It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steelers wearing Army decals on sunday
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:24 am 

The present day corporate NFL marketing strategies are nauseating to me. In all forms.

Can we just enjoy football?

I want black, gold, and road white along with the players names and numbers and the Steelers logo on the uniform. Authentic throwbacks are ok (love the bumblebee). I don't want pink or any non Steelers color mixed in. Ever.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:46 pm 

Havoc wrote:
The present day corporate NFL marketing strategies are nauseating to me. In all forms.

I want black, gold, and road white along with the players names and numbers and the Steelers logo on the uniform. Authentic throwbacks are ok (love the bumblebee). I don't want pink or any non Steelers color mixed in. Ever.

But this isn't an NFL marketing strategy... this is genuine, from a player to his teammates, which is why I thought it worth praising.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Havoc wrote:

But this isn't an NFL marketing strategy... this is genuine, from a player to his teammates, which is why I thought it worth praising.

I understand. But if the NFL goes along with it...

I know this is very unpopular among many, but I don't want an Army decal or anything not part of the Steelers uniform on the Steelers uniform. I refer to my post. The uniform includes the helmet.

I'm a bitter man :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:34 pm 

Havoc wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I know this is very unpopular among many, but I don't want an Army decal or anything not part of the Steelers uniform on the Steelers uniform. I refer to my post. The uniform includes the helmet.

Get off my lawn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:12 pm 

Best thing would be if the NFL said we will fine you if you wear that patch. Then the Steelers to a man did it anyway and paid the fine. Where does the disrespecting veteran angle go from there? Away.

Right now I'm just enjoying the fact that Big Al came up with something so f-ing cool and I am sure that someone in the league office is beside themselves because they didn't think of it first.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:29 pm 

Noticed that the Colts are wearing the logos of the different military branches on their helmets as well.

Guessing the NFL told all the teams they’d allow stickers on helmets this week.

Kind of disappointing. Was really hoping to see the fallout of an NFL fine.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 pm 

Havoc wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Havoc wrote:

So I take it that also extends to the DMR patch on the right shoulder?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:15 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Noticed that the Colts are wearing the logos of the different military branches on their helmets as well.

Guessing the NFL told all the teams they’d allow stickers on helmets this week.

Kind of disappointing. Was really hoping to see the fallout of an NFL fine.

During Salute to Service month, each player wears a sticker representing the branch of his choice. It's league-wide.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:54 pm 

Havoc wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Havoc wrote:

I guess. Of all things to be pissed off about..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 pm 

#Not Korea

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next