It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Remaining Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:40 pm 

TNF is huge. Did not expect TEN and JAX to be 6-3. Lose to TEN and it becomes a distinct possibility we could end-up with a 3 or 4 seed.

I haven't examined the schedule, but JAX looks to be pretty legit. #1 in points allowed, #8 in scoring.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 pm 

TB wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Quick turnaround to play a Thursday night game. These games are all about money and you can understand the players hating to play an NFL game with only 3 days rest in between. I maintain these games strongly favor the home team, more so even than usual. I expect AB to have a big game after struggling to make an impact right until the end on Sunday. If there's one thing we've learned about AB's mentality, it's that he does not like it when his numbers slip. Titans, like the Jaguars, 6-3, and poised to make the playoffs. Anyone else notice how weak the AFC is looking once you get beyond 5 teams? I have no idea who the 6th playoff team will be in the AFC. 5 teams already seem like locks, based on current record and remaining schedule.

I was thinking that way, especially since it seemed like when TNF initially came along it was seemingly such a huge advantage for home teams. But so far this year road teams are 5-4 straight up on TNF, and underdogs are 6-3 ATS. Steelers are only 5-4 ATS this year.

Interesting. I wasn’t sure about this year in terms of the Thursday games. Unless the Steelers are playing or it’s an essential SBI game I often end up missing it. For the longest time I had the impression that there were a disproportionate number of blowout wins for the home team. Not surprising that Steelers are only 5-4 ATS this year. A lot of expectation that eventually this offense has to bust loose, which hasn’t yet happened. And Tomlin has long struggled as a road favorite.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
TB wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Quick turnaround to play a Thursday night game. These games are all about money and you can understand the players hating to play an NFL game with only 3 days rest in between. I maintain these games strongly favor the home team, more so even than usual. I expect AB to have a big game after struggling to make an impact right until the end on Sunday. If there's one thing we've learned about AB's mentality, it's that he does not like it when his numbers slip. Titans, like the Jaguars, 6-3, and poised to make the playoffs. Anyone else notice how weak the AFC is looking once you get beyond 5 teams? I have no idea who the 6th playoff team will be in the AFC. 5 teams already seem like locks, based on current record and remaining schedule.

I was thinking that way, especially since it seemed like when TNF initially came along it was seemingly such a huge advantage for home teams. But so far this year road teams are 5-4 straight up on TNF, and underdogs are 6-3 ATS. Steelers are only 5-4 ATS this year.

Interesting. I wasn’t sure about this year in terms of the Thursday games. Unless the Steelers are playing or it’s an essential SBI game I often end up missing it. For the longest time I had the impression that there were a disproportionate number of blowout wins for the home team. Not surprising that Steelers are only 5-4 ATS this year. A lot of expectation that eventually this offense has to bust loose, which hasn’t yet happened. And Tomlin has long struggled as a road favorite.

Playing devil's advocate to my prior post, but I usually trust the Steelers at home in a night game unless they're dealing with major injuries.

Pretty wild to think it's the middle of November and we've only had 3 home games so far. Over half the league has had 5 home games to this point, no one else less than 4. To be 7-2 and to have 5 of your last 7 at home? Gotta hope we take advantage, and the Steelers under Tomlin have been a consistently great closing team.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:36 pm 

Playing devil's advocate to my prior post, but I usually trust the Steelers at home in a night game unless they're dealing with major injuries.

Pretty wild to think it's the middle of November and we've only had 3 home games so far. Over half the league has had 5 home games to this point, no one else less than 4. To be 7-2 and to have 5 of your last 7 at home? Gotta hope we take advantage, and the Steelers under Tomlin have been a consistently great closing team.[/quote]

Tomlin’s ability to get the Steelers to consistently play well down the stretch has been as much of a trademark of his coaching resume as anything else. Anyone who trashes him is being very unfair if they don’t acknowledge he’s been very strong in that respect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6