It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 10: Steelers @ Colts Game COmments
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 am 

JackSplat58 wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
I had no choice but to listen to this debacle via tunch and hillgrove's steelers.com internet rebroadcast.
They were in rare idiot form even by their standards.

My favorite moments of this dynamic duo's broadcast brilliance:

- When Tomlin throws the challenge flag on the Vince Williams strip after referee Clete Blakeman clearly elucidates the runner's forward progress was STOPPPED (thus negating the ability to challenge), and every single steelers fan as well as every person on this board is smacking their foreheads, our dynamic duo continue to break down the fumble all the way up to the point where the ref informs the stadium Tomlin can't challenge, only then realizing Tomlin's wasting everyone's time
- 2nd half KO, Tunch starts talking smack about how the Steelers D is coming out of the locker room, how they ran smartly and promptly out onto the field as a unit and looked fired up, and that after the first half last minute field goal drive that this was the point where the "bye week would officially be over." Two plays later Steelers promptly give up a 60+ yard touchdown
- On the Vance McDonald TD, Hillgrove stammers and fumbles through the snap, declares that Ben merely threw it away, then nearly FIVE AGONIZING SECONDS LATER and as the Stillers fans in attendance ALREADY start to cheer at the TD, he then collects and corrects himself and declares it a TD. I nearly punched right through my radio console.
- The only time I lose signal the entire broadcast is for a full minute as the Stillers line up for the winning field goal, exactly at the point of the snap.

Yeah I heard this on the postgame recap. And then listened to one of Billy's colleagues defend him, and say that he thought Ben threw it away too. :roll:

That kind of incompetence is OK on a TV broadcast where you can see this kind of thing for yourself. On radio it's unacceptable.

It's time for Bill to step down. Even Myron knew when it was "time".

I was in the stadium for the Ben/Vance TD and it did look like he launched it into the 4th row to a wide open target. Big Ben even admitted to it after the game too. He didn't think he threw a very good pass there.

I was irate on the 2 point conversion where we had to take a TO and then a delay of game penalty. Those are times where I wish I wasn't at the game because 'Freedom of Speech' gets you in trouble... As a parent and if you've ever been involved with organized football, you should know there are going to be things that happen at games that you might not want your child to hear/do. Either prep the kid for what's about to happen, bring a pair of earmuffs or stay home.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Do you think this team looks good?? The process looks downright shitty. They're pulling out Ws due to some great individual efforts at the end of games

The process of how they march through the seasons and years seems to work quite well. Every team in every season has these types of games. The ones that go to the SB pull these types of games out. Everyone on this thread wants unrealistic perfection every week. If that occurred the Steelers would not have a cult following. This season’s success may come down to the TE plays of extreme hustle in a game of inches. Nobody is quitting, the season is progressing, the wins are accumulating and the doldrums of the early part of the season are nearly gone.

Tomlin might not have the orchestra playing music we understand or enjoy completely, but he has them playing music, and they like playing for him.

I have news for you... the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers are inferior to Montana's 49ers, the late 70's Steelers, and some other teams. Why? Those teams also had great offenses.

Are you the guy that posted about a month or so ago how you loved watching the running game as opposed to the passing game? Are you one of the rock pounding orgasm crowd?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am 

I'm going to laugh myself tits up if the Steelers actually beat NE and make it to the SB.

Because for all the world they look like the shittiest good team in the league.

No idea how they continue to win like this.

The offense is absolutely maddening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:00 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
It's time for Bill to step down. Even Myron knew when it was "time".

I wonder what it would be like without Hillgrove tripping over his own tongue every five minutes. I don't presume to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the local play by play landscape, but from the examples i've heard i'd wager he's one of the worst if not the worst play by play guy in the business.
But Ilkin is just as much of a dope as he is. When you put them together, its like a study for how CTE can be communicable over radio airwaves. I'd like them both to be put out to pasture.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I'm going to laugh myself tits up if the Steelers actually beat NE and make it to the SB.

BUT BUT BUT BUT WE"RE 7-2!!!!!! THAT"S ALL DAT MATTERS!!

I'll continue to repeat it: process over results

This team's process looks FUBAR every week. They look unsure. They look uninspired. They don't look crisp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:37 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
they look like the shittiest good team in the league.

Donnie Brasco wrote:
process over results

Yep.

I am very happy to be 7-2 and hoping for enough process improvement to get us Lombardi results.

Time is ticking.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

This team's process looks FUBAR every week. They look unsure. They look uninspired. They don't look crisp

This team is Forest Gump. Haley's playcalling is a grab bag of chocolates.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:46 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I was okay with the shitty execution, lack of detail and crispness and accepting of the ‘process’ a month ago with the expectation that improvement would come incrementally.

That hasn’t happened. And it sits squarely on the coaching staff at this point. Just looking at the Rams should tell us everything we need to know about Haley and Tomlin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115