It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Martavis
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
My concerns about Bryant are less about his ability to contribute...

At this point, I'm REALLY fucking concerned about his ability to contribute...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:16 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
the-other-burg wrote:
My concerns about Bryant are less about his ability to contribute...

At this point, I'm REALLY fucking concerned about his ability to contribute...

He has definitely lost the ability to locate the deep ball. On that first quarter play, he put his arms out and the ball was five feet away, inside. That is pretty fucking bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:21 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
I'll withold expectations of Bryants revival, until he does this for a couple of weeks and keeps his mouth shut.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:28 pm 

MB contributed today.....there was no bullshit. Glad Steelers didn't give up on him. Much as I criticize Tomlin, this is the type of situation where he's at his best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:30 pm 

the-other-burg wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
the-other-burg wrote:
I'll withold expectations of Bryants revival, until he does this for a couple of weeks and keeps his mouth shut.

And, at the end of the day, we're talking 4th receiver/role player type stuff.....It's a positive to build on, but Bryant is looking like a Chris Henry/Limas Sweed love-child.

My concerns about Bryant are less about his ability to contribute and more about his attitude. Resenting teammates for their success (ie jealousy) is a bad trait- especially when he lets it affect his actions. Shit like that doesnt change over night.
This. He doesn't understand humility yet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 am 

As a self-admitted Bryant fan from the get-go, my concerns at the moment are that Martavis is a common sense challenged, stiff robot who is incapable of running a complete route tree and has regressed badly at the one thing he once excelled at -- taking the top off a defense. That said, he's the 4th passing option in the offense at this point and has the potential, like today, to benefit from the playmakers around him and make the most of his opportunities in crunch time. Bryant is a damn good role player and the Steelers will need him this year and next.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 am 

Hoping this challenged coaching staff with poor game planning and poor play calling fixes this offense.

They need to stop with the 10-20% odds on long bombs, predetermined passes , whether open or not.

And incorporate simple football pass plays into the offense for MB.

For as simple and predictable of an offense we run...we still don't hit enough slants, enough 6-8 yard outs, 7-10 yard comebacks or curls.
Crossing patterns, picks, rubs...

When MB caught the simple underneath crosser on last drive... who was thinking he turns the corner he may take it to the house.

More of these and less chuck and luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 am 

Can someone PLEASE explain to Martavis that he doesn't need to sell anything while going in pre snap motion. Shake & bake pre snap screams I need weed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 am 

Some things I've noticed since Martavis returned is he doesn't seem to have that wiggle he did before. Also his 2nd gear is much slower this season for some reason. No explosion, None! I don't know if the additional muscle (weight) is the culprit or if it's because he was out of the NFL for a full season. Just doesn't make sense how Bryant could lose his elite second gear and wiggle at the same time. Not like he's had some bad injuries or is too old either. Color Me Mystified.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Hoping this challenged coaching staff with poor game planning and poor play calling fixes this offense.

They need to stop with the 10-20% odds on long bombs, predetermined passes , whether open or not.

And incorporate simple football pass plays into the offense for MB.

For as simple and predictable of an offense we run...we still don't hit enough slants, enough 6-8 yard outs, 7-10 yard comebacks or curls.
Crossing patterns, picks, rubs...

When MB caught the simple underneath crosser on last drive... who was thinking he turns the corner he may take it to the house.

More of these and less chuck and luck.

agree. so true...again yesterday I'm reminded of the foolishness..indy..connects on 2 bombs; with guys wide fucking open. steelers try these bombs to guys who are blanketed hoping for a prayer. ..the bombs might work on occasion if they didn't attempt them like clock work every game.