It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Haley: Fuck you Ben
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:56 am 

What was that Chuck Noll line? His problems are many and they are great?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:57 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
I think Ben is yelling "I fucked your wife."

:lol:

LOL, that is the post of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm 

It's a shame ReTodd doesn't yell at Ben for doing dumb shit more often.

Here's O'Brien calling Brady a dumbass for making a terrible throw in 2011.

Pats went on to lose the SB that season.

Problem is, Haley is no O'Brien.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Pretty sure this was another case of Tomlin filtering Haley's calls and causing confusion.

If by filtering you mean telling Haley they were going for two and then letting Ben call his own play, you're correct.

Quote:
"The only thing I heard was Todd was saying to kick it, and Coach T was like, 'No, let the offense go,'" Roethlisberger said. "We called a play and made it happen."

The Steelers were rewarded for the decision, as Martavis Bryant pulled down Big Ben's pass to tie the score at 17-all.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-Mike-Tomlin-overruled-Todd-Haleys-decision-to-go-for-two-110400209

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:51 pm 

My problem with this is I see Ben as one of those modern sensitive type people. If you give him too much negative criticism he pouts. He's getting older and didn't look in very good shape to start this season. I'd imagine Haley has been all over him and rightfully so. At this point in his career, it may do more harm than good. I think Ben needs someone that can handle him more mentally these days. I don't see Haley motivating him any more. I totally believe he made very positive, needed changes to Ben's game early on but Ben looks to be totally tuning him out now. Haley is a dick and that might work for younger players or ones that are mentally tougher (like Warner or Brady) but it's run it's course with our diva. I wonder if Tomlin has the stones to make a change or actively try to intervene like you know, the head coach?

Quote:
"It was crazy," said Roethlisberger, who connected with Martavis Bryant on the two point play following the timeout. "That’s nothing new, him screaming at me during games. You guys just never see it. I did look over at the sideline (before the two-point conversion) and he was definitely screaming at me.
"At the time, you move on. You really can’t get caught up in it."
While Haley should be commended for helping transcend and mature Big Ben's game since becoming offensive coordinator in 2012, something clearly isn't working between the two this season, as Pittsburgh's offense is 18th in the NFL in scoring after scoring just 17 touchdowns in the season's first nine games. 

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 am 

Why should Ben respect Haley? He has no track record of success in football. Nepotism is the only reason he has a job.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:38 am 

The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 am 

seabs926 wrote:
The other thing I didn't like seeing from Haley, when Gay(?) and Shazier both missed tackles on the 3rd down play along the Steelers' sideline, he absolutely lost his mind. Let Tomlin and Butler deal with that, you should be worried about your perfectly average offense. Without the D bailing our offense out, we're hovering right around .500.

I missed this and will have to go back and re-watch. With this and the other posts in this thread I feel like if something will prevent or is preventing this team from going all the way this year it's the missing TEAM comradery. These festering, lingering blips are not and will do us no good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Why should Ben respect Haley? He has no track record of success in football. Nepotism is the only reason he has a job.

Dude he developed one of the most revered offenses in football history, remember Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Took em to the super bowl which they would have won if not for a herculean play by Deebo, and maybe an even better play by Ben and Holmes.

Listen you are entitled to your own opinion BUT not your own facts. SMH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm 

Stinger8 wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Dude he developed one of the most revered offenses in football history, remember Warner, Fitzgerald, and Boldin. Took em to the super bowl which they would have won if not for a herculean play by Deebo, and maybe an even better play by Ben and Holmes.

Listen you are entitled to your own opinion BUT not your own facts. SMH :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How many points did that vaunted offense put up until they allowed Warner to sling it around? Haley fucking sucks as a playcaller

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next