It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:50 pm 

this smells like an execution issue -- plan cant work because players wont execute properly. so dial back the upside and get players in there who will run the routes called right. hell -- who need Bryant ... we cant throw the 3rd and 3 or 1st and 10 40 yd sideline lob to just about anyone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:14 am 

Scunge wrote:
I think some of you are looking at this wrong. It is not Eli Rogers replacing Bryant on the outside, it is JuJu replacing Bryant on the outside. I made an observation the other day in asking who comes off the field if Eli Rogers is active this Sunday? I got my answer, the coaching staff is going to move JuJu to the outside and start Rogers in the slot and Bryant is going to be deactivated.

JuJu has not only been doing good work inside, but outside as well. I pointed out that he has 12 catches for 160 yards, a 13.3 avg and 2 TDs with 10 first downs. Oh, the irony, there was Bryant tweeting about how JuJu is taking Coates job but this Sunday he will be taking his. :lol:

I am in support of this move. Bryant needs a wake up call, not a bad thing to make him sit out a game.

Agree with everything but the "wake up call".

He's one mistake away from nobody wanting him on their roster. No more wake up calls should be needed for this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:16 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
Scunge wrote:
I think some of you are looking at this wrong. It is not Eli Rogers replacing Bryant on the outside, it is JuJu replacing Bryant on the outside. I made an observation the other day in asking who comes off the field if Eli Rogers is active this Sunday? I got my answer, the coaching staff is going to move JuJu to the outside and start Rogers in the slot and Bryant is going to be deactivated.

JuJu has not only been doing good work inside, but outside as well. I pointed out that he has 12 catches for 160 yards, a 13.3 avg and 2 TDs with 10 first downs. Oh, the irony, there was Bryant tweeting about how JuJu is taking Coates job but this Sunday he will be taking his. :lol:

I am in support of this move. Bryant needs a wake up call, not a bad thing to make him sit out a game.

Agree with everything but the "wake up call".

He's one mistake away from nobody wanting him on their roster. No more wake up calls should be needed for this guy.

I have similar thoughts. I am all for getting JuJu on the field as much as possible and good stuff from Scunge in the post.

But the idea of Bryant needing a wake up call would probably be the beginning of the end for him as far as being a good #2 wr for us. Would no longer be in the cards for us most likely.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:02 am 

I harken back to the end of the 2015 season and Bryant had 2 catches for 6 yards in the last two games against division opponents as we were tying to make the playoffs. Ben called him out on radio, 93.7 the Fan, said he needed to step up his game, blah, blah, blah.

Of course soon after he had that circus TD catch against Cincy and then had that monster game against Denver in the playoffs. This is who he is, he needs to be kicked in the pants, he has a problem with self motivation. Him sitting out a game may be what he needs to get his mojo back, who knows?

I for one want to see what JuJu can do as an outside WR. All I heard this offseason is that we did not need to draft a WR, we had Bryant, Coates, Rogers, just a waste of a 2nd round pick. But who knows how good JuJu could be this year?

There was a WR who had similar measurables to JuJu in the 2016 draft. He was from Ohio State. He was 6'3 215 and ran in the mid 4.5s. He, too went in the 2nd round to the New Orleans Saints. He ended up catching 92 passes for 1,137 yards and 9 TDs. Michael Thomas is his name.

Why can't JuJu be our Michael Thomas this year? Why can't he as a rookie catch 70-80 passes, just like Michael Thomas? What great productive WRs are in JuJu's way, preventing him from achieving those goals? Bryant? Rogers? Neither one of them look like they want to be big time NFL WRs. What are they waiting for?

My answer is to say to hell with both of them, if you don't want to take the opportunity and run with it and become the best you can be then step aside and let a hungry JuJu take over. I think the coaching staff are very excited with what they have in JuJu. He is the type of player that you don't think twice about, or second guess, or have to motivate, just get him on the field and enjoy the show!

I thought that JuJu would quickly take Rogers job but now I am thinking that he may just take the #2 job from Byrant in the second half of the season if Bryant doesn't pull out of his funk.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am 

Scunge wrote:

Juju has been really good working inside. Why fuck with a good thing just to get Eli Rogers on the field? Why not try running Bryant on some different routes so the defense isn't sitting on screen, drag, go? You want to get Bryant involved, give him half a chance. Hell, put Bryant in the slot and Juju outside. Playing Eli Rogers over Bryant does nothing for this offense.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:32 am 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Juju has been really good working inside. Why fuck with a good thing just to get Eli Rogers on the field? Why not try running Bryant on some different routes so the defense is sitting on screen, drag, go? You want to get Bryant involved, give him half a chance. Hell, put Bryant in the slot and Juju outside. Playing Eli Rogers over Bryant does nothing for this offense.

Exactly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Juju has been really good working inside. Why fuck with a good thing just to get Eli Rogers on the field? Why not try running Bryant on some different routes so the defense is sitting on screen, drag, go? You want to get Bryant involved, give him half a chance. Hell, put Bryant in the slot and Juju outside. Playing Eli Rogers over Bryant does nothing for this offense.

Playing Hunter over Bryant/Rodgers/JuJu is equally stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Scunge wrote:

Yup.
If this offense passing game has been playing with-in 10-12 yards of the line of scimmage with Bryant.
How much tighter will defenses be able to play without Bryant on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:48 pm 

Bryant does not seem like the type of guy that will day a benching "wake up" call well. I could see this turning into a Lawrence Timmons awol thing very easily. Take note of how pissed Bryant got when Ben criticized him and when they drafted a WR. I fully expect him to throw a tantrum.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:21 pm 

R S wrote:
Bryant does not seem like the type of guy that will day a benching "wake up" call well. I could see this turning into a Lawrence Timmons awol thing very easily. Take note of how pissed Bryant got when Ben criticized him and when they drafted a WR. I fully expect him to throw a tantrum.

The expectations and work ethic need to be raised for most of the team (AB and few others, excluded). And that has to start in practice.

Maybe we just need to accept that the organizational philosophy is to "ease into" the season, and build toward the playoffs. The only goal is to win the AFCN and get a home playoff game....seeding is clearly not a priority.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next