It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:06 pm 

I hate to always make Penguin references, but... this reminds me so much of FHCMJ. He constantly ran baffling schemes that put Penguins players in positions to fail. Everyone was asking what is wrong with the players; along comes Sully and he put his players in positions to succeed. And lo and behold, they succeeded.

We should've fired Haley a long time ago. We should've fired Tomlin a while back. Haley is FHCMJ; Tomlin is FHCDB. Both suck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm 

Well, Rogers has been benched for underperforming, and now Bryant. Gee, maybe receivers actually aren't getting open, like several people have said.

Assume Bell and Jesse James are probably next.

Real problem is Haley. Too bad he won't be fired.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I've been watching the all-22 today. It's so frustrating, I'm starting to feel like Ben.

The defense rarely if ever covers the middle of the field and we even more rarely have a single route that goes there. The occasional seam and the occasional skinny post from AB but Bryant might not have set foot in between the numbers and beyond the sticks in the entire game.

We're getting looks that scream for in cuts, dig routes, seam routes and we're getting go routes on the outside with multiple options underneath the sticks.

If you take AB out of the equation, it's even worse.

:shock: (smh)

so Tomlin's quotes are the illustrious bullshit kind again (where he said game planning isn't the problem) Fuck him and the pole he has jammed up his ass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:40 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Eli replacing Bryant.

God these coaches are fucking morons. It's like they want to lose

Tank for a QB, hey, the Giants and LAC are so we should too

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:54 pm 

If only Hailey were a healthy scratch :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
so Tomlin's quotes are the illustrious bullshit kind again (where he said game planning isn't the problem) Fuck him and the pole he has jammed up his ass.

At least some guys are seeing pine. I'm not sure I can really recall a player losing reps strictly for on-field performance.

Still, to say game planning isn't the problem worries me that Haley's job is completely safe. Not that anyone really expected that it isn't.

My belief has always been that players have bad games. But when trends emerge over weeks and years that is 100% coaching.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:10 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Tank for a QB, hey, the Giants and LAC are so we should too

On the other hand, Eli replacing Bryant make take away the deep shots as a crutch (or, in the case of this year, an "attempted" crutch).

But I will be 100% unsurprised if they throw a deep ball or two to Eli trying to force him to be something he's not, like they did with Sanders.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
IMO Bryant and the Steelers would probably be better served if he got more work not less

I suspect most of his underwhelming performance has to do with zero camp time and in a larger sense zero football for over a year.

I think giving him less work in favor of Hunter or Rogers is particularly a bad idea especially against this Chiefs team.

Agreed. What has Hunter done that allows him to play over Bryant?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:04 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Eli replacing Bryant.

God these coaches are fucking morons. It's like they want to lose

head scratcher for sure..if true there must be another issue with Bryant. its really sad..we expected moon from the alien..maybe he needs the weed to perform..on a positive; signing him looks cheap now. :x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:28 pm 

I think some of you are looking at this wrong. It is not Eli Rogers replacing Bryant on the outside, it is JuJu replacing Bryant on the outside. I made an observation the other day in asking who comes off the field if Eli Rogers is active this Sunday? I got my answer, the coaching staff is going to move JuJu to the outside and start Rogers in the slot and Bryant is going to be deactivated.

JuJu has not only been doing good work inside, but outside as well. I pointed out that he has 12 catches for 160 yards, a 13.3 avg and 2 TDs with 10 first downs. Oh, the irony, there was Bryant tweeting about how JuJu is taking Coates job but this Sunday he will be taking his. :lol:

I am in support of this move. Bryant needs a wake up call, not a bad thing to make him sit out a game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next