It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am 

Looks like Alien, might be getting a week off (or down the depth more) so they can explore other options, perhaps its some gamesmanship against Fat Andy and also motivation for Martavis.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger reportedly hinted the Steelers could give Martavis Bryant "a break" this week against the Chiefs.
Slot receiver Eli Rogers is expected to be active for the first time since Week 3, a move which would allow JuJu Smith-Schuster to takes snaps away from Bryant on the outside. It does not sound like Bryant is going to be benched completely, but he could see his role scaled back. Already struggling to return fantasy value before this news, Bryant does not look like a viable fantasy option this week. Of course, he is always just one play away from a good fantasy day. Oct 12 - 10:17 AM
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

this is interesting, let's see what shakes out next week and the relapse aspect.

Post subject: Re: Bryant might be a healthy scratch this week.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 am 

He did a poor job of locating the deep ball thrown his way this week, which is not a good development.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
He did a poor job of locating the deep ball thrown his way this week, which is not a good development.

I think he's struggling everywhere, doesn't even look like 2 yrs ago, totally not focused.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm 

IMO Bryant and the Steelers would probably be better served if he got more work not less

I suspect most of his underwhelming performance has to do with zero camp time and in a larger sense zero football for over a year.

I think giving him less work in favor of Hunter or Rogers is particularly a bad idea especially against this Chiefs team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm 

This would be a completely assinine thing to do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm 

Another indication of how big a fucking mess this team is right now. Good lord.

I’d say sit Conner too, since that idiot doesn’t seem to understand the importance of blitz pick up or protecting the damn QB so he can make some throws.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 pm 

I actually like Eli Rodgers as a 3/4 guy. I won’t say he’s the difference this offense needs to go top 10 but he does a few things well, like run crisp routes. Plus Ben clearly likes him and Ben needs all the help he can get now.

I doubt they’d scratch martavis, but who knows might be simply too much emotionally for mike tomlin to go the game without DHB. Unfortunately we’ve seen these lapses out of martavis. But when he’s on he drags around 25% of the defense with him.

Any rate I think Rodgers is a way to add another target that this O really needs right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Another indication of how big a fucking mess this team is right now.

Yes it is.

This is terrible news.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
I actually like Eli Rodgers as a 3/4 guy. I won’t say he’s the difference this offense needs to go top 10 but he does a few things well, like run crisp routes. Plus Ben clearly likes him and Ben needs all the help he can get now.

I doubt they’d scratch martavis, but who knows might be simply too much emotionally for mike tomlin to go the game without DHB. Unfortunately we’ve seen these lapses out of martavis. But when he’s on he drags around 25% of the defense with him.

Any rate I think Rodgers is a way to add another target that this O really needs right now.

Rodgers knows how to get open. Which is all the more surprising that they've benched him the last two weeks in favor of Hunter. Hunter has the tools but doesn't seem to be football smart imho. You need to have your best weapons on the field and to me Hunter is not one of those guys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm 

I've been watching the all-22 today. It's so frustrating, I'm starting to feel like Ben.

The defense rarely if ever covers the middle of the field and we even more rarely have a single route that goes there. The occasional seam and the occasional skinny post from AB but Bryant might not have set foot in between the numbers and beyond the sticks in the entire game.

We're getting looks that scream for in cuts, dig routes, seam routes and we're getting go routes on the outside with multiple options underneath the sticks.

If you take AB out of the equation, it's even worse.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next