It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I've been watching the all-22 today. It's so frustrating, I'm starting to feel like Ben.

The defense rarely if ever covers the middle of the field and we even more rarely have a single route that goes there. The occasional seam and the occasional skinny post from AB but Bryant might not have set foot in between the numbers and beyond the sticks in the entire game.

We're getting looks that scream for in cuts, dig routes, seam routes and we're getting go routes on the outside with multiple options underneath the sticks.

If you take AB out of the equation, it's even worse.

:shock: (smh)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I've been watching the all-22 today. It's so frustrating, I'm starting to feel like Ben.

The defense rarely if ever covers the middle of the field and we even more rarely have a single route that goes there. The occasional seam and the occasional skinny post from AB but Bryant might not have set foot in between the numbers and beyond the sticks in the entire game.

We're getting looks that scream for in cuts, dig routes, seam routes and we're getting go routes on the outside with multiple options underneath the sticks.

Doesn't Eli do a lot of middle of the field work?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm 

Routes between the numbers and past the sticks, 1st half

Juju 6
Jesse 5
AB 3
Vance McDonald 1
Bryant 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm 

Don't scratch the guy, but I do think Eli Rogers should be plenty of snaps this week too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I can't stomach watching all-22 this week. I managed to keep my cool with the results this past Sunday but if they bench Alien...what a dumb idea unless there is something beyond the playing field that we don't know about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:35 pm 

It's like they don't really give Bryant a chance. The defender knows he's almost always running a go or a short drag route. If Bryant doesn't cut in by his second step, defender can just bail.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 pm 

Eli replacing Bryant.

God these coaches are fucking morons. It's like they want to lose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:38 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

There were stretches for our offense pre bryant suspension when it actually looked like Haley might pan out and be a pretty good OC for us. That seems so long ago now...

Why are we doing this? I mean, I have posted countless times on Tomlin and Haley being conservative coaches.. but still...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Doesn't Eli do a lot of middle of the field work?

Mostly short, but yes. Juju is attacking more than Rogers did, which is cool.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

The oddity behind this whole thing...Bryant has had some big catches over the middle. There was the TD on the post. There were the back-to-back posts on a 2 min warning. He is big and fast; a perfect skinny post target. Make the defense honor the middle (which Bryant should be able to do so), and it will open up the 9 route.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next