It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Brown TD
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:40 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I remember watching the Knicks in a playoff game in the 90's and they gave John Starks a bunch of free looks out the wazoo the entire 4th quarter, and he couldn't sink a basked to save his life. I've seen that happen countless times with other players. I don't disagree that shooting percentages rise with open looks, but sometimes it don't mean shit if the player is 'off.'

Of course that's true. Don't know what your point is.

Ben got the best looks in the mid range middle of the field in the first half that he has in any half all season and he came alive. Deny it all you want, but that's exactly what happened.

Last edited by Havoc on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:55 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I remember watching the Knicks in a playoff game in the 90's and they gave John Starks a bunch of free looks out the wazoo the entire 4th quarter, and he couldn't sink a basked to save his life. I've seen that happen countless times with other players. I don't disagree that shooting percentages rise with open looks, but sometimes it don't mean shit if the player is 'off.'

Game 7 against Houston and Olajuwon. Starks 2 for 18. Please don't remind me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm 

You know I don't know if it has been mentioned, but AB hit the 9,000 yard mark against KC. Tied Randy Moss as fourth fastest ever to do so. Also got TD #52.

He's going to go out as one of the yard monsters. His TD production is shit compared to the greats. Rice, Moss, and Owens. Holy shit did those guys catch balls in the end zone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:04 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
You know I don't know if it has been mentioned, but AB hit the 9,000 yard mark against KC. Tied Randy Moss as fourth fastest ever to do so. Also got TD #52.

He's going to go out as one of the yard monsters. His TD production is shit compared to the greats. Rice, Moss, and Owens. Holy shit did those guys catch balls in the end zone.

AB is a great player no doubt but its a different game now geared to offense

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:12 pm 
Still Lit wrote:

Google Don Hutson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:16 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Interceptions and long pass plays take 11 players. It did in that clip from the past, and it does vs. Jacksonville.

The WR has to run through the route and not coast.
Each receiver has to run routes that manipulate the coverage.
Backs and or TEs have to chip or pick up blitzing defenders.
The OL has to provide room to step into the throw.
The throw has to be on time and have the right arc and distance.

We have literally had small issues with every one of those this year-- but as Tony Romo said, it's all been thisclose. All of it has to work. If Bryant runs through his route in Chicago and Ben/Bryant are on the same page re: inside or outside the CB on deep route vs Jacksonville, then we're talking about how great the Steelers' deep game is.

It's just like Red Zone-- erase a penalty here, add a DPI there, catch a ball here, call a better play there, make one more great throw-- you go from shithouse to penthouse.

The entire NFL is separated by a razor-thin margin right now. The Steelers aren't even playing on all cylinders right now and are pretty much inarguably top 3... at least top 5. Considering what they just did to KC's offense, you could make a case that no team is better so far.

On the other hand, they could be 2-4 just as easily. The difference in basically every game is a couple of plays/bounces/calls here and there.

Post of the month

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:44 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
avatar bet we get hit with another unsportsmanlike penalty for excessive celebrating next week?

you got it

I don't mind losing this bet. I await your avatar B2B, we never said for how long, is a week fair?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:49 pm 

So using the goal post as a prop only counts if you touch the goal post. I'm confused, as are officials apparently.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
So using the goal post as a prop only counts if you touch the goal post. I'm confused, as are officials apparently.

apparently...hey I lost the bet fair and square but clearly tomlin hasn't and wont curtail these celebrations..we'll get flagged again at some point no doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:32 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

apparently...hey I lost the bet fair and square but clearly tomlin hasn't and wont curtail these celebrations..we'll get flagged again at some point no doubt.

We're not the only team in the league allowing our players to enjoy themselves. Nobody in the Philadelphia area seems to be dogging Doug Pederson for letting the players on his team, pretty much accounted the class of the NFC at this point, have a little fun after a score.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next