It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 72 inches
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 am 

But at one point in the Chiefs game, wasn’t Bell at 7.1 YPC or something like that? And weren’t a lot of those out of the jumbo package with Nix, McDonald and James mauling people left and right?

I like the looks we get from running the spread, but Haley’s fucking playcalling out of it drives me nuts. Yay, another WR screen to Bryant or 5 yard out to Brown. No.

My brother and I always joke when we watch the game that 1st and goal from the 3 yard line this team is fucked. Haley doesn’t know what to call, which is oddly similar to the 2pt conversion try that apparently he is a wizard at. No.

I don’t care anymore how they do it. Just get in the goddamn end zone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:34 am 

Before this week, Steelers offense was something like 16th in red zone and 6th in goal to go success... FWIW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:58 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
But at one point in the Chiefs game, wasn’t Bell at 7.1 YPC or something like that? And weren’t a lot of those out of the jumbo package with Nix, McDonald and James mauling people left and right?

I like the looks we get from running the spread, but Haley’s fucking playcalling out of it drives me nuts. Yay, another WR screen to Bryant or 5 yard out to Brown. No.

My brother and I always joke when we watch the game that 1st and goal from the 3 yard line this team is fucked. Haley doesn’t know what to call, which is oddly similar to the 2pt conversion try that apparently he is a wizard at. No.

Eh? Mate Haley had run called. You can debate if he had right personnel for run but fact remains Ben changed play not Haley. As to screens: Bryant had one and it went for 7 yards. Brown had a few one went for first and another was called back due to dumb hold call by rookie.

How about you and your brother do less joking and actually try and make an attempt to think critically beyond knee jerk need to rail on about coaches?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:20 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Before this week, Steelers offense was something like 16th in red zone and 6th in goal to go success... FWIW

While I'm sure those numbers probably went down this week, as Steelers fans, we do tend to view those red zone issues through Black and Gold colored glasses; the good looks better than it is, and the bad looks worse. That said, I think a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that the talent on the roster should be producing better results offensively. The red zone isn't the only area where this unit has underachieved. I'm choosing to see some signs that we're beginning to put it together. Ask last year's Chiefs (and maybe this year's in a few weeks) whether it's better to peak in October or January.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:10 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Eh? Mate Haley had run called. You can debate if he had right personnel for run but fact remains Ben changed play not Haley. As to screens: Bryant had one and it went for 7 yards. Brown had a few one went for first and another was called back due to dumb hold call by rookie.

How about you and your brother do less joking and actually try and make an attempt to think critically beyond knee jerk need to rail on about coaches?

Ok my brother and I will stop joking around if you go fuck yourself, deal? I don’t want to see WR screens to Bryant. Are you forgetting about when we did it in other games this season to no avail? I remember the play Bryant scored on this season, do you? It wasn’t a WR screen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 pm 

^ And I mean that with all due respect.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:39 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
But “Jumbo” packages are just lousy, lazy football in this day and age.

I am not a fan of jumbo packages.

Just run the offense.