It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steelers wearing Army decals on sunday
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:20 am 

Obviously wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I understand. But if the NFL goes along with it...

I know this is very unpopular among many, but I don't want an Army decal or anything not part of the Steelers uniform on the Steelers uniform. I refer to my post. The uniform includes the helmet.

I'm a bitter man :D

I guess. Of all things to be pissed off about..

The "I'm a bitter man" was a joke. I'm not pissed off about it. At all.

And on the DMR patch... he was part of the organization. I have no problem with that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:18 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Smith-Schuster. Looks like a 7th Infantry decal. Perhaps one of our esteemed military posters knows for sure what it signifies.

Didn't read the entire thread so if someone else responded, apologies. 7th Infantry Division - LIGHT FIGHTERS - I was stationed at Fort Ord, CA back in the late 80s before it closed down. It was deactivated for a period of time, but it now located at Joint Base Lewis McChord. Heck of a history.

https://www.army.mil/7thid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Why is this "cool"?

The US Army's budget is bigger than the TOTAL defense budget of the next 2 countries combined (China, Russia). Again, this is China AND Russia's TOTAL defense budget...their Army, Navy, Air Force, Computer Hackers and whatever form of the Marines they possess (no idea those fuckwad black beret Spetsnaz still exist like back in the day...).

Does our Army really need "decals" for added support? Seems they better be fucking cool as they cost us...THE US TAXPAYER....wait for it...

$250,000,000,000 (250 BILLION) A YEAR.

Really...you're pumped up about...decals?

If you take offense to this...if you are angry...let me simply ask you this. Why d you feel an organization with over a million soldiers and a budget of $250,000,000,000 a year? needs "decals" for added support? That's a lot of zeros for an organization that is under no threat of budget cuts...an organization that gets a bigger budget year after year...an organization that is too big and too important to fail.

Now if the decals represented the thousands of patriotic volunteer female soldiers sexually harassed or raped per year in the Army...and the retaliation they face when reporting rape...that I could get behind.

Otherwise it is not like the Army is an underprivileged group or non-profit needing of money and sympathy. They are badass and over-engineered for the enemies they face. Everyone thanks them for their service. Society thanks them plenty. But few give a shit about them when their service is DONE.

I'd vote to quadruple the budget for services for our vets NOW and gladly pay for it by increasing my tax burden NOW. THAT WOULD BE COOL.

But decals? Really? Worn by over-privileged athletes? This is necessary? This is meaningful? This is useful? This is cool?

A lot of precious tax dollars pays for our Army. As my DI said, the Marines thank me twice a month. Imagine telling your DI...Marine or Army... that we'll wear "decals" for their service?

Decals...worn by 20-something jocks. Seems forced...politically correct...or worse...meaningless, zombie patriotism.

Feel free to shoot me fellas...you know I could give a flying fuck...but at least your amusing insults take a minuscule bit of intellect...unlike superfluous "decals".

You associate the kind gesture of AV to put stickers on an NFL helmet with the budget of the US Army? THIS is the problem with society today in that everyone is just over thinking or associating multiple issues as if they're somehow linked. It is and was a cool gesture. That's it, just a nice thing he did. Didn't cost the tax payers anything.

The sexual harassment issue in the military is a reflection of society (guess where Soldiers come from), just like rapists, murderers, thieves, etc. Sexual harassment is awful, and like society was brushed under the carpet or hidden for a long time. I would say the Army is about five years ahead of getting itself right, or better. Nothing is perfect, but I'm proud to say it's moving in the right direction. Going to take a lot longer to fix, but I believe it will continue to get better as more individuals share their stories and abusers are dealt with.

The budget comparison to China and Russia is laughable. You seriously think comparing what it costs to build a tank or plane in a democracy (for-profit contractors) versus a state-sponsored (directed) vendor is going to be even close? Their budgets mask the real cost of what they spend on the military. What is the largest military force in the world? China. Somehow their twice as large force costs half of much. Why? US Military costs a lot because of capitalism.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ternet-mi/

Also a lot of wrong information on how much goes to defense spending. Imagine if the US were not one of the most potent military forces?

PS Thanks for your service. It appears you were in the Marine Corps at one point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:16 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Why is this "cool"?

The US Army's budget is bigger than the TOTAL defense budget of the next 2 countries combined (China, Russia). Again, this is China AND Russia's TOTAL defense budget...their Army, Navy, Air Force, Computer Hackers and whatever form of the Marines they possess (no idea those fuckwad black beret Spetsnaz still exist like back in the day...).

Does our Army really need "decals" for added support? Seems they better be fucking cool as they cost us...THE US TAXPAYER....wait for it...

If you take offense to this...if you are angry...let me simply ask you this. Why d you feel an organization with over a million soldiers and a budget of $250,000,000,000 a year? needs "decals" for added support? That's a lot of zeros for an organization that is under no threat of budget cuts...an organization that gets a bigger budget year after year...an organization that is too big and too important to fail.

Now if the decals represented the thousands of patriotic volunteer female soldiers sexually harassed or raped per year in the Army...and the retaliation they face when reporting rape...that I could get behind.

Otherwise it is not like the Army is an underprivileged group or non-profit needing of money and sympathy. They are badass and over-engineered for the enemies they face. Everyone thanks them for their service. Society thanks them plenty. But few give a shit about them when their service is DONE.

I'd vote to quadruple the budget for services for our vets NOW and gladly pay for it by increasing my tax burden NOW. THAT WOULD BE COOL.

But decals? Really? Worn by over-privileged athletes? This is necessary? This is meaningful? This is useful? This is cool?

A lot of precious tax dollars pays for our Army. As my DI said, the Marines thank me twice a month. Imagine telling your DI...Marine or Army... that we'll wear "decals" for their service?

Decals...worn by 20-something jocks. Seems forced...politically correct...or worse...meaningless, zombie patriotism.

Feel free to shoot me fellas...you know I could give a flying fuck...but at least your amusing insults take a minuscule bit of intellect...unlike superfluous "decals".

TRUE^^^ We should slash the military budget 50% and use that money on important stuff instead we'd still have more military spending then the next 10 nations combined! OK, Veterans Day is over, is the next game going to be another "Celebrate the Military" game too? Every other game seems to be. Military have NOTHING TO DO WITH Football! Why is military shoved down our throats every game! On Veteran's Day I get it--I SUPPORT THE TROOPS, but every other game too? Why?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
Why is this "cool"?

THIS ABOVE. Actually Chicago, the US spends more money on its war machine than the next 11 countries COMBINED. Here is the proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... penditures

This is why you can't have nice things (like roads, health care etc).

Why is the american society so violent, turned on so much by guns and war and shit??? :shock: :o :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:30 am 

Stinger8 wrote:
ChicagoSteel wrote:
Why is this "cool"?

THIS ABOVE. Actually Chicago, the US spends more money on its war machine than the next 11 countries COMBINED. Here is the proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... penditures

This is why you can't have nice things (like roads, health care etc).

Why is the american society so violent, turned on so much by guns and war and shit??? :shock: :o :( :(

EDUCATION!

No, we need MORE Military! 11 to 1 spending IS NOT ENOUGH!