It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: League issues
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm 

Driving home from Prince Edward Island today, listened to alot of New England talk radio, driving through Maine, then New Hampshire...couple things:

1. This overturned call in the Pats/Jets game. All these explanations getting back to the officials position that there WAS a fumble. The ball never hit the ground, right, and no one else touched the ball. If the ball carrier is down at the one rather than at the pylon, would this go into the record book as a fumble, recovered by the guy that fumbled it. I doubt it!! It would not have been a fumble in that circumstance, so it shouldn't have been ruled a fumble at all.

2. I'm getting really sick of hearing that as football fans, we're being deprived of the joy of watching Aaron Rodgers for the remainder of the season. Boo hoo fuckin' hoo!! I'm just goddamn pleased that Rodgers won't be in uniform at Heinz Field on November 26.

Post subject: Re: League issues
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:02 pm 

Had almost forgot we played the Packers later this year. SBI. Always trumps.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Driving home from Prince Edward Island today, listened to alot of New England talk radio, driving through Maine, then New Hampshire...couple things:

1. This overturned call in the Pats/Jets game. All these explanations getting back to the officials position that there WAS a fumble. The ball never hit the ground, right, and no one else touched the ball. If the ball carrier is down at the one rather than at the pylon, would this go into the record book as a fumble, recovered by the guy that fumbled it. I doubt it!! It would not have been a fumble in that circumstance, so it shouldn't have been ruled a fumble at all.

2. I'm getting really sick of hearing that as football fans, we're being deprived of the joy of watching Aaron Rodgers for the remainder of the season. Boo hoo fuckin' hoo!! I'm just goddamn pleased that Rodgers won't be in uniform at Heinz Field on November 26.

That dude Zolak is an insufferable tool as a color man on the radio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm 

R S wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

He really is!! They were playing a collage of highlights from the radio broadcast of Jets-Pats, and it would drive you fuckin' crazy to listen to him all game. Too bad that he's a Western Pennsylvania guy (Ringgold) who my high school coach knows VERY well. I guess Zolak's dad was a coach as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 pm 

Quote:
I'm just goddamn pleased that Rodgers won't be in uniform at Heinz Field on November 26.

Certainly to our advantage.

But then, we did just recently lose a game where the opposing QB only had to toss it for 100 yards so who knows with this team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:
I'm just goddamn pleased that Rodgers won't be in uniform at Heinz Field on November 26.

But then, we did just recently lose a game where the opposing QB only had to toss it for 100 yards so who knows with this team.

We tip our hats to Glennon and Bortles.....two amazing QB's.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:08 am 
BarryFoster wrote:
955876 wrote:
Quote:

We tip our hats to Glennon and Bortles.....two amazing QB's.

$200 to the podcast crew says the Bears make the playoffs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 am 

that was a jet td..odd to me these crazy rules out of the blue helps pats win.. tuck rule. the no fumble -fumble..they have ruined replay as an aid to a forensic device. sick of it all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

He really is!! They were playing a collage of highlights from the radio broadcast of Jets-Pats, and it would drive you fuckin' crazy to listen to him all game. Too bad that he's a Western Pennsylvania guy (Ringgold) who my high school coach knows VERY well. I guess Zolak's dad was a coach as well.

Zolak's dad was the AD at Ringgold. They lived in Belle Vernon but Scott transferred to Ringgold for his senior year because BV wasn't very good. It caused a big outcry in the Big 10 conference. I'm surprised guys like Novak at Steel Valley allowed it. He was a douche back then too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:24 am 

League Issue..........

How about the leagues go ahead to celebrate TD's rule change.
But leaving it up to individual refs what can and can not be celebrated.

Come on. Boxing the goal post is a celebration that warrants a flag?

Regardless.
Lets celebrate wins and not TD's.
This team can not afford to keep gambling on losing 15 yards on kickoffs because of excessive celebration or interpretation flags.

Eventually, one is gonna get returned out to mid field - or worse.