight more than the O. I'm not sure there's been a single game where the O has been better than the D.

Play calling is part of DVOA so by your account play by play calling is good as well.

I see nearly as many execution issues as poor play design. I don't like Haley but it's also difficult to score points when your QB throws an INT without looking where he's throwing, your star WR lets an easy pass go through his hands, your QB drops a snap in 2 minute drill. That was all in the first half and probably cost us a total of 7 points.

To the bolded, what measure are you using that the execution has been better than play calling? I'm using points, which are the single most important barometer. We're basically smack dab in the middle of the pack.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13889
I'm not sure there's been a single game where the O has been better than the D.
I would say this week is a pretty good example.

Yes, execution has been an issue on both sides of the ball. You have to tackle, you have to make blocks that are basic, you have to catch the football, you have to not get penalties.

The only difference between us, as far as I can tell, is I'm the one who thinks the QB has the most issues to deal with and who is performing remarkably well, considering. I have a lot less patience with guys missing tackles, receivers dropping balls, McDonald just plain giving up on a scramble play, when he could have had a big gainer with minimum extra effort, with OL whiffing on guys in pass pro (despite regular starting lineup working together), with Jesse James and other wings on the FG unit getting abused all year long... than I do with anything Ben has done this year. I have massive respect for what he has on his plate. Sometimes I feel like the criticism here is just like guys on the sidelines or in the huddle getting pissed that the QB didn't see someone open and get him the ball. Dude is doing that the majority of the time, and considering how little separation his receivers get, whether by design or talent or predictability, I'm amazed he makes as many plays as he does.

The plays you make can be, and often are wayyyyy more important than the ones you miss or mistakes you make. Dude has been making more plays than he gives up for a long time now, and it really hasn't changed. This supporting cast has to make some plays for him. This OC has to make his on-field life better, not worse.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JackSplat58 and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group