It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Villanova
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:22 pm 

Do people even watch the game? Villy had a great game. The Ford sack was all Bell nothing Villy could do about it. Try watching instead of judging someone on one play that ironically enough wasn't their fault.[/quote]

Villanova is not playing well -- he has hugely regressed this year.

AB is a motherfucking piece of shit except for that one unbelievable spectacular play he pulls out of his ass every couple games.

But he also was solely responsible for 2 Turnovers --
The fucked up kickoff after the safety
And the INT he caused by not running his slant route properly

So, yea, I appreciate his one spectacular play, but his mother fucking bullshit gets old too[/quote]

No you didn't watch Villy at all. You saw what you wanted to and decided to troll with BS. The problem is some of us do watch and can see right through the veneer of "I did watch the game," to the reality: "contrived, uniformed nonsense."

One last note: I blame the regression of Villanova's play on Rollie Massimino.

Post subject: Re: Villlanueva
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:05 am 

I watch the games and I can take off my Black and Yellow glasses and admit that Big Al is not playing very well. I guess I just expect more from him and I think he expects more from himself too.

Look, 3 years ago, in the 2015 season, he replaced Beachum after what, the 6th game? Kelvin was done for the year and Al was the man. He gave up 7.5 sacks in the 10 games that he started as the new LT. Last season, 2016, he had a rocky start and had many sacks early but then, depending on who you believe, he finished his last 7 or last 10 games with just one sack given up. For the year, counting playoffs, I believe he gave up 5 sacks.

So, to go from 7.5 to 5 is good. I was expecting him to be even better this year. He got his new contract, starting his 3rd season under the tutelage of Munchak, I was expecting him to give up maybe 2-3 sacks for the year, to take that next step and be considered one of top 10 tackles in the game.

Yet, hasn't he given up 4 sacks already this year and numerous pressures? Also some false start penalties. Yes, Foster has missed some time, but it isn't like Al doesn't have experience with Finney beside him at LG, and yes, Al was fighting some flu, maybe he lost some weight or strength, but still, this season hasn't started off very well for him. He is underachieving and not playing to his potential.

And if you asked Al he probably would agree with me. I hope that just like last season, Al finds his groove and finishes strong.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:49 am 

Scunge wrote:
I watch the games and I can take off my Black and Yellow glasses and admit that Big Al is not playing very well. I guess I just expect more from him and I think he expects more from himself too.

Look, 3 years ago, in the 2015 season, he replaced Beachum after what, the 6th game? Kelvin was done for the year and Al was the man. He gave up 7.5 sacks in the 10 games that he started as the new LT. Last season, 2016, he had a rocky start and had many sacks early but then, depending on who you believe, he finished his last 7 or last 10 games with just one sack given up. For the year, counting playoffs, I believe he gave up 5 sacks.

So, to go from 7.5 to 5 is good. I was expecting him to be even better this year. He got his new contract, starting his 3rd season under the tutelage of Munchak, I was expecting him to give up maybe 2-3 sacks for the year, to take that next step and be considered one of top 10 tackles in the game.

Yet, hasn't he given up 4 sacks already this year and numerous pressures? Also some false start penalties. Yes, Foster has missed some time, but it isn't like Al doesn't have experience with Finney beside him at LG, and yes, Al was fighting some flu, maybe he lost some weight or strength, but still, this season hasn't started off very well for him. He is underachieving and not playing to his potential.

And if you asked Al he probably would agree with me. I hope that just like last season, Al finds his groove and finishes strong.

most here can't take off their black and gold glasses to see things clearly -- Al has definitely underperformed expectations this year, after he signed that big contract. very disappointed in his play so far. Hope it improves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:00 am 

Scunge wrote:

Sigh. Villy had his best game of the season. KC has a damn good pass rush and Ford sack aside how often did you notice them? Also Villy run blocked his ass off. It helps to actually watch and not go on one play perception. It really does. Tired of perception v reality.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 am 

R S wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Damn has he looked bad.

Wrong blocks. Poor effort.

Hope he pulls it together

But he's a hero that honors America! Would you rather have an all pro who kneels? LOL, I know I would!

He's the best LT the steelers have had in ages and he's a hero. Best of both worlds! Right Nick?!

I have nothing against him, I think he's doing fine, considering his background and how he is new to the OT position. I have a lot of respect for a guy who can play D-1 college WR at 6-9 300, go fight in a war then make the NFL as an OT, I hope he improves and sticks around... I just like to mess with people.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am 

Okay, steelclan, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it sure looked to me like they were doing everything possible to help our offensive line in terms of withstanding those pass rushers.

We only threw the ball 25 times, not 35 or 40, or 55 like last week. We did a lot of play action passing this game, which was unusual and shocking, and it seemed to me we were throwing more than usual on 1st downs. Also, Tamba Hali did not play, he is on the PUP list. NT Dontari Poe left in free agency.

I don't think that KC defense is a strong defense, at all. Too many players missing (Poe), injured (Hali, Berry), and old (Derrick Johnson).

One of the things that bothered me last year, in the second half of the season, were we scaling back the passing game because internally we felt like we did not have the O-line to do it? All of this short stuff, get the ball out as fast as possible, great, but sometimes to get the vertical passing game going, to get those deep shots to Bryant going, to get some of those Ladarius Green 30 yard pass plays going, your QB has to hold the ball longer. I see the offensive line not up to it, and so we protect them and Ben by doing so much of this horizontal crap and get the ball out fast.

Of course some may not see it that way, that is why we come on here and express our opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:21 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Okay, steelclan, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it sure looked to me like they were doing everything possible to help our offensive line in terms of withstanding those pass rushers.

We only threw the ball 25 times, not 35 or 40, or 55 like last week. We did a lot of play action passing this game, which was unusual and shocking, and it seemed to me we were throwing more than usual on 1st downs. Also, Tamba Hali did not play, he is on the PUP list. NT Dontari Poe left in free agency.

I don't think that KC defense is a strong defense, at all. Too many players missing (Poe), injured (Hali, Berry), and old (Derrick Johnson).

One of the things that bothered me last year, in the second half of the season, were we scaling back the passing game because internally we felt like we did not have the O-line to do it? All of this short stuff, get the ball out as fast as possible, great, but sometimes to get the vertical passing game going, to get those deep shots to Bryant going, to get some of those Ladarius Green 30 yard pass plays going, your QB has to hold the ball longer. I see the offensive line not up to it, and so we protect them and Ben by doing so much of this horizontal crap and get the ball out fast.

Of course some may not see it that way, that is why we come on here and express our opinions.

I despise PFF for many reasons but FWIW in their "opinion" Villy was member of their team of the week in which they select the best performing player at each position. Of course I totally disagree with them on responsibility for Ford's sack.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Sigh. Villy had his best game of the season. KC has a damn good pass rush and Ford sack aside how often did you notice them?

We didn't notice the "vaunted" KC pass rush because we threw the ball about 3 times and ran the ball about 4,000 times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:51 pm 

the two times that Villy has looked bad is when the steelers used their RB to Chip the DE on his side.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:15 pm 

steel wrote:
steelclan wrote:
Sigh. Villy had his best game of the season. KC has a damn good pass rush and Ford sack aside how often did you notice them?

We didn't notice the "vaunted" KC pass rush because we threw the ball about 3 times and ran the ball about 4,000 times.

This what happens when you allow your 5 year old near the keyboard. Wow the amount of dumb in the above is legend.